Autopsy 2021 Rd 22: 14 point win over North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

A few thoughts after watching the replay (which was admittedly a bit of a chore) and I've gone all positives, since the negatives have been well covered:

- Cunningham is such a goer. Just gets the ball and goes. It's not always pretty but he understands the assignment every week, which is that we are a team built on our defensive rebounds, and he plays with the right amount of urgency for it. He's a key part of our rebounding game. Ditto Fox! And so is Lloyd, who I think we missed last night trying to get it out of defence with any kind of method.

- McLean just works so hard. The blatantly biased commentary from Brereton who coached him was a bit nauseating, but it was also well deserved, because he just does so much unseen stuff to try and make an impact. Won't always happen for him but he will never die wondering.

- Hayward literally went from a player with question marks over his work rate and intensity, to now being the forward we can count on to bring that every week. Just looks like he wants every ball to be his and if his opponent wins it he will make them earn it. Amazing the difference accuracy can make to a player's game as well.

- I just love the way Rowbottom goes about it and he's a player I'd rather see racking up high disposal numbers than tackle numbers as he's so clean and powerful, and that's been missing most of this year. Horse mentioned last week that he hadn't been doing much training this year (!!) so it will be interesting to see if he can get fit enough to be a part of the finals equation, as I still see him as best 22, but 62% TOG in a final would be a liability.

- Tom Hickey. He's the most unlikely challenger to Heeney's title of Mr. Highlights Reel, but I'm here for it.

[
Not sure why all the Florent hate. Many who played worse than him

This term is used so dramatically around here when people have a different opinion on a players performance. Hate is personal whatever context it is used in. Nobody around here hates any Swans player do they ? Btw he was terrible. And that is coming from somebody who has defended him no end. His indecision at the moment is deplorable.

Interesting Bombers up by 68 against GC atm. What will our attitude be against a side that has embarrassed us before ? Cruising against them will be a loss and if that is the case forget turning the tap back on week 1 of finals. Won't happen.

"Cleansing". WTF is wrong with "cleaning"?

Ethnic cleaning doesn't really have the same ring to it.

But y'all need to learn to chillaxe with the language stuff.

Makes you look like chooms.

Interesting Bombers up by 68 against GC atm. What will our attitude be against a side that has embarrassed us before ? Cruising against them will be a loss and if that is the case forget turning the tap back on week 1 of finals. Won't happen.

Flip side if essendon are so *en wonderful why they are just scraping into finals hopefully, while we are a lock

[

This term is used so dramatically around here when people have a different opinion on a players performance. Hate is personal whatever context it is used in. Nobody around here hates any Swans player do they ? Btw he was terrible. And that is coming from somebody who has defended him no end. His indecision at the moment is deplorable.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and smells like a duck is it unreasonable for people to think that maybe just maybe it is indeed a duck?

Flip side if essendon are so fu**en wonderful why they are just scraping into finals hopefully, while we are a lock

Read the post King. Just the type of playing style that if we are not switched on can cause big dramas for us. If you think the way we have gone the last 2 weeks would beat them currently you are off the boil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the post King. Just the type of playing style that if we are not switched on can cause big dramas for us. If you think the way we have gone the last 2 weeks would beat them currently you are off the boil.

domt disagree and take your point

but they are flat track bullies, they bury dud s than us yeah, but fools gold imo

i think we lift when it counts and they fold

Two different words. Kind of like uninterested and disinterested.
Oh yes, you've got one of my favourite pedantic bugbears there. Hate people misusing disinterested.

My issue with "cleanse" is that it's almost exclusively used to accompany photos of self-satisfied women lying on a becnh with their faces covered in mud and slices of cucumber on their eyes.

Just remembered when Blakey got injured and was being helped off the ground the play came near him and he tried to get to the contest. Crazy kid.

You can say a lot of things about Blakey but not hitting a contest is not one of them. Absolutely gutted for him. Even though I don’t believe it’s his long term positions, there isn’t a player in the league id take over him for that hb role right now

Errol gets the Swans goal of the week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back