Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Shame Collingwood are going to lose two years of trade participation in order to get him given how much they need to draft right now. Ugly few years approaching.

Shame Collingwood are going to lose two years of trade participation in order to get him given how much they need to draft right now. Ugly few years approaching.
He's worth it tbh, he's a lock for sc next year

He's worth it tbh, he's a lock for sc next year
Yeah he’s a ******* gun, but Collingwood are also about to launch a rebuild, with no draft picks for two years. Not inconceivable to see them going down the Carlton/Melb ten years of pain path. And that’d be terrible for the comp.

Yeah he’s a ******* gun, but Collingwood are also about to launch a rebuild, with no draft picks for two years. Not inconceivable to see them going down the Carlton/Melb ten years of pain path. And that’d be terrible for the comp.
Yeah, I expect them to be in s**t for a while but you can't pass on Daicos. The fans would be in raptures if they pass on the son of one of their best ever who is one of the most talented juniors we've seen.

That's part of the reason why we invested so heavily in the draft last year. It is a concern though that we're so reliant on a single draft year. And does mean we could be in for some pain if we mess up their development. But hopefully Daicos was worth that risk. We really need at least 3 of Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter and McCreery to be best 22 by mid 2023.

We'll also be in some trouble if none of Will Kelly, Mark Keane or Liam McMahon turn out to be AFL calibre KPPs.

Please

2021 - 3 games out of 8.

On a roll after destroying the top of the ladder lemons

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a bit of a stretch isn't it LMAO

We are 4-9 and coming off two wins (your mob included) with a loss to Geelong by 10 points and PA by 1 point in the last month. Also lost to the Dogs by 16 points and Brisbane by a point. 3 goals our way and we are 8-5 having beaten majority of the top sides. The do better report, board changes, coaching resignations, a plethora of outside noise and media scrutiny coupled with injuries and it just hasn't fallen our way. I think we are starting to build a better brand of footy now too.

Giving all the youngsters an absolute red hot crack and by FA next year our salary cap would've dissolved, all the dead wood is gone and we can start afresh. Hell we can even attack FA with a huge amount of salary cap available.

We have a good nucleus - Grundy, Moore, Adams, Elliott, JDG, Maynard, Crisp, Daicos x2, Mihocek, Quaynor with rookies performing well - Poulter, Bianco, McReery and I'm backing Oli Henry and Fin to make it everyday of the week. Cameron showing a lot too. We still have a lot of young talent unsighted as well and then obviously we have the elder statesman Pendles Sidey Howe Rough Mayne. 2-3 years with further development to the kids, and continuation of our top end players coupled with a signing here and there and we are in the hunt imo

We are 4-9 and coming off two wins (your mob included) with a loss to Geelong by 10 points and PA by 1 point in the last month. Also lost to the Dogs by 16 points and Brisbane by a point. 3 goals our way and we are 8-5 having beaten majority of the top sides. The do better report, board changes, coaching resignations, a plethora of outside noise and media scrutiny coupled with injuries and it just hasn't fallen our way. I think we are starting to build a better brand of footy now too.

Giving all the youngsters an absolute red hot crack and by FA next year our salary cap would've dissolved, all the dead wood is gone and we can start afresh. Hell we can even attack FA with a huge amount of salary cap available.

We have a good nucleus - Grundy, Moore, Adams, Elliott, JDG, Maynard, Crisp, Daicos x2, Mihocek, Quaynor with rookies performing well - Poulter, Bianco, McReery and I'm backing Oli Henry and Fin to make it everyday of the week. Cameron showing a lot too. We still have a lot of young talent unsighted as well and then obviously we have the elder statesman Pendles Sidey Howe Rough Mayne. 2-3 years with further development to the kids, and continuation of our top end players coupled with a signing here and there and we are in the hunt imo
This made me laugh

The elder statesmen are keeping the team competitive. They’ll be gone soon and leave a gigantic hole. Some of the youngsters coming through are exciting, but they won’t carry you to a flag. You need to recruit and draft to build a team, but you can’t because you’ve got no draft picks for the next two drafts.

I have a soft spot for the Pies. All my family barrack for them; brother, parents, parents in law, aunties, uncles etc. I barrack for them except when they’re playing the Dees, so I’m not having a dig. Just see a lot of pain in the shirt-term.

You made a preliminary final in 2018 and finished second last in 2019. Then missed finals again in 2020 :poo::poo::poo::poo::poo:

We've made a Grand final in 2018, a Preliminary final in 2019, a Semi final in 2020 and now we are 4th last with all the BS we've had to cop.

Why laugh?
Frosty is being a flog, but every time I have an argument with someone, it’s always “when’s the last time you saw a flag“, not “when’s the last time you lost a granny” or “whens the last time you made a prelim”.

Which leads me to believe both sides have the same thing to show for 2018-2020; SFA other than failure.

The elder statesmen are keeping the team competitive. They’ll be gone soon and leave a gigantic hole. Some of the youngsters coming through are exciting, but they won’t carry you to a flag. You need to recruit and draft to build a team, but you can’t because you’ve got no draft picks for the next two drafts.

I have a soft spot for the Pies. All my family barrack for them; brother, parents, parents in law, aunties, uncles etc. I barrack for them except when they’re playing the Dees, so I’m not having a dig. Just see a lot of pain in the shirt-term.

I'm not sure about that. Pendles has had a good two weeks but Sidey has been very ordinary, Howe isn't playing, Mayne is ehhh and Roughead I will agree is playing awesome footy. But he is only just 30. Still a good few years left. Adams still not playing with us, Daicos still not on our roster. There's two of our starting engine room next year. I am one of the minority that thinks our backline is good enough, our forward line is good enough (yes a KPP would solidify that line perfectly) but the problem with our team is all about our midfield. It sucks, plain and honest. Grundy is elite and so is Adams but we drop off significantly after that.

Adams and Nick in there will do us a world of good. I know putting a lot on Nick early is stupid but he is incredibly gifted. Those two and JDG plus Joshy Daicos and Poulter on the wings with development from Fin, Reef and Biano with Crisp in there at times too and I think we could go OK.

Frosty is being a flog, but every time I have an argument with someone, it’s always “when’s the last time you saw a flag“, not “when’s the last time you lost a granny” or “whens the last time you made a prelim”.

Which leads me to believe both sides have the same thing to show for 2018-2020; SFA other than failure.
A common but pretty reductionist view I reckon. Would rather have been a St Kilda supporter than an Essendon supporter the last 20 years or so and reckon they achieved more through 2007-2010 than Melbourne in the same period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back