Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he is listed as 173cm and 64kg they wouldn't want to play him at the G he will be swirling around the air with all the chip packets.
Don't think his weight will hold him back, much the same as Kosi Pickett this year ....what he does is spectacular, just don't see him for long periods of games

He was discussed extensively on the ADEL board pre National Draft

Don't think his weight will hold him back, much the same as Kosi Pickett this year ....what he does is spectacular, just don't see him for long periods of games

He was discussed extensively on the ADEL board pre National Draft

Not having a go at the kid I actually already have him on my bench at the moment but he will be fighting for the small forward spot with guys like Atu/Perez/Lazzaro possibly also Scott and Mahony I'm sure the new coach will move them around a bit.

Not having a go at the kid I actually already have him on my bench at the moment but he will be fighting for the small forward spot with guys like Atu/Perez/Lazzaro possibly also Scott and Mahony I'm sure the new coach will move them around a bit.
Maybe 2 years away IMHO

I didn't realise perez was a forward.
If spicer impresses then there's a spot for him plain and simple.
There's 6 spots in the forward line and plenty of guys who'll fight for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not IMO .....if he plays yr 1 as a FWD

Most $200K+ Rookies fail ......Rowell was a rare exception

Walsh was fantastic.

Campbell might go OK but only if played as a mid from Round 1.
Walsh and Rowell were injected into the action from the start.
I have my doubts that will happen with Campbell. Another to watch in the JLT.

Walsh was fantastic.

Campbell might go OK but only if played as a mid from Round 1.
Walsh and Rowell were injected into the action from the start.
I have my doubts that will happen with Campbell. Another to watch in the JLT.

Sydney have other mids .
Unsure if he gets thrown into the mids.

If I wasn't already starting with Rowell, I'd back Serong to also breakout in his second year.
Why is starting two breakout players bad? I have just as much confidence in Serong as Taranto and Cunnington. Is it a case of too much risk or because others have a higher floor or ceiling.

Why is starting two breakout players bad? I have just as much confidence in Serong as Taranto and Cunnington. Is it a case of too much risk or because others have a higher floor or ceiling.

I generally stay well clear of 2nd year players, so one's enough of a risk for me. No way I'm spending 930k for 2 second year rookies with less than 20 games between them.

Last edited:
Serong at $435K with an 81 ave .....awkward price, is he a keeper, or stepping stone .....he may not generate enough $$$ to be a stepping stone ...unless you think he'll ave 95 in his 2nd year

In that price range you're normally looking at injury impacted premos .....

2nd year players historically have struggled .....I see Serong not breaking with tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back