Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grainger-Barras struggling with fitness it seems. Reports he blew up running laps last week and this morning finished last and distressed in a 16 man trial over 2.2k. (per Hawkboy62). Too pricey for me anyway, but that doesn't inspire confidence of an early season start.

In fairness I almost keeled over myself out in the heat a few minutes back, but I'm not a fit, young and healthy athlete.

Grainger-Barras struggling with fitness it seems. Reports he blew up running laps last week and this morning finished last and distressed in a 16 man trial over 2.2k. (per Hawkboy62). Too pricey for me anyway, but that doesn't inspire confidence of an early season start.

In fairness I almost keeled over myself out in the heat a few minutes back, but I'm not a fit, young and healthy athlete.

Sounds like Downie is going alright though.

Word is that Fraser Rosman won Melbourne's time trial today over Neal-Bullen and a fully fit Tmac. Could be in for an earlier debut than expected.

So in other words you were a bit Dusty :moustache: .

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1610592066830.png

After going so close to winning the flag last year, Selwood was adamant that the Cats were “not that far off again” and their push towards going one better will be reliant on improvement from younger players as well.

“The boys are running well, they just learn to carry their weight a bit better, a bit like the horses,” Selwood said.

“A guy like Jordan Clark who was close to our [best] 22 last year but needed to work a little bit on a few things on his game and he’s gone away and done that which has been really encouraging,” Selwood said.

“And then other guys that we’ll probably look out for early in the year is Cooper Stephens and Sam De Koning, they were our first two picks in last year’s [2019] draft.”

The two SC relevant guys for Essendon are Harrison Jones and Archie Perkins.

Doubt we have much else to get excited about SC wise.

Keep an eye out for Lachlan Johnson & Tom Hird though as cheap cheap players for mid - late in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, I just learned that Lachlan is Chris Johnson's boy. I wonder why Brissy didn't Father Son him? :think:

Last edited:
View attachment 1040385

After going so close to winning the flag last year, Selwood was adamant that the Cats were “not that far off again” and their push towards going one better will be reliant on improvement from younger players as well.

“The boys are running well, they just learn to carry their weight a bit better, a bit like the horses,” Selwood said.

“A guy like Jordan Clark who was close to our [best] 22 last year but needed to work a little bit on a few things on his game and he’s gone away and done that which has been really encouraging,” Selwood said.

“And then other guys that we’ll probably look out for early in the year is Cooper Stephens and Sam De Koning, they were our first two picks in last year’s [2019] draft.”
TBH I can't see much JS in a side that just picked up Isaac Smith and Shaun Higgins as running types , and Jez Cameron, at the trade table last year.
Firmly in the window.

Pheonix spicer has shown good signs this preseason.
Got big raps from Mcdonald in presser today.
Kicked 2 in intraclub practice and has impressed a lot so one to watch.
Kid has super speed and skills on the run, pretty light for his size though.
117k Mid/fwd dpp.
Feedback in Adelaide is all these .....but flash's in & out ...way too many outs to get enough possessions to be SC relevant ATS

Feedback in Adelaide is all these .....but flash's in & out ...way too many outs to get enough possessions to be SC relevant ATS

Yes he is listed as 173cm and 64kg they wouldn't want to play him at the G he will be swirling around the air with all the chip packets.

Looks to be ok from the training video posted today.
Miss the first tackle and he's off running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back