Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to footywire Alec Waterman was listed as a MID ONLY in his short stint on the WCE list. Hopefully CD will take note of his 4 goal haul the other day and make him a 102k M/F

View attachment 1067540
There are plenty of forward rookies, Mid is fine, Mid/fwd is better. Def would be perfect!

According to footywire Alec Waterman was listed as a MID ONLY in his short stint on the WCE list. Hopefully CD will take note of his 4 goal haul the other day and make him a 102k M/F

View attachment 1067540
You simply know CD aren't going to do that .....campaigners will have him as a Mid only & spoil the celebrations

View attachment 1067540
Originally he was a father son pick 76 in 2014.

Capture.PNG

He spent 2 years on our list.
We actually re-rookied him when he fell sick with the kissing disease, delisted 2016 he had 2 years off and played for Claremont last year and the year before, mostly fwd.

Capture.PNG

There are plenty of forward rookies, Mid is fine, Mid/fwd is better. Def would be perfect!

You simply know CD aren't going to do that .....campaigners will have him as a Mid only & spoil the celebrations

He played as a forward for Claremont last year so they might even go the other way and make him Fwd only. Crossing my fingers for 102k M/F DP though.

He's in.

We.ll have to wait for him to be added to SC.

Hurry the fook up.

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've been thinking if it's the profit or liquidity that really matters when upgrading/downgrading players?

Regardless of if a player was a rookie or midpricer when your started with them, if they're both $400k when you sell for a $100k rookie, you have $300k in the hand to play with for an upgrade.

Sometimes it's the cost of the downgrade target that makes the difference.

The additional outlay for some midpricers to start with can be as much about job security and hopefully consistent points each week until you upgrade as opposed to trying to pick breakouts you'll hold all year.

Is this too logical/illogical....

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This helps clarify thinking but it doesn’t quite tell the whole story. Money made by a rookie or a stepping stone but points you score along the way are worth something too if you’re playing them on field. 350K player who average 95 might not make you 150K but was probably still a pretty good pick.

Yeah definitely. 95 is a d6/f6 keeper. Even 90 is fine I reckon. If it's a bad season overall or for your team then 95 at m8 is sometimes not a bad outcome.

So I've been thinking if it's the profit or liquidity that really matters when upgrading/downgrading players?

Regardless of if a player was a rookie or midpricer when your started with them, if they're both $400k when you sell for a $100k rookie, you have $300k in the hand to play with for an upgrade.

Sometimes it's the cost of the downgrade target that makes the difference.

The additional outlay for some midpricers to start with can be as much about job security and hopefully consistent points each week until you upgrade as opposed to trying to pick breakouts you'll hold all year.

Is this too logical/illogical....

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is very logical as midpricers will generally score better than rookies.

The downside is too many midpricers limits your ability to get Super-premo's. And this means less VC/C options, which can loose you points. I think what people forget is we only get 2 trades per week, so if you have a dud mid-pricer it can be hard to get rid of them when you have rookies to up/downgrade and injuries to deal with.

It's all a balancing act!

Where is Worrell at for round 1? I'll take him on the other side of Cox, who I think will play a lot of games this year. I'm happy for Worrell to not play in round 1, use him as my early round loophole option, fully expecting him to play soon. Even if he comes in in round 2-4, I'll have other rookies out by then.

It's looking like there'll be a heap of forward rookies to choose from. With Ziebell/Daniher/Impey on field and forward only, I don't think there's enough room to take a donut loophole at F8.

Yes forward rookies typically don't score well, but if there's options available up forward and not many down back or in the middle, you simply have to take them.

Where is Worrell at for round 1? I'll take him on the other side of Cox, who I think will play a lot of games this year. I'm happy for Worrell to not play in round 1, use him as my early round loophole option, fully expecting him to play soon. Even if he comes in in round 2-4, I'll have other rookies out by then.

It's looking like there'll be a heap of forward rookies to choose from. With Ziebell/Daniher/Impey on field and forward only, I don't think there's enough room to take a donut loophole at F8.

Yes forward rookies typically don't score well, but if there's options available up forward and not many down back or in the middle, you simply have to take them.

Waynes Kerr World reckons Worrall won't play Round one.

Crows prob go with mcAarsey and butts etc down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back