Autopsy 2021 Rd 22: 14 point win over North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange old game, nice quick effective ball movement 1st half, good structure behind the ball, then sleepy second half and we woke from our slumber just in time.

Some nice moments from guys such as Blakey, Hayward, McInerney, Mccartin and I liked Rowbottom's 1st half.
Hewett and Parker solid throughout and Hickey impressive late.

We came out with the right attitude, fell away and then composed ourselves and did what we had to do late.

Solid enough win when you consider we had little to play for in the overall scheme of things.

Didn't get to watch the game. AFL game day app saying Kennedy came off injured. Anyone know what happened there?
Just a mistake, meant to say Blakey. Josh was playing til the end.

Only was able to catch bits and pieces, but Campbell's touches just look a class above the other young players we've rotated through recently (Bell, Stephens etc).

Only 10 touches but 100% DE. Please no to whoever suggested dropping him.

All this talk about Rowbottom low game time. Dude was on the ground 4 minutes less than Parker and 5 less than Kennedy.
Where are you getting those numbers from. According to the AFL app Rowbottom was 62% TOG while the other two are 77%
Using 120 minutes as a rough guide for a game total (30min qtrs) that’s 18 minutes difference

I thought Florent was fine and I continue to be confused as to what people expect from him.

Your best 22 aren't all going to be world-beaters. Florent plays his role , is cool under pressure, and plays the occasional very good to great game.

I thought Florent was fine and I continue to be confused as to what people expect from him.

Your best 22 aren't all going to be world-beaters. Florent plays his role , is cool under pressure, and plays the occasional very good to great game.

I rate him every highly, but his disposal lets him down at times, but it’s nothing he can’t rectify. No doubt best 22

McLean has had some good games & some awful games.

Credit where it’s due - today was a good game.
Yep, he's a bit of a liability if it's wet. It's why I'd like Amartey to get a run if possible next week.

Harry has his best stats for the season

Not to state the obvious, but CD is cooked. Campbell was good but his game against the Crows was surely comfortably better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COR didn't do his chances of replacing Blakey any harm with that lovely dink inside 50. It would be nice to have an actual defender playing in the backline instead of shoehorning someone like Campbell or Hewitt in there.
Play him alongside Fox if you want to get run out of the back 50.

Where are you getting those numbers from. According to the AFL app Rowbottom was 62% TOG while the other two are 77%
Using 120 minutes as a rough guide for a game total (30min qtrs) that’s 18 minutes difference

AFL app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-14-22-55-49-70.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-14-22-55-49-70.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_2021-08-14-22-55-29-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-14-22-55-29-27.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2021-08-14-22-56-05-92.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-14-22-56-05-92.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 51
Great mysteries of the 2021 Swans:

1. Does Rowbottom have a clause in his contract saying he gets to sit on the bench for the 3rd & 4th quarters?

2. Reid. In defence late in quarters. Doesn’t seem to happen any more. Why?

I'd say that's just not updated from 3QT. If that were the final TOGs, each of them would have spent almost half the match on the pine.

The key point today was to get out of the game without injury which didn't work.

On the basis that the bye is cancelled:

Out - Kennedy, Papley, Hickey, Parker, Blakey, Wicks
In - Amartey, COR, Clarke, Lloyd, Stephens, Warner

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Frustrating night. The way we dominated in the first half we could have easily been 10 goals up at half time. The way we played in the third quarter and the start of the last was terrible and some of the worst footy we’ve played all year, we lost all the desire and effort and it was only a select few that stood up and saved the game.

Hickey and Parker were both great.

McInerney was best on to half time and barely sighted after, similar Heeney.

I didn’t think Florent was as bad as some here make it, yes, his disposal leaves a bit to be desired but I actually thought he worked all night.

Reid, I have always been a big fan of, but the way he’s played since his return hasn’t clarified why he’s in and Amartey is missing.

One of my most frustrating takes from the night is the free kicks we get away. Larkey had three touches to 3QT and I think all were shots at goal that stemmed from free kicks. The free to Ford that resulted in a goal. I struggle to see clearly whether we are either being hardly done by because we get picked up on these things and we don’t get them in our forward line, or if our defenders are just so ill disciplined.

a win is a win, but that left more questions than it answered about our credibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back