Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Why have people seem to have gone cold on Thilthorpe...
Too pricey ? Or just better options in other rookies this week and next ?
Too expensive and look at the Crows draw over the next month.

They will get belted in every single game.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Why have people seem to have gone cold on Thilthorpe...
Too pricey ? Or just better options in other rookies this week and next ?
Better options I reckon. First year KPP. I was more confident taking Dev at $225k this week than I would be taking a first year KPP at just over $200k.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
If Highmore doesn't get a game this week, don't know when it will happen for him. Played a great game in the VFL, but their AFL team won in a canter, and the VFL team has the bye next week, so he won't get to press his claims. (Yes, that's right, a bye, 4 rounds into a 19 round season. Must have something to do with the 17 practice games they played before the season proper commenced).

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Too expensive and look at the Crows draw over the next month.

They will get belted in every single game.

De Niro Look.gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Better options I reckon. First year KPP. I was more confident taking Dev at $225k this week than I would be taking a first year KPP at just over $200k.
That said ....Thilthorpe has the best JS now of most of the current trade-in Rookies ......RCD looking OK ....and I have no idea of Frederick's JS, even given his great first 2 match's

Richmond had Baker,Stack,Ross..
A few years back all scored pretty well.
Meatball 3-4.
Cotch hammy say 3 weeks.

RCD onlty 5 or so weeks to mske enough cash.
Rcd will play in the grand final

Centre bounces attended = RCD

STFU luke Jackson is a goat. He was even in the coaches votes. You're witnessing the emergence of the best ruckman ever.
He's nearly as good as James Harmes

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

"After some quiet weeks in the senior side following his AFL debut, Josh Treacy returned to Peel and starred with five goals, eighteen disposals, eight marks and five tackles."

Based on his first 3 games of AFL, he'd be lucky to rack up these numbers for a full season of games at the top level. Has anyone promised so much and delivered so little when given his chance?

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

"After some quiet weeks in the senior side following his AFL debut, Josh Treacy returned to Peel and starred with five goals, eighteen disposals, eight marks and five tackles."

Based on his first 3 games of AFL, he'd be lucky to rack up these numbers for a full season of games at the top level. Has anyone promised so much and delivered so little when given his chance?

He's an 18 year old KPF. His numbers from his first 3 games aren't dissimilar and certainly aren't any worse than the vast majority of other 18 year old KPFs from their first 3 games.

treacy.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He's an 18 year old KPF. His numbers from his first 3 games aren't dissimilar and certainly aren't any worse than the vast majority of other 18 year old KPFs from their first 3 games.

View attachment 1118231

He's kicked 0,1 in 3 games. In the WAFL he seems to be kicking 5 or more every week. No one was expecting him to dominate but you would think with such a high output at the level beneath AFL he might have at least snagged 1 goal.

The one Freo game I watched he was dead set invisible. Think I saw him twice when he spilled a mark oob and an average looking handball. Then every time after the ball went inside 50 he was nowhere to be seen.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's kicked 0,1 in 3 games. In the WAFL he seems to be kicking 5 or more every week. No one was expecting him to dominate but you would think with such a high output at the level beneath AFL he might have at least snagged 1 goal.

The one Freo game I watched he was dead set invisible. Think I saw him twice when he spilled a mark oob and an average looking handball. Then every time after the ball went inside 50 he was nowhere to be seen.

Just going by the VFL numbers this year, there's a sizeable gap between the higher caliber AFL listed players and the rest at state league level at least. Just on the weekend Oliver Henry dominated, was BOG for Pies VFL team but completely useless at AFL level. One of their skinny uncapped KPF talls Tom Wilson had 30 possies and 9 marks. If he was to debut this week though, I wouldn't expect much better than 4 possies and 1 mark if he's lucky. The jump in standard is huge.

If you were genuinely expecting an eighteen year old KPF fresh out of the rookie draft to come in and have an instant impact at AFL level, that says more about your football knowledge than it does about Treacy.

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you were genuinely expecting an eighteen year old KPF fresh out of the rookie draft to come in and have an instant impact at AFL level, that says more about your football knowledge than it does about Treacy.

I was expecting a contribution. Any contribution. Of course I'm not expecting him to kick a bag. Everyone knows the step up is huge.

No need for the sledge about footy knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back