Trades 2021 Round 5 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could get a premo (Titch/Ridley) and a rookie like Cox/Jones (and have cash leftover) instead but I reckon Jiath goes up in price the next 2 weeks just as much as the rookie would. So I may as well invest the cash I have right now in a safer scorer right? Someone capable of tonning up which is huge as a defender

My issue is with those unknown mid pricers if they fail we need to move them on quick. And it's pretty tough to find time to make that move.
You don't have too much desdweight in that price range so I think you're probably in as good a place as any to take one on.

Versus my position where I already have Markov, sholl, Clark, Steph, drew, fantasia, degoey... I simply can't entertain any more. I'm in clean up mode. Rookies and premos only while I take out the trash.

ROB definitely looks to have bottomed out. Was everywhere today. Looks as if he’s finally worked out the new rules. Was tackling, taking marks, getting the pill. People will say just go Max, but ROB is 200k less. Huge value. Late last year ROB was matching the big 2 and he’s still on an upward trajectory in his career. Could average 110 from here
Having 4 weeks so far of ROB, ROB, Witts, Grundy.. if ROB returns to what he was doing last year now - i think that might finally do me in

If I go Young down to Jones, I can afford someone around Bowes price for Butters (Fantasia DPP). Do we see him as a top 6 defender? Jones would be on my bench in this scenario.

This scenario I could get ROB too. However, feel like I should really be targeting Gawn in the not too distant future.

If I go Drew down to Jones, I can afford Titchell for Butters but have no defensive cover unless Highmore/Kozi play.

Also alternative rooks to Jones would be appreciated.

Quick play around via the app has me at
Fanta > Jones
Campbell > Titch
Pending what happens with Flynn this week, have enough to go Meek to ROB
the good news is that we should know about Flynn on Friday night, just in time to upgrade to Grundy.

Serong an issue but a decent fixture for next fortnight so may hold and hope for a ton in one of those games.
I thought the same this week -> He's too valuable to not trade at this point.

Serong + Clark to Jones + anyone (Grundy, Treloar, Titch, Zerrett)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue is with those unknown mid pricers if they fail we need to move them on quick. And it's pretty tough to find time to make that move.
You don't have too much desdweight in that price range so I think you're probably in as good a place as any to take one on.

Versus my position where I already have Markov, sholl, Clark, Steph, drew, fantasia, degoey... I simply can't entertain any more. I'm in clean up mode. Rookies and premos only while I take out the trash.
I think the mid-priced madness was quite good the first 2weeks, but we have seen over the last couple of premos starting to produce premo scores. Not just in the rucks with ROB, Grundy and Max, but all across the ground (e.g. Stewart, Treloar, Taranto, Lloyd). Pedrhpas they have started out how to capitalise on the new rules.

I'm now transitioning to G'n'R approach, trading in 6 mid pricers over the next 3 weeks for 3 premos (well, that's the plan anyway!)

I think the mid-priced madness was quite good the first 2weeks, but we have seen over the last couple of premos starting to produce premo scores. Not just in the rucks with ROB, Grundy and Max, but all across the ground (e.g. Stewart, Treloar, Taranto, Lloyd). Pedrhpas they have started out how to capitalise on the new rules.

I'm now transitioning to G'n'R approach, trading in 6 mid pricers over the next 3 weeks for 3 premos (well, that's the plan anyway!)

Yeah I think looking back it was still the right play to go mid-pricey to start, but from here I think it's all guns n rooks now. Or we'll be caught with way too many mid pricers in our sides.

Unfortunately I have to deal with the Butters injury which messes with my plans.

Thinking it may be time to jump on Neale as he’s just about bottomed out. BE still 133 but coming up against the bombers this week that becomes realistic.

Butters for Neale should bet me some extra 20+ points per week

Not so sure on Neale, that whole back injury really does seem to be holding him back. I don't think he'll be that uber premo he was last year. He might even miss the odd game just to get through the year.

EDIT: I'll probably still get him at some point as he'll get too cheap to ignore. But I don't think thats happened just yet.

Yeah I think looking back it was still the right play to go mid-pricey to start, but from here I think it's all guns n rooks now. Or we'll be caught with way too many mid pricers in our sides.

I think we all went overboard with the mid-pricers. Hind - Yes. Wicks - Yes. Markov - Yes. Orazio - perhaps. Clark - nope. Even Phillips hasn't been great.... Rowell (in hindsight) didn't work either, nor did the switch to Stephenson (another mid pricer) - although Tex would have been the better call there.

Would have been better served with Cumming, Young, Jiath from the get go.

I think we also went too deep on the ruck bench - Meek and Flynn was overkill in R3 and Util. Util is now a dead spot I cannot get rid of....

So is Marshall out again this week? Do we think Ryder come in or would Hunter get another week?

A few top-tier premiums will be ripe for the picking this week (Mitchell, Lloyd, Treloar, Crouch, Neale, etc.) The fixture is a bit of a nightmare though, so I think I'll have to hold my trades, patch up a dropped rookie and hope I can snag Titch, who plays on the Sunday.

While there's heaps of value in midpricers (Tex, Sholl, Ash, CJ and Cumming, to name a few), I feel like with this level of rookie carnage, the best strategy will be to preserve your trades and go strictly guns n' rookies, at least until the byes.

Do DPPs come into effect at the beginning of round six, or after?
I think it's the start of round 6, but don't take it to the bank because it might bounce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back