Trades 2021 Round 10 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaac Heeney (AF $481k SC $342k FWD)
@sydneyswans
coach John Longmire: "It changes from week to week. He's pulled up pretty well this week. He never does a lot early in the week. Hopefully he's able to train on Thursday." #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

Sounds like an old man!?!?!

Taking it week to week really doesn't sound good at all. But if he's named I'm probably taking him.

Sounds like an old man!?!?!

Taking it week to week really doesn't sound good at all. But if he's named I'm probably taking him.
I'd have thought he'd have a lower break even than 71.
At his price, former premo type, he's better than a rookie on field so an easy upgrade.
I just hope he can hang in there til his rd14 bye and make a small bit of cash. One early injury with that break even could prove very costly.

It’s either Warner to Dusty or ROB to Darcy for me. Big decision to make

as an Adelaide fan, what’s gone so wrong with ROB? Coming off 96 and 108 seasons and now a spud?
Definitely ROB to Darcy ......Dusty i don't like in Fantasy period, just no consistency till after his bye ....plus Warners ave is only 7 pts lower than Dusty

I could easily go Warner to Dusty ..Powell to Heeney, but whilst sounding good on paper, i don't think that's the play

As a Crow supporter, i'd drop ROB immediately ....that's how bad he is ...Tracy, injury prone, but worth the risk

ROB simply hasn't any competition for his spot .....his weapon is his marking, not rucking, but he's now **** at rucking and marking .....getting caught between contests, and when he does get to a contest, he's not going for marks with any real intent & vigour

Last edited:
Why are people dumping Ziebell? Sure, he hasn't gone 140+ the last 3 weeks but he's still one of the better forward options...have people got that many luxury trades? Or is it a bye structure issue?
Breakeven of 146 so will start decreasing in value. If you don’t think he’ll be a keeper than it makes sense to trade him now before he starts losing money. That and an unfavourable buy

***if you have no other forced trades

Why are people dumping Ziebell? Sure, he hasn't gone 140+ the last 3 weeks but he's still one of the better forward options...have people got that many luxury trades? Or is it a bye structure issue?

extra cash generated if you think he is likely to drop in price. You could pocket (guessing) 150k to Jelly and then upgrade Powell to someone at a similar price. So one rookie and a premium to two premiums

Trades this week ......I'm stuffed if I know

I know I want Kelly in for Powell ......it's the how that has me stumped

Also looked at my Bye structure for the first time .......OMG what an ugly sight, but fixable I hope
That's an easy one.

Powell, Farrar for Kelly, ROC.

Breakeven of 146 so will start decreasing in value. If you don’t think he’ll be a keeper than it makes sense to trade him now before he starts losing money
Who are the 6 forwards that will be better from this point?

I can see a couple but not six so you are getting rid of a top 6 for what exactly.

If your bye structure is ****ed and you need to offload a round 12 player i can see it otherwise nope.

Who are the 6 forwards that will be better from this point?

I can see a couple but not six so you are getting rid of a top 6 for what exactly.

If your bye structure is f’ed and you need to offload a round 12 player i can see it otherwise nope.

You’re spot on that the top 6 forwards are anybody’s guess and nobody is screaming pick me, but I’m not sure that matters. If I had Ziebell and even the sniff of a luxury trade I’d drop him down to a Josh Kelly (would even consider a Dusty or a Billings) purely as a cash grab. Sure there’s no guarantees they’ll be top 6 but even so you’re probably getting a player that will average similar to Ziebell but you’re making 150-200k in doing so. It’s a different way to make money than the traditional rookie up-down model but it’s equally as effective. Jump off Ziebell while he’s at his highest point, make a nice bit of cash for little/no drop in scoring. It’s the buy low sell high theory in action

You’re spot on that the top 6 forwards are anybody’s guess and nobody is screaming pick me, but I’m not sure that matters. If I had Ziebell and even the sniff of a luxury trade I’d drop him down to a Josh Kelly (would even consider a Dusty or a Billings) purely as a cash grab. Sure there’s no guarantees they’ll be top 6 but even so you’re probably getting a player that will average similar to Ziebell but you’re making 150-200k in doing so. It’s a different way to make money than the traditional rookie up-down model but it’s equally as effective. Jump off Ziebell while he’s at his highest point, make a nice bit of cash for little/no drop in scoring. It’s the buy low sell high theory in action
I can see the upside and if you have the luxury to do it. It may well work.
We all know you can't win if you don't risk something. E.g Me getting Tex at the right time (maybe 1 week late) and jumping of at the perfect time.

And by the way if you have the luxury to do it can i have your team lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see the upside and if you have the luxury to do it. It may well work.
We all know you can't win if you don't risk something. E.g Me getting Tex at the right time (maybe 1 week late) and jumping of at the perfect time.

And by the way if you have the luxury to do it can i have your team lol

Hahaha I said IF :drunk: I don’t even have Ziebell letalone anything resembling luxury in my team

Given I'm forced to give up Marshall instead of being able to do 1 up and 1 down as planned I would like to go Marshall and Powell to 2 fallen premos so I still gain a premo this week.

Who are the 2 to go for with $1.315 to spend. Already have Dusty/Jelly/Hall.

I can probably only go 1 per position. i.e. couldnt go Daniel/Ridley, could only get 1.

Given I'm forced to give up Marshall instead of being able to do 1 up and 1 down as planned I would like to go Marshall and Powell to 2 fallen premos so I still gain a premo this week.

Who are the 2 to go for with $1.315 to spend. Already have Dusty/Jelly/Hall.

I can probably only go 1 per position. i.e. couldnt go Daniel/Ridley, could only get 1.
Daniel & Fyfe?

Flynn I hope to field in R14 when the big rucks have their bye then cash in R15 - all depends on Almighty Leon!
This could be a rather important point.

I've held Flynn at R3 for this reason, as well as him still having plenty of cash to earn.

My current setup after this week's trades is:

15 Keepers
Jordon and RCD that can hang about for a while
6 rookies still earning growth
4 ready to be cashed out
3 spuds

The hope is to add four more keepers by the end of the byes, which would mean only one spot left on field, although at the current rate, Jordon is actually a keeper.

I've heard this a bit re Ziebell, but I'm not understanding ......if Ziebell is a keeper, which I think he is, why downgrade him when there's a paucity of FWD's .....moreover his DPP status is invaluable IMO

Don't mind the buy low sell high theory in DEF and MIDS this year ......just not the FWD's

There has been a subtle shift in Norths gameplan in the past few weeks and Hall seems more of a target for rebounding than Ziebell. Don't think Ziebell has that high ceiling with Hall in there.
Ziebell is more expensive than Merrett, Oliver and Tom Mitchell. Reckon those 3 will perform better from here out.

There has been a subtle shift in Norths gameplan in the past few weeks and Hall seems more of a target for rebounding than Ziebell. Don't think Ziebell has that high ceiling with Hall in there.
Ziebell is more expensive than Merrett, Oliver and Tom Mitchell. Reckon those 3 will perform better from here out.
Ziebell is the stay at home DEF General, in the Ridley mould .....Hall, the run & carry player in the Zilliams / Kade Simpson mould of HB

Think they both have a good fantasy role .....and most teams won't worry about tagging, or putting time into them, being a bottom side

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back