AFL RDT [AFL DT] 2021 Team Picker

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlike past years where we could have 12 or more of the starting 22 being the same, the 2021 season will be totally different.
I currently only have 7 of your starting 22. Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Heppell, Preuss, Danger and Cockatoo.
Not as many "no brainers" this year.

I started with Rozee last year & was really disappointed. Started well and then it was pretty much downhill from there. Not sure if it was role related or the reduced minutes? I rate the kid and at some stage he is going big.

Foot injury. He was managed through the year after about round 5.

Considering that this is the AFL Real Dream Team forum, why do we have posts for Super League, NBA, NFL, A League and any other bloody fantasy competition happening anywhere in the world??

I have a sneaky suspicion that we will be lucky to fill two leagues this year.
I feel that the events of last year has just turned so many off RDT. I hope I'm wrong.

if the events of the past couple of weeks are anything to go by, I'd suggest we are going to struggle to get a season completed this year.

Why is that when we managed last year in a much more difficult situation from where we currently stand.

Why is that when we managed last year in a much more difficult situation from where we currently stand.
Because states are now willing to close their borders with 24-36 hours notice after some other state suffers 10 new cases. WA may leave their borders closed for most of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a little quiet on here, I’ve been bored all weekend & have come up with this for now. Disclaimer: there will be 1001 changes before R1. Rookies are placeholders. Rucks are, well, fraught with danger lol
Backs:
Lloyd, Whitfield, Laird, Williams, LYoung, DGB....Jones, Laurie

Mids:
Gaff, Wines, Taranto, Prestia, Hately, Atkins, Whillips, Powell...Perkins, Smith, Bianco

Rucks:
Draper, Preuss...Fullarton

Forwards:
Dunks, Marshall, Thillips, Butters, Cockatoo, Kelly...Cox, Rowe

Been a little quiet on here, I’ve been bored all weekend & have come up with this for now. Disclaimer: there will be 1001 changes before R1. Rookies are placeholders. Rucks are, well, fraught with danger lol
Backs:

Mids:
Gaff, Wines, Taranto, Prestia, Hately, Atkins, Whillips, Powell...Perkins, Smith, Bianco

Rucks:

Forwards:

Will likely remain so until the 2021 platform is opened up entirely

Backs:

Mids:

Rucks:

Forwards:
Only 1001 changes you reckon. Probably underestimated. :p
I'm also toying with the idea of starting with two mid priced rucks. The strategy of starting with Jacobs and Naismith last year killed my season right from the start and I never fully recovered.
As much as I would like to start with Dunkley as I feel he is underpriced on his potential but I am just concerned about how much mid time he is going to get.

Only 1001 changes you reckon. Probably underestimated. :p
I'm also toying with the idea of starting with two mid priced rucks. The strategy of starting with Jacobs and Naismith last year killed my season right from the start and I never fully recovered.
As much as I would like to start with Dunkley as I feel he is underpriced on his potential but I am just concerned about how much mid time he is going to get.

Yeah same. Last year was a disaster and I swore I wouldn't do it again! And yet here I am currently toying with the idea of Draper, Preuss and Hickey as R3. I think I have misplaced my brain somewhere.

Yeah same. Last year was a disaster and I swore I wouldn't do it again! And yet here I am currently toying with the idea of Draper, Preuss and Hickey as R3. I think I have misplaced my brain somewhere.
I'm just thinking of McEvoy as my starting R1 as the speculation is that his role is reverting to the Hawk's main ruck. If that were so, he's going to become a 90+ average and will gain heaps of $$$.
There's a couple of issues with this so. Knowing Clarko, he might ruck for rounds 1 & 2 and then go back to CHB. The other issue is - how many mid pricers can we have as starters? As much as they will make some cash for us, it's nowhere near as much as a rookie who can average 50. Will we have enough rookies though?

I'm just thinking of McEvoy as my starting R1 as the speculation is that his role is reverting to the Hawk's main ruck. If that were so, he's going to become a 90+ average and will gain heaps of $$$.
There's a couple of issues with this so. Knowing Clarko, he might ruck for rounds 1 & 2 and then go back to CHB. The other issue is - how many mid pricers can we have as starters? As much as they will make some cash for us, it's nowhere near as much as a rookie who can average 50. Will we have enough rookies though?
Actually I had enough money left in the bank with a few minor tweaks and currently sitting with Big O, Preuss and Hickey across the Ruck. High risk I know but I don't mind how that actually looks for the moment. Especially if Hickey gets a decent run and can earn me some money and serve as a strong back up or cash generation for a downgrade. At least Hickey is cheap enough in RDT to serve this purpose.

I see that we have lost our own forum sector and are now just being grouped in "other fantasy games". :thumbsdown::mad:
Probably because so many were using the DT forum for every other bloody fantasy game that we longer have a specific DT forum.
Not happy.
Then again, it seems that most of the posters have disappeared So much so, we may not even have a single league this year.
Sportsdeck need to do something serious very soon otherwise RDT will just completely die.

Last edited:
Neale seems like a bit of a tough sell to me, what he did last year was insane in shortened games, not sure if I want to bank him doing it again or try buy at a better time.

1611925107612.png
My first iteration, will never end up picking this exact team for round 1 but just watch this team end up being my best in hindsight.

I'm starting the gull this season, just had enough. Only 50k more than Whit which is well worth it given how prone Whit is to a stinker. Lloyd very consistent and pleasurable to own.
Really banking on GWS to pull their finger out and have a good season. I said Whit is prone to a stinker but still starting him just in case GWS start well and he can go big on his day. I think JKelly is slightly underpriced for what he can do. Taranto even more so. Tadams is hopefully going to be my safe mid with a low floor and potential to go big, like him a bit better than Gaff.

Fwd line premos were tough to pick, went with Zorko and Dusty. Zorko for his ceiling and Dusty was the next best I could afford. If I find the cash, Marshall is another option.

Never thought I would start Hepp, Impey and Ziebell but they are heavily discounted. These guys should be ashamed if they can't average at least 65 so there they should be great cash cows. Of course, if a respectable fwd rookie is named I might have to turf one of the midpricers and use the cash to beef up the midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back