Autopsy 2021 Rd 22: 14 point win over North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Job done

Would I rewatch ? No thanks

But it’s nice to be kinda shitty about a win I guess

Means we are pretty good

Whatever type game could have gone to s**t BUT it didn’t

Get next week done and see what we do in finals

Hard to be critical, yea we fell asleep and let them back in, but we immediately clicked it up a gear and went bang, bang, bang with quick goals. Just swatting an annoying fly.

The only downside for me was Blakey’s injury. He’d be gutted, right has he was really starting to make a name for himself and build his confidence , he gets shut down again. Feel for him

Florent should be dropped off the back of tonight for Mills, he stepped up in the last but he was a non factor the first three quarters. His disposal has gotten worse as the season has gone on and he takes the extra second to get onto his right foot rather than moving the ball on which results in either caught holding the ball or a smothered kick. Reid for Buddy and Lloyd for the injured Blakey. The other changes.

Rampe also had a poor game which is now a trend rather than a one off.

I'm a Florent fan, but he's been pretty ordinary of late.

Flat as a tack re Blakey. He brings so much to our ability in breaking the lines. It's basically impossible for us to play on all cylinders without him. Finals will be a grind.

That's footy I guess. Few important blokes out for all teams so just need to cop it on the chin I guess.

I'm a Florent fan, but he's been pretty ordinary of late.

I like him as a point of difference in that he is evasive when parker, kennedy and mills and hewett are not. however it wasnt his best game tonight. just looked likehe was second guessing himself which may have been something like balance when you deliver it - so he kept looking for balance and kept getting caught.

but so did blakey

sometimes taking the game on comes off and sometimes it doesnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Limping in to the finals again. Gotta love everything falling apart when we need it the most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha I get the feeling, but almost all teams in the eight are limping into finals.

GWS are 3.5 games behind the top 6 sides yet they're just about the team I want to come up against least in finals. Bizarre season.

Parker was class above today.
Rowbottom and Forent concerning form.
with any luck Blakey is salvageable, he always looks worse injured that he really is.
good to get the win, move on.

Blakey injury is so typical on the eve eve of finals and the Kennedy niggle. Hoping for best case scenario when it comes to Blakey and that he can recover from this in time (seems unlikely) and they should rest Kennedy especially if it was just tightness.

West Coast win both games bd they are our finals Opponent. Time to cheer the Eagles on for the next two though cheering other teams hasn’t worked so far this week

Unless West Coast beat Brisbane next week, 6th v 7th is Sydney v GWS.

Dammit.
On the bright side, we arguably have the most confidence to gain beating them in a final than of all other teams that could finish there.

It was a poor performance but what was impressive is we could turn it on when needed. North got within touching distance and we just turned on the gas, got to a lead and then slowed down again. We should have smashed them but no need to play ourselves into the ground for Norf

Norf are a better team than Carlollies but I am still disappointed we did not put them away after a strong start. (i had warmed up by savouring Port's slaughter of the Blues)

I love Paps (we all do) but he was really undisciplined. Paps is a barometer. When he is doing all the little things and being unselfish it sets a bar.

I think Paps added to some mug lair behaviour some of the players engaged in. We really should have had a 10 goal lead at half time.

I had hoped Horse baked them at half time and told them to cut the Hollywood out. If he did they did not listen. Noble clearly upped his mob and changed up a couple of things inc their pressure levels.

Ok the +'s

* another w in the column
* our I50s were pretty good in the first half and latter part of Q4
* McLean, Campbell and COR when he came on were sold contributors
* Hickey had a great battle with Goldy and was immense in Q4
* Parker and Hewett were more than handy and helped by having some speed around clearances.
* Some of the field kicking was just terrific, tho some of it was a bit ambitious. I'm always happy when Gulden, Dawson, JMac, Blakey, Harry and Campbell had ball in hand.
* Harry C led the defence and helped cover up some blushes.
* TommyMac did well v Larkey but must eliminate cheap frees
* Reckon there will be some systems learnings, esp in defence and as ever at CCs, plus the need to maintain pressure.

OK the -'s

* Please do not play like mug lairs, we will be caught out.
* Injuries to Blakey (who had found some good form) and JPK
* Reid is a long way from early season form
* Wicks is on thin ice
* Melican was a liability throughout (bring in Brand FFS if we need a tall) and again showed he is not AFL standard.

North are a legitimately competitive team too. Well coached and play with real spirit. I couldn't stand them under Brad Scott but David Noble appears to be a very respectable guy and he's done a great job with them. We should have beaten them and did but I wasn't surprised they put up a good fight.

Norf are a better team than Carlollies but I am still disappointed we did not put them away after a strong start. (i had warmed up by savouring Port's slaughter of the Blues)

I love Paps (we all do) but he was really undisciplined. Paps is a barometer. When he is doing all the little things and being unselfish it sets a bar.

I think Paps added to some mug lair behaviour some of the players engaged in. We really should have had a 10 goal lead at half time.

I had hoped Horse baked them at half time and told them to cut the Hollywood out. If he did they did not listen. Noble clearly upped his mob and changed up a couple of things inc their pressure levels.

Ok the +'s

* another w in the column
* our I50s were pretty good in the first half and latter part of Q4
* McLean, Campbell and COR when he came on were sold contributors
* Hickey had a great battle with Goldy and was immense in Q4
* Parker and Hewett were more than handy and helped by having some speed around clearances.
* Some of the field kicking was just terrific, tho some of it was a bit ambitious. I'm always happy when Gulden, Dawson, JMac, Blakey, Harry and Campbell had ball in hand.
* Harry C led the defence and helped cover up some blushes.
* TommyMac did well v Larkey but must eliminate cheap frees
* Reckon there will be some systems learnings, esp in defence and as ever at CCs, plus the need to maintain pressure.

OK the -'s

* Please do not play like mug lairs, we will be caught out.
* Injuries to Blakey (who had found some good form) and JPK
* Reid is a long way from early season form
* Wicks is on thin ice
* Melican was a liability throughout (bring in Brand FFS if we need a tall) and again showed he is not AFL standard.
I hate to disagree with you, but Melican IS AFL standard. He plays in one of the most difficult positions on the field in that any mistake he makes, or if his opponent beats him, it could result in a goal that is then replayed in slow motion so that we can all see his mistake again. Not one team in the comp has a backman that wins every time in every game and he is not the best, but also not the worst.
Melican's problem is that it always takes him 3-4 games before he gets up to speed and then he looks great. The problem is that as soon as he looks great we hear a 'twang' and he is out again for another 4 weeks and the process starts over again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back