Position 2021 Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jordon will need to play well today. Harmes & Sparrow knocking on the door.

harmes.JPG

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Does anyone know what the deal is with Fin Macrae? Yesterday 23 points and this to go with his previous 2 games of 41 & 37 for a midfielder these numbers are terrible. Is he just crap or do CD hate him? Another thing I noticed is yesterday he had 11 disposals at apparently 81% but he had 4 clangers which equals 63%????

I hear he has a PT job as a butcher

View attachment 1116744
Harmes actually wasn't that good, they'll ease him into it anyway. Sparrow was incredible, he's the concern.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks

View attachment 1116744
Melbourne should keep winning over the next few weeks, if Jordon plays OK you'd think he'll stay in the team. The danger is when they eventually lose a game, that might give them an excuse to drop him.

BE -16 if he can have two more decent matches he'll be above $300k and will have moo'd enough. Anything past that point is a bonus.

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon that I might downgrade Chapman > Fredrick if Chappy doesn't score well today and then trade out Highmore or Jones > Murphy.

I want to shore up my back bench as it makes me nervous having Highmore and Jones on there.

Who to get rid of out of Highmore and Jones? I'm thinking Highmore as he must have trashed Rattens house and kicked his dog off a bridge.

My backline would be -
Lloyd, Laird, Short, Stewart, Fredrick, Murphy (Kosi, Highmore or Jones)

$200k in the kitty.
Get rid of highmore I reckon the coach doesn’t seem to rate him at all. I think it’s time I move highmore as well this week

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We've got Frederick, Murray and Murphy to choose from as def rookies this week.

Then RCD, Bryan, Owies, Byrnes and Poulter all did enough to get a 2nd game next week in my opinion and should be on the bubble.

Issue is it's also starting to be upgrade season so I'd only want to take 2 if possible.

Probably rank Frederick as the best, RCD the 2nd best option although he's obviously got JS issues like any young Richmond player would.

We've got Frederick, Murray and Murphy to choose from as def rookies this week.

Then RCD, Bryan, Owies, Byrnes and Poulter all did enough to get a 2nd game next week in my opinion and should be on the bubble.

Issue is it's also starting to be upgrade season so I'd only want to take 2 if possible.

Probably rank Frederick as the best, RCD the 2nd best option although he's obviously got JS issues like any young Richmond player would.

Richmond had Baker,Stack,Ross..
A few years back all scored pretty well.
Meatball 3-4.
Cotch hammy say 3 weeks.

RCD onlty 5 or so weeks to mske enough cash.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Richmond had Baker,Stack,Ross..
A few years back all scored pretty well.
Meatball 3-4.
Cotch hammy say 3 weeks.

RCD onlty 5 or so weeks to mske enough cash.
RCD looked comfortable against a good side. 3rd year player so shouldn't fade after a few games. Tigers generally OK with rookies if they play well.

Prestia is a walking injury, Cockchin gets old man injuries. He might play for a while. Not going going early on him but will take him if named for a 3rd game. Probably swap him for Berry or Guiden.

I've got Hightmore like most.
Sharp been useful for loops so far.
Waterman worst trade in .
FIN ....second worst trade this year.

Yuck.

I might have to sideways some of these kents to better rookies ..to get some cash gen.

I'll have to wait for the next wave coming though.

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't think there is any value sideways trading non-playing or poor playing rookies, need to hold on to the ones we have and hope they eeeek out to a mid $200k like a Rowe to make some cash on them - sideways rookies is as bad as sideways premos imo

Don't think there is any value sideways trading non-playing or poor playing rookies, need to hold on to the ones we have and hope they eeeek out to a mid $200k like a Rowe to make some cash on them - sideways rookies is as bad as sideways premos imo

Sideways a dead rookie not getting a game to a playing rookie with neg BE thst might make 150 -200k k .
Is ok IMO.

We all make mistakes.

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sideways a dead rookie not getting a game to a playing rookie with neg BE thst might make 150 -200k k .
Is ok IMO.

We all make mistakes.
Nope, use them as a loop or wait for them to get games.
Waste of a trade - these mistakes shouldn't be getting made in the first place.
Rookie selection is as or even more important than premium selections.

I only have Highmore, Waterman and Sharp as non-players, each on different lines, which helps to loop. Macrae probably my only other mistake so far.
Just trade around them and wait until they get games, even through the bye periods you shouldnt realistically need them with only 18 playing.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Nope, use them as a loop or wait for them to get games.
Waste of a trade - these mistakes shouldn't be getting made in the first place.
Rookie selection is as or even more important than premium selections.

I only have Highmore, Waterman and Sharp as non-players, each on different lines, which helps to loop. Macrae probably my only other mistake so far.
Just trade around them and wait until they get games, even through the bye periods you shouldnt realistically need them with only 18 playing.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you avoided ALL of the bad rookies then congrats but it's not realistic.

For example in my circumstance I'm not seeing that Brockman is going to score well even if he does come back, and Waterman seems a fair bit off it. Add in that the Crows are coming off 2 bad losses (1 choke, 1 flog) - Berry and Rowe would be on the team selection chopping block. I'd hope Highmore gets a gig again soon and am prepared to wait on him BUT you can't hold onto all of them. Cash gen will be ****ed if everything goes the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back