Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the stand-out SC rookies for season 2021?
Who is likely to be selected to play in round 1?
Who are the mature agers to look for?
Are the top end draft picks worth their price?

Looks like Will Phillips ($198,300 M) is the early 'Rowell' type, with Alex Davies ($102,400 M) possibly the early season cheapie we love.
From my team, Trent Bianco ($123,900 D/M), Jay Rantall ($123,900 M), Finlay Macrae ($126,300 F/M), and Reef McInnes ($117,300 M) are the ones who could play early.

Round one of every season will always spring a surprise debut.
But for now, let's begin a discussion on who we like at this stage, and which rookies to keep an eye on through the pre-season.

From the Tigers I wouldn't be picking any rookies even if they were named Round 1. I doubt any will get regular games unless we are hit with lots of injuries.

What do you know about Maurice Rioli? Huge name to bear, so the expectation must be high. Late season debut perhaps?

Last edited:
I don’t think JUH is SuperCoach relevant at his price but for the Dogs Riley Garcia is very highly rated internally and is close to debuting. Likely a small forward role.

Yeah won't be many rookies from the Dogs this year. New recruits Treloar and Hannan would be shuffling a few players down the order.

Would Garcia play alongside Hannan?

What do you know about Maurice Rioli? Huge name to bear, so the expectation must be high. Late season debut perhaps?

Yes I think if he does play next year it would probably be for a couple of games later in the year.

Jones is a lock to play round one for Port
I don't agree he has a few players to get past before he makes the best 22 in a team that lost by a kick in the prelim.

For the dees. Laurie and Bowey both very good chances to play round 1. Worried though that they might be rotated so they should both be alright for a long haul on the bench. Rosman might not even play at all this year. Keep an eye out for James Jordan, 3rd year player, was going to play later this year but broke his finger. Club rates him very highly, he and Sparrow are the next gen after Viney and others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ports defenders-
3 of Jonas Clurey McKenzie Aliir
4 of Houston Burton DBJ Hartlett Jones
You could add to that list Trent McKenzie and Riley Bonner

You could add to that list Trent McKenzie and Riley Bonner

McKenzie is there on the list.
Bonner is pure depth IMO- soft as butter.

West Coast rooks will be scarce this year.

Harry Edwards at 123K, may come in for Gov maybe if he blows out one his HJ's fueled muscles again. 🤞

Would love to see Zane Trew at 102k who is a inside mid ball piglet, get a run.

Cutchings is rookie priced.

Is he best 22.?

Kinda seems he's in and out of the team abit.

Cutchings is rookie priced.

Is he best 22.?

Kinda seems he's in and out of the team abit.
He's probably best 26, solid depth.

His best position is as a tagger, but Simmo doesn't play a dedicated stopper lately.

His biggest problem is he can't finish a game due to injury, old man calves.

Great thread BTW ......what rookies from the 2019 Draft intake, are likely to debut this season ?

Hayden Young (inj)
Liam Henry (FREO) fwd .....apparently in the clubs top runners this PS
Miles Bergman
Cooper Stephens (GEEL)
Sam De Koning (GEEL) .....replacing Taylor ?
Deven Robertson (BRIS)
Dylan Williams (PORT)
Will Gould (SYD)
Finn Maginness (HAW)
Jay Rantall (COLL)
Ronin O'Connor (ADEL) ......put him on your watch list ..191cm inside mid with pace
Trent Bianco (COLL)

Thoughts ?

Four of those guys have debuted already.

Rantall should get games before most of the Pies 2020 draftees with a year in the system already. Gould should be another one that's ready to go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back