Vent 2021 Regrets / Vents .... Oh My !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not taking RCD early and picking Murphy instead
The SC Gods are looking down and laughing. Usually they'd punish the early rookie pick up, but this time they decided to troll us

Gut told me Nick Hind would be a very solid pick from the moment he arrived at Essendon, avoided actually picking him due to my natural Essendon bias.

Instead I have Jaidyn Stephenson... It could be worse tbh.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Traded in Murphy and traded out Rowe. * SC

tenor (31).gif

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Me too mate, it was him or Bont for me. I went Trac to be ‘unique’... should of gone vanilla KOTD

I brought in Bont and Petracca 2 weeks ago.

Just was sceptical about Guthrie keeping his scoring up and with what happens when Danger comes back.

I think he's the real deal though and Danger coming back will do stuff all to his scores.

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I brought in Bont and Petracca 2 weeks ago.

Just was sceptical about Guthrie keeping his scoring up and with what happens when Danger comes back.

I think he's the real deal though and Danger coming back will do stuff all to his scores.
Great call with Bont, wish I did the same. You are on the money with Guthrie, he was so impressive last night. Where has this form been the last 10 years? Lol

Great call with Bont, wish I did the same. You are on the money with Guthrie, he was so impressive last night. Where has this form been the last 10 years? Lol

Didn't Guthrie win the B&F last year? He certainly had plenty of form the last couple of years at least.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

I still might try bring Guthrie in.

I have 2 mid spots left and it will be out of these campaigners -

Guthrie
Merrett
Jelly (Roughy back in?)
Taranto
Lyons

Probably will grab Merrett and Lyons.

Guthrie
Merrett
Jelly (Roughy back in?)
Lyons
My 2c:
You already have 6 ~$600k stud mids, but you have lots of rookies on field. It's going to be hard to get rid of these rookies with the current bench rookies sucking so much and not making any money. Lower your standards and look for bargains, don't spend more than around $500k on your next upgrades, get rid of the rookies, then you can luxury trade more studs in later

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Guthrie
Merrett
Jelly (Roughy back in?)
Taranto
Lyons

Probably will grab Merrett and Lyons.
I like how you think mate, I would pick those 2 as well. I’ve had Merrett since the start & last season, absolute jet.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
My 2c:
You already have 6 ~$600k stud mids, but you have lots of rookies on field. It's going to be hard to get rid of these rookies with the current bench rookies sucking so much and not making any money. Lower your standards and look for bargains, don't spend more than around $500k on your next upgrades, get rid of the rookies, then you can luxury trade more studs in later

My current rookies on the ground -

Kosi D5, Murphy D6

Powell M7, Jordan M8

Warner F4, Scott F5, SP Bergman F6

So 7 rookies on the ground but $187k in the kitty.

I want to get Ridley in during the next 1-2 weeks.

Powell and Jordan I am happy to let keep mooing for a while.

Just need to concentrate on upgrading F4-F6 in the short term but West and Bergman are still making money.

Might have to to get some bargains at F4-F6, D6 and M7 or M8.

I think we need an investigation into JM's salary cap, how can he afford all these premo mids and still make a play for Guthrie.
He uses cheat codes, that's how he gets extra trades too - shhhhh though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back