Preview 2021 Round 1: North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide @ Marvel Stadium | Sunday 21 March @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really curios to see how the forward line shapes up, there are a lot of players who can rotate through the forward pocket and half forward so it’s going to be interesting to see where players fit and who misses out.

Assuming Larkey plays FF and either Walker or X takes the other key forward position. We have 4 other forward roles plus say 2 bench spots.

There is going to be some seriously hot competition for those spots with all of the following suited to those positions: Zurhaar, Stephenson, Taylor, Garner, Mahony, Thomas, Turner, W.Walker, Bosenavulagi, Spicer, Lazzaro, Ford and to a lesser extent Hall & Scott (both will play midfield).

Sphynx

Senior List
Jul 10, 2011
Heatherton F.C
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really curios to see how the forward line shapes up, there are a lot of players who can rotate through the forward pocket and half forward so it’s going to be interesting to see where players fit and who misses out.

Assuming Larkey plays FF and either Walker or X takes the other key forward position. We have 4 other forward roles plus say 2 bench spots.

There is going to be some seriously hot competition for those spots with all of the following suited to those positions: Zurhaar, Stephenson, Taylor, Garner, Mahony, Thomas, Turner, W.Walker, Bosenavulagi, Spicer, Lazzaro, Ford and to a lesser extent Hall & Scott (both will play midfield).
Not sure Walker plays tbh. I think he might be more depth this year.

I think the backline will 100% be Tarrant, Corr, McKay.

I think it will be Larkey + a resting second ruck and the host of medium forwards.

wolvesRoos

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be interesting if they keep the roof open this year. hope they do as the Marval Covid safe plan says masks to be worn by all if the roof is shut.

Remove this Banner Ad