Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
‘I’m not sure if I’m allowed to really say too much’: Neale reveals concerning back scan

Reigning Brownlow medallist Lachie Neale has revealed a scan on his back during the week returned “not a great result” but will not use it as an excuse for any drop in form.

Speaking after his Brisbane Lions opened their 2021 account with a one-point win over Collingwood at Marvel Stadium courtesy of a goal after the siren from Zac Bailey, Neale said he was “battling a fair bit” with his body early in the season.

Asked about the matter on Thursday, the club’s official position was that Neale did not have a fracture in his back. Neale would not confirm the specifics of his injury, but nor did he suggest that it wasn’t significant.

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
‘I’m not sure if I’m allowed to really say too much’: Neale reveals concerning back scan

Reigning Brownlow medallist Lachie Neale has revealed a scan on his back during the week returned “not a great result” but will not use it as an excuse for any drop in form.

Speaking after his Brisbane Lions opened their 2021 account with a one-point win over Collingwood at Marvel Stadium courtesy of a goal after the siren from Zac Bailey, Neale said he was “battling a fair bit” with his body early in the season.

Asked about the matter on Thursday, the club’s official position was that Neale did not have a fracture in his back. Neale would not confirm the specifics of his injury, but nor did he suggest that it wasn’t significant.

Interesting. I probably won't go there (Neale) knowing this.
With regular game time and season length returning, a back injury won't do him any favours down the track. It'll be a long season.
Plus side, half his games will be in QLD "warmth" so that should help.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018

He wouldn't want to keep playing, or the injury will get exponentially worse, and he could be out at the pointy end when it really counts.

Definitely not someone anyone should bring in, given he'll cop attention, and could be dropped at any stage if the pain gets too much/he exacerbates the injury even more.

At the very least, he won't be 100%, and you won't be able to have any assuredness over his output - as long as the injury persists

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
He wouldn't want to keep playing, or the injury will get exponentially worse, and he could be out at the pointy end when it really counts. Definitely not someone anyone should bring in, given he'll cop attention, and could be dropped at any stage if the pain gets too much/he exacerbates the injury even more
With Neale ....something in his body seized up at HT ....only explanation for his 2nd half performance

I mean only 4 possessions in the 2nd half !

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Saw Mark O'Connor in the mirror during the half time break, and was convinced he was being tagged again!
Can't believe how loose COLL were with Neale .....if Neale's fit, he goes troppo against COLL

COLL dominated that game .....if you didn't know the score, you'd say an easy win to COLL

Not good in a Contract Year for Bucks

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
Can't believe how loose COLL were with Neale .....if Neale's fit, he goes troppo against COLL

COLL dominated that game .....if you didn't know the score, you'd say an easy win to COLL

Not good in a Contract Year for Bucks
It was odd wasn't it? Especially given how they brought Mayne in (who I thought was gonna tag), who did 2/10th's of f*ck all, loll

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
It was odd wasn't it? Especially given how they brought Mayne in (who I thought was gonna tag), who did 2/10th's of f*ck all, loll
There was a moment Neale got a mark on the FWD 50 line .....not a COLL player within 15 mtrs of him ...unforgiveable

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
Locking in my trades now, barring any carnage/team changes next week:

Salvos Dusty (f*ck Kmart, that's even too good for him), > Robertson
Sharp > W. Phillips (Powell to bench)

350K or so remaining :)

bluelad

Team Captain
May 7, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

I'll be doing very similar trades i think!

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018

After Phillips' awful showing, Highmore being omitted and Witts going down giving Burgess an opening as starting ruck, gotta go a double down again, in order to patch some things up:

Salvos Dusty > Robertson (stays the same)
Sharp > Burgess (via Scott mid/Briggs fwd)

Should be around 350K or so remaining I'd say

Last edited:

Rise_up_Stiffy

Premiership Player
Sep 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My issues so far are Heppell, DeGeoy, McEvoy, Highmore and whatever carnage gets thrown up.

I have $464k so I downgrade and one upgrade seems reasonable.

I have Robertson, so I'll wait to see any other rookies rear their heads up. Philips was meh, I've missed the boat on Campbell.

Not sure of the ins at this stage, but will continue to play the BE game.

Going to be all about the rookies for me this week. Robertson and Burgess will come in, while a couple of non playing ones (likely Hunter and Bergman/Highmore) will go out.

Keen to keep the cash gen ticking over so I’m all set up for some of these fallen premos in a couple of weeks

Lukesera

Senior List
Apr 12, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Just looking ahead, and spitballing here, Bergman > DevRob and Drew/Clark > Tex. Ride Tex and his price rise for a week Vs North then the following week trade Tex > Danger Vs North.

Waste of a trade?

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Any defensive rooks look like debuting next week? Should I just take Parks now and dump highmore next week?

Worried of Parks JS but defensive rooks are thin

EDIT: I could take Waterman this week but it doesn't make sense If i'm bringing in Robertson next week IMO so would prefer a Defensive Rook this week

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Any defensive rooks look like debuting next week? Should I just take Parks now and dump highmore next week?

Worried of Parks JS but defensive rooks are thin

EDIT: I could take Waterman this week but it doesn't make sense If i'm bringing in Robertson next week IMO so would prefer a Defensive Rook this week
Burgess

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fortunately my trades for next round look relatively straightforward- Robertson and Burgess are rookies that really should come in asap... Even though I'd love to grab Hind or Grundy.
Sharp, Highmore, Dow and Bergman in the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back