Opinion 2021 Round 18 - Liked, Learnt, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked - Gold Coast MAYBE looking like it is a real step forward not a fake one (yes I know they lost but again they were reasonably good)

learned - Geelong will enhance its chances if it can somehow make it rain during the finals. We are at best ‘in the mix’ in normal weather. If think when it rains we are a lot better

hated - having to support the hawks. It hurt me. But I bit the bullet and did it

Liked - Stopping the play for injuries in the Carl Coll game after what happened to Dusty on Friday, showed serious care for the players

Learned - Buddy has a few years left, in sublime form. Maybe the best to ever do it.

Hated - Dusty’s injury. Never do we want to see players with injuries like this, especially the greats.

Bonus:
LOVED seeing JSOS take a hanger and roll out a barrel for a goal assist in a game dedicated to the late, great Sergio. Massive for Italians in Footy was Sergio. Famous name and Jack is carrying it well.

Loved JUH who showed why he will be a future star when he has a big pre season and some experience. Naughton, JUH with star studded midfield happy days. Not to mention Sam Darcy.

Loved JSOS and the general homage to the Silvagni name.

Hated seeing dusty get injured

Learned Walsh is unequivocally better than all in his class Inc Bailey Smith. (also his heatmap is a hoot)

Liked - putting a dent in the lions top 4 chances while keeping our season alive. Such a gutsy special win.

Learnt - We still have a pulse, it’s not going to be our year as far as winning the flag however we might be able to still make the 8 and cause some damage, if we do make it, no one will relish playing us even without Dusty.

Hated - More injuries. Must have run over a few black cats coming out of punt rd this year as can’t take a trick. Losing dusty though is the final nail in the coffin, hate to see any player have a serious injury such as kidney damage especially the special ones.

Liked: Best Cats performance of the year, Bradley Close

Learned: The resourcefulness of the AFL is first class, but the Geelong game should not be at the MCG? This round will look very different to what is scheduled..

Hated: Dusty kidney injury, Covid chaos at Metricon

Last edited:
I learnt that West Coast has redone their song

But most impressively, they took the worst song in the league and made it consideribly worse.

Liked - Cats Plan B - without Cameron and Rohan, use of the small forwards worked to perfection against Fremantle
Learnt - During Lockdown playing (and winning) on Thursday night is an eternity ago.
Hated - What else could it be - COVID

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved JSOS and the general homage to the Silvagni name.

Hated seeing dusty get injured

Learned Walsh is unequivocally better than all in his class Inc Bailey Smith. (also his heatmap is a hoot)
My old man worked with GFoJSOS post footy career.
Only had nice things to say about him.

RIP Serg.

Liked: Geelong, another Draw, WC Eagles, GWS/Swans. Walsh, Mitchell & Steele

Learnt: Tipping still majorly hard

Dislike: Covid scuttles fixtures some more :oops:
Close losses...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back