Preview 2021 Rd 5 - Richmond vs St Kilda at Docklands Thursday 15/4 7.20pm AEST - Conspiracies, Comparisons and the Moorabbin Rasputitsa

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Not really. Higgins did not want to repay the clubs faith it had invested in him by working to make the small forward role his. He wanted what Higgins wanted basically. Maybe knowing Maurice was coming down and seeing his highlights he just turned tail and took the easy out. Aarts is basically just keeping Maurice spot warm while he develops.

Now with Butler, I actually know him quite well, love the bloke BUT he cant defend and is exposed when you play through his man. So it made sense when we allowed him to explore his options. If he had no takers I am sure we would have retained him as he is an offensive weapon but come the heat of finals you need weapons that also are accountable to there opponents.

Now Buts is at a club that allows him to play his way, and im stoked for him but that does not make the decision wrong.
Dont stress too much when we draft his brother at the end of the year people will say he is better than Dan was

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
ahhhh this post reminds me of the good old days. I can smell them in the air again.

That stat about us being 18th for forward pressure is concerning. If only we had some small forwards we could play there i rkn the likes of a Dan Butler or Jack Higgins would fit very well into our structures
Butler would be good except the last 15 games he played for Richmond he provided next to no pressure

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Reading this topic reminds me of the good old days melts etc and we're all coaches. I don't agree with some of the decisions but let's back the group and club.
Or, lets feel free to post opinions on selection whilst still backing the club, without fellow Tiger supporters asking us not to post our opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol glad I made the decision to skip the last 9 pages. :D

I feel for Ross, not sure he should have been dropped, especially with Prestia still a ways away. However the coaches have made their decision, for better or worse, all we can do is back them in, but our midfield is still missing that Prestia piece without him and not having anyone to play that position while he’s gone.

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
image-jpg.1102666

im so happy right now!
*en hell m8 any chance of wiping your stove or washing those dishes ?

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
AFL playing the Saints GF card hard. How is this still relevant 4 years on? Who ******* cares. No mention of the arse reaming Martin gave them round 23 at the G though, nah doesn't fit the "we hate Richmond narrative"

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
I’ve come to the realisation that we aren’t really a pressure side anymore. It’s more our clever running patterns in waves, handballing, strong defence and the daunting Dusty that send opposition players into meltdown. We’ve talked about smalls and pressure being the cornerstone of our style for many years but being ranked 16th for tackling and dead last for tackling inside 50 doesn’t paint that picture anymore. Compare that with 2017, where we were 1st for tackles inside 50 and 7th for tackles. Now that’s a sign of having a bunch of pressure smalls.

Yeah we won the premiership last year being last in tackles inside 50, but honestly that’s because other parts of our team compensated for this issue. Struggling to see the point of having small forwards that don’t tackle and don’t kick goals. We could be so much better if they did, but because they don’t the midfield and defence have to lift. Given that we’re down in both areas so far this year, our small forward deficiencies are really exposed IMO. If they don’t do the work then just go with mediums and talls like CCJ for more marks inside 50 and see how that works out instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back