Game Day 2021 Round 1 - North v Port - OFFICIAL Game Day Thread (LMac out, Menadue in, Lazzaro sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on today, I would drop him.

Been one of the main offenders in turning it over.

There would still be 3-4 ahead of him.

It's no accident that Polec looked damaging when we were generating the ball from the contest.

Clearly we don't have the cattle nor the experience, but most disappointed in the intensity drop off since halfway through the 2nd quarter.

If we do get some late ones, it won't paper over what is right now, a very average list when depth is tested.

I reckon Butters stood in that posiiton for about 10 seconds and no one went to him. Our stoppage structure since quarter time has been really bad, also not helped by the fact that we're no longer winning the ball.

It's not that simple.

Port are a very experienced & well drilled midfield that work together to chop players out of the game.

We need Cunners & Jed back.
I disagree tbh. I've watched Paddy Cripps do it by himself at Carlton for years. They'd be 15 goals down and the bloke would still be getting 30 odd touches whilst no one else on his team would be getting near it. Same with Nat Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never recovered after that Corr non-call push. Dropped our heads and lost confidence and stopped working.

First touch from some of our smalls going forward has killed us, Turner's missed 2 or 3 simple handballs and Mahony, who's usually pretty clean, has fluffed a few. We won't go anywhere unless we clean that up. Might have been a different game if we'd capitalised early and got a 2 or 3 goal break.

First quarter was really good stuff. We're gonna have a few good moments this year with LDU, Stephenson, Jy etc. in the middle, there's some real firepower when it all goes well. I think we'll knock off a good side or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back