Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Scott added to the Bulldogs list. Can’t be based on today’s game because he was terrible.

Ha. I read that and all I could imagine was..."Hi Anthony. You were really s**t today. Here's a contract"

Essendon rookie watch today.

All of Jones, Cahill, Perkins and Cox playing, along with Nick Bryan (123k RUC, doubt he’s got any serious chance of playing in round 1).

Hopefully he doesn't start round 1. Be much better to get him for his 3rd game (in round 19)
I won't be starting Cockatoo ......his historical scoring has never been anymore than an ordinary Rookie anyway

My hunch is Coaches picked him due to good JS ......but his injury prevalence, counters that

Ryder, Darcy/Lobb, Gawn and Grundy in his 1st 4 AFL matches, the kid is going to get mauled and scarred for life.

I am still pretty set on taking a perma donut at R3, just to make loopholing Grundy and Gawn simpler.

With the teams released the day before matches, having the donut on another line could screw with your bench and E, especially at the start when we all have a bunch of rookies with iffy JS around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder, Darcy/Lobb, Gawn and Grundy in his 1st 4 AFL matches, the kid is going to get mauled and scarred for life.

I am still pretty set on taking a perma donut at R3, just to make loopholing Grundy and Gawn simpler.

With the teams released the day before matches, having the donut on another line could screw with your bench and E, especially at the start when we all have a bunch of rookies with iffy JS around.

Ehh pushing for the perma donut that early could stifle you of like 500k plus in cash generation. Not worth the extra few points you make in the early rounds imo, you make those points up with trading.
Cash gen is key.

Take it from me, I didn’t grab ROB at R3, he made 400k plus the extra cash utilised on the DG so net like 600-700k from him alone and I was stuck with a plodder at R3 all year and didn’t use the extra trade to get him in.

Ehh pushing for the perma donut that early could stifle you of like 500k plus in cash generation. Not worth the extra few points you make in the early rounds imo, you make those points up with trading.
Cash gen is key.

Take it from me, I didn’t grab ROB at R3, he made 400k plus the extra cash utilised on the DG so net like 600-700k from him alone and I was stuck with a plodder at R3 all year and didn’t use the extra trade to get him in.
Same missing ROB killed my season. Was up against vastly improved sides all year.

If Flynn plays and gets a decent run he is a must have imo. Rucks score well, he should average 60+ easily with the potential to do better. It's probably a good thing to get the tough opponents early then go on a scoring run RD5-8. Ryder by himself, and Lobb/Darcy are not unbeatable either, he should do ok.

Like most rookies he just needs a good score at the right time to make decent coin.

Gawn and Grundy will probably monster him though.

If Flynn plays and gets a decent run he is a must have imo. Rucks score well, he should average 60+ easily with the potential to do better. It's probably a good thing to get the tough opponents early then go on a scoring run RD5-8. Ryder by himself, and Lobb/Darcy are not unbeatable either, he should do ok.

Like most rookies he just needs a good score at the right time to make decent coin.

Gawn and Grundy will probably monster him though.
Play Flynn and Mumford when against Gawn and Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back