Trades 2021 Round 10 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on whether Berg survives this week?
I'd prefer to hold him over someone like Kosi, and plays the pies so should score decently.
In the mix had him surviving and the Port board hasn't mentioned him being a possible omission, rather being pushed to the wing or even forward (where he was initially drafted), we find out Friday before the first game anyways (I think)

Carlton supporters got any thoughts on Stocker and his JS up until and through the byes? Looked like he got more mid time last week?

Carlton supporters got any thoughts on Stocker and his JS up until and through the byes? Looked like he got more mid time last week?

Yeah definitely played more mid time on the weekend, and he should stay in for a while, but more midtime probably means if he has a few bad games in a row there will be players like Dow in the VFL who'll be an easy swap for his spot.

In the mix had him surviving and the Port board hasn't mentioned him being a possible omission, rather being pushed to the wing or even forward (where he was initially drafted), we find out Friday before the first game anyways (I think)
Reassuring according to in the mix then.
Had a glance at the port board and they seem to be more worried about their jumper than changes :tearsofjoy:

I must admit, I don't see the point in people holding 400k+ in the bank for the next week. Just get the premium last week? All the true experts say you must always be improving your field and leaving 400k in the bank is an extra 40+ points that you won't have at the end of the season. That could be the difference between a hat or a car and nothing.

And don't give me the "I needed a particularly rookie last week" schtick. In this game, the play is to be grabbing value premiums, so they quite often will go up by as much as a one or two game rookie. Take Collier Dawkins who went up 58K last week, Aaron Hall went up 41k in the same week and scored 15 points more. You're holding 400k and missing out on an extra 20 points (could have been more but RCD was very good) to save 17k? It doesn't make sense. Don't do it.

Also, and I'm not accusing any on here of doing it. But the Facebook Fantasy pages are rife with blokes banking 500k+ and posting their trades the next week of John Patton and Finlay Macrae to Jack Macrae and Jack Steele and going "aRe tHEsE go0d TrAdEz?". It's not the flex those people think it is.

Last edited:
I must admit, I don't see the point in people holding 400k+ in the bank for the next week. Just get the premium last week? All the true experts say you must always be improving your field and leaving 400k in the bank is an extra 40+ points that you won't have at the end of the season. That could be the difference between a hat or a car and nothing.

And don't give me the "I needed a particularly rookie last week" schtick. In this game, the play is to be grabbing value premiums, so they quite often will go up by as much as a one or two game rookie. Take Collier Dawkins who went up 58K last week, Aaron Hall went up 41k in the same week and scored 15 points more. You're holding 400k and missing out on an extra 20 points (could have been more by RCD was very good) to save 17k? It doesn't make sense. Don't do it.

Also, and I'm not accusing any on here of doing it. But the Facebook Fantasy pages are rife with blokes banking 500k+ and posting their trades the next week of John Patton and Finlay Macrae to Jack Macrae and Jack Steele and going "aRe tHEsE go0d TrAdEz?". It's not the flex those people think it is.
I made the mistake of doing a double downgrade so I could get Bergman and Fin Macrae. Although I didn't do it to bank $500k lol. My alternative was Tex to Ziebell but thought I had to grab Macrae then or never. Macrae scored 26 and went up $4k. Ziebell scored 170 and went up $64k

And don't give me the "I needed a particularly rookie last week" schtick. In this game, the play is to be grabbing value premiums, so they quite often will go up by as much as a one or two game rookie. Take Collier Dawkins who went up 58K last week, Aaron Hall went up 41k in the same week and scored 15 points more. You're holding 400k and missing out on an extra 20 points (could have been more by RCD was very good) to save 17k? It doesn't make sense. Don't do it.

Great example above. I think people forget they have to pay more for the premo the following week.

The only reason to do it would be a double downgrade if the two rookies both have huge -ve BEs, say both around -20 and your chosen premo is closeto his BE, or has an unfavourable match up.

Alternatively, if you don't quite have the $ to get to your chosen premo, it's a valid play IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it too late to jump on Ward, I could get him + Dusty for Powell and Warner

I think Ward is still good to get, great POD atm, and with no COGS, and now Toby, his leadership will be profound. You know if they are fit, they play. Not going to be "managed" as will happen with the other two (see Gulden and the other guy). Both carry injuries is only risk, but they carry what keeps others out!

Last edited:

Agree in principle, but there are exceptions and you have to take each case on its merits. That said, the byes and three trades are the best of times not to have money 'banked'. Anything up to $100k sits OK in bank with me, though even that's rare if you do enough research on possibilities.

Last edited:
Might grab him straight up if you think he might survive a few weeks?

Don't do it mate - watch the first week - most of the money is in the second/third week if he's any good. For bye structure maybe, but I have O'Connor because of structure and he may not even get there now. Went up $17k - achieves the same score again probs goes up $25-30k. Doesn't play, lost nothing really but $17k and angst if you didn't get him.

Don't do it mate - watch the first week - most of the money is in the second/third week if he's any good. For bye structure maybe, but I have O'Connor because of structure and he may not even get there now. Went up $17k - achieves the same score again probs goes up $25-30k. Doesn't play, lost nothing really but $17k and angst if you didn't get him.
Poulter is the other option and he seems pricey.

Western I can dump Bryan for and get Marshall to Gawn or premo mid

And still with 300k in the bank with rank scribbled out and a whole comment section gushing over how good the trades are :tearsofjoy:

Poulter is the other option and he seems pricey.

Western I can dump Bryan for and get Marshall to Gawn or premo mid

MMMmmm, every plan has an exception I suppose - just hope you are not needing to dump Western next. What if Bryan comes in - he was great in the VFL on the weekend.....?

Are we all just holding Macrae for him to come back in score another 30, be dropped and then we dump him?

Like why am I still holding him? Not even a good loop option if he's named sub.

I made the mistake of doing a double downgrade so I could get Bergman and Fin Macrae. Although I didn't do it to bank $500k lol. My alternative was Tex to Ziebell but thought I had to grab Macrae then or never. Macrae scored 26 and went up $4k. Ziebell scored 170 and went up $64k
Great example mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back