Trades 2021 Round 4 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So either I field a donut, or Serong to Marshall.

I just can't make it to Grundy without trading a 'premo' without trading someone worth 650k.

With Sloane out I can trade in anyone but have so many holes to fill. I'd like to take a chance on Tex with the Roos this week and a BE of -9

But it means playing Meek and that could almost be a donut even if he does hold his spot with Treacy a confirmed in. If he does I'd take a 40 but I'm just not convinced he'll get it.

Which makes me think the smart play is just trade Gawn in (had Grundy since round 1) and worry about the rest of this mess next week.

So either I field a donut, or Serong to Marshall.

I just can't make it to Grundy without trading a 'premo' without trading someone worth 650k.
Oh great, I have Bergman now locked at utl so can't even do this as I have Hunter, Flynn and Max.

Oh well, 🍩 it is.

Zac Williams owners, what’s the plan? It sounds like he’ll be back next week, so I’m inclined to hold him. Blues play on Saturday next week, so either way we’ll know nice and early.

Zac Williams owners, what’s the plan? It sounds like he’ll be back next week, so I’m inclined to hold him. Blues play on Saturday next week, so either way we’ll know nice and early.

Holding. Hopefully repays the faith next week.

Ended up young to treacy and witts to Grundy. If meek misses, which I’m 99% sure he will, donut in the ruck. But wasn’t a lot I could do that would help long term. Rather just a week of pain than non stop patch ups. Was just too much carnage over the last couple weeks

Hahahaha, HUGE mistake on my part. Put the E on Berg AND played him in the utility position, so I can't even shift anyone else in there now - meaning I don't have enough cash to get Meek up to someone - and I'm certainly not trading Flynn out.

Simple equation - if Meek doesn't play, a donut awaits :)

Oh great, I have Bergman now locked at utl so can't even do this as I have Hunter, Flynn and Max.

Oh well, 🍩 it is.
Hahahaha, HUGE mistake on my part. Put the E on Berg AND played him in the utility position, so I can't even shift anyone else in there now - meaning I don't have enough cash to get Meek up to someone - and I'm certainly not trading Flynn out.

Simple equation - if Meek doesn't play, a donut awaits :)
makes me feel better when I jet has the same issue as me haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah hate to say it, but he's definitely gone next week. Same thing with Sharp on my bench from Round 1...it's now Round 4...
With how the teams dropped, I was forced into trading in a 170k player (in order to get Witts up to Max). Martyn seemed the best on offer. Oh well....

With how the teams dropped, I was forced into trading in a 170k player (in order to get Witts up to Max). Martyn seemed the best on offer. Oh well....

As annoying as it will be burning a trade, having Gawndy for the rest of the season will more than make up for that slight annoyance - guaranteed ;)

Yeah hate to say it, but he's definitely gone next week. Same thing with Sharp on my bench from Round 1...it's now Round 4...
I've still got Sharp too.
Think it was a case of needing a $170k rookie round 1 and he was named, so the original selection had merit, but making stuff all out of the trade out doesn't help much.
Plus side, he's named in the emergencies this week.

Young to L.Jones trade went ok tonight.
Rozee still not right which is why we all jumped off anyway. Gone next week as I'll move Orazio fwd and upgrade Rozee to best defender I can get.

I've still got Sharp too.
Think it was a case of needing a $170k rookie round 1 and he was named, so the original selection had merit, but making stuff all out of the trade out doesn't help much.
Plus side, he's named in the emergencies this week.

Young to L.Jones trade went ok tonight.
Rozee still not right which is why we all jumped off anyway. Gone next week as I'll move Orazio fwd and upgrade Rozee to best defender I can get.

I've at least FINALLY gotten him out of my team this week - which was always the plan, but carnage nearly forced me to do otherwise.

Better I think to keep turning over rookies that look good, rather than bringing in sideways trades all season long. Reckon I'll get Jones next week, giving me a very solid bench moving forward :)

After all the injury carnage and BS that's happened this far, I've ended up just calming down, letting what will be, be, and doing my two original trades anyway.

Have also traded in such a way that allows me to see Robertson's score before taking it, and having my loophole in place as a result too (took me ages to figure this out due to making the serious mistake of having Bergman in the utility position and not swapping him into the forward line when he didn't play -, but really happy once I did):

So, to start with - Coniglio > Dev Robertson (via Tom Phillips to the mids, and then Robertson to the bench with the E on him - Rowe on field)

Next, Sharp > Burgess (via Scott to the midfield bench, Briggs to the forward bench and Burgess on field with Idun coming to the bench due to the weather)

So basically, Rowe is on field right now, while Briggs who won't play sits on the bench. If Robertson has a score over 60, I flick Briggs on field and take his score. If he scores under that, I keep Rowe where he is - as he's up against North and their defence who give up goals at will -, and then flick Flynn on to the field if I want to use the loophole, with E coming off Idun onto Meek; once I know Clark is playing. Briggs going up forward also gives me maximum flexbility too with the injury cloud over Fanta.

This is what it looks like (some things are out of order - I'M SORRY TedDougChris but players are locked and there's just nothing I can do, so avert your eyes :p ):

1617985699432.png

Phew, absolute nightmare to figure out the best way to utilize my trades this week, but finally got there with the least risky option. If Meek doesn't play, he doesn't play.

Most of the Top 100 are pretty much in the same boat anyway, so it's not worth compromising my team/not getting out an injured high priced player in Cogs and a dud rook like Sharp out of my team, just so I can try to get out of a possible donut.

Leaves me with 422K for next week, for either a double upgrade or a down/up - depending on rookies named.

:)

Last edited:
Ended up young to treacy and witts to Grundy. If meek misses, which I’m 99% sure he will, donut in the ruck. But wasn’t a lot I could do that would help long term. Rather just a week of pain than non stop patch ups. Was just too much carnage over the last couple weeks
Surely if you bring Treacy in you can sit him at utility to cover for Meek in the ruck?

Ok, let’s talk Flynn. Is it the dumbest idea ever to trade him out now for Grundy? Sure he isn’t fully fattened, but if I’ve got the cash I’m going to do it anyway. Plus I’ve got all these rooks going ham like gulden and Warner, surely cash gen is massive this season

Did the exact same. Except I started him on field...

Pretty certain he gets dropped but maybe Dimma gives him another week, who knows. If he's dropped and I have no other issues I'll try and punt him off straight away

Ok, let’s talk Flynn. Is it the dumbest idea ever to trade him out now for Grundy? Sure he isn’t fully fattened, but if I’ve got the cash I’m going to do it anyway. Plus I’ve got all these rooks going ham like gulden and Warner, surely cash gen is massive this season

There is a balance here - but it's not completely nuts. You'll want to start culling some rookies soon, otherwise you'll never be actually improving your side.

it's just a matter of timing. With only a couple of trades per week, you cannot cull them all in one week.

If Horse decides to rest: Wicks, Warner, Campbell, Gulden etc - I'm completely screwed, so I'll need to gradually start trading them out in coming weeks - obviously trying to keep the best of them for as long as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back