Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
We have had a bit of carnage this year and every time I went to trade Highmore I looked at his BE and had other holes to fill so he just sat on my bench honestly!

Back in this week and imagine a 100+ score!

100 be nice. Looping Highmore hoping I don't have to field Parks again because Ryan is a soft kent.
So don't worry about trading in Highmore?

Spewin there’s not a player called ‘into the blue’.

or Sin City........

monophy.gif

How did Highmore go last night? Likely to keep his spot for a few weeks?
Looks pretty confident in the air - had a couple of intercept marks spoiled away from him by his own teammates. Thought he was pretty fumbly at ground level and rushed a couple of handballs under pressure, not surprisingly for a kid that's played 3 games.

In isolation their backline held up okay - 2 goals to Hawkins and 1 to Cameron and only 68 points conceded suggests they did something right but who knows with Ratts. It's not a "winning formula" because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door at the other end so I wouldn't be confident saying he's safe

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Doubt it. Had fu** all game time, no doubt Ratts will blame him for the loss and all other bad things in the universe, and we’ll never see him again
Not great, but I thought he was better than Webster
Looks pretty confident in the air - had a couple of intercept marks spoiled away from him by his own teammates. Thought he was pretty fumbly at ground level and rushed a couple of handballs under pressure, not surprisingly for a kid that's played 3 games.

In isolation their backline held up okay - 2 goals to Hawkins and 1 to Cameron and only 68 points conceded suggests they did something right but who knows with Ratts. It's not a "winning formula" because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door at the other end so I wouldn't be confident saying he's safe

Their backline didn't cost them the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their backline didn't cost them the game.
That's what I was implying. My reference was to Ratten saying he was "reluctant to change a winning formula" after they beat the Suns despite Highmore going gangbusters in the 2s that same week - although their backline was solid they didn't win at the end of the day so I don't trust Ratts not to make changes

Brockman and Macrae might be the subs. Might absolutely destroy any chance of making decent money if they come on very late
I've been thinking about this with Brockman tbh - I think he has sweet * all cash to make whether he comes back in or not. Small forward in a bottom 6 side who has already put up 2 scores in the 20s with a BE of 30. At best he's another Jimmy Rowe so he makes like, what, another 60k? I think I'm just going to trade him out

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I've been thinking about this with Brockman tbh - I think he has sweet fu** all cash to make whether he comes back in or not. Small forward in a bottom 6 side who has already put up 2 scores in the 20s with a BE of 30. At best he's another Jimmy Rowe so he makes like, what, another 60k? I think I'm just going to trade him out
I traded him out this week. Kept Berry who is a potato, but at least he's playing.

I traded him out this week. Kept Berry who is a potato, but at least he's playing.
Yeah I was going to trade McCreery to RCD but I think it's going to end up being Brockman. Again, he's a bit of a potato scoring wise but Bucks seems to love him and at least he's playing. Made the mistake where I traded the rookie I knew was playing when Aquaman was on the bubble and that's lost me like 150k of cash gen, not doing that twice

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ratten should drop all his sh*t truck forwards who were missing simple shots. Leave SP Highmore alone.

He realistically only needs to play another 2-3 and he'll be ripe to trade.
Fact that Highmore started pretty much every quarter on the bench and had the lowest TOG of any Saints player who played the whole game doesn't fill me with confidence. Think he's a better player than Joyce, who probably went out for him, but don't trust Ratten at all. Fingers crossed he stays in for the next couple

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
I'm not doing my second trade until after I've seen what Kosi (E) and Grundy (VC) score, so I'm stuck with Brockman for this week at M11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back