Not open for further replies.

DemonLord

Senior List
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Looking forward to this one.

Congratulations Nathan Brown on 300 games a stellar career.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-28-at-3.58.41-pm.png

Nathan Brown ? - I think Jonesy at least deserves to get his name correct.

Still think you guys are the team to beat. I just think we will put up more of a fight than the Saints did.

DL.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Looks like they’re treating this as a final if they’re bringing May back after announcing he’d be gone for a while. Tbh, I don’t really see it as a bad thing for them because a 6-0 start beating the reigning Premiers is going to be a huge confidence-booster in my opinion. However, this may (pun intended) also be a good thing for Richmond. Well, at least in the long run because it may impact our H&A season negatively if he’s good on the night.

May playing will open up their playbook to Richmond and will give us some good information to work with like their style of play, how they like to set up in defence etc. in case we meet in a final.

It’s how we defeated Adelaide in 2017, GWS and Geelong in 2019, and Port Adelaide and St Kilda in 2020 after getting smacked in the H&A season by basically all of them. They all told Richmond exactly how they liked to play and we worked on countering them accordingly.

Therefore, we need them to be as close to full strength and playing the level and style they would play in finals even if we end up losing this week because of it. We’re not at our regular end-of-the-season form right now and they look like a potential top 4 side so I see a lot of benefits to May’s inclusion. Well, as long as he is not rushed in and is actually fit to play.

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like they’re treating this as a final if they’re bringing May back after announcing he’d be gone for a while. Tbh, I don’t really see it as a bad thing for them because a 6-0 start beating the reigning Premiers is going to be a huge confidence-booster in my opinion. However, this may (pun intended) also be a good thing for Richmond. Well, at least in the long run because it may impact our H&A season negatively if he’s good on the night.

May playing will open up their playbook to Richmond and will give us some good information to work with like their style of play, how they like to set up in defence etc. in case we meet in a final.

It’s how we defeated Adelaide in 2017, GWS and Geelong in 2019, and Port Adelaide and St Kilda in 2020 after getting smacked in the H&A season by basically all of them. They all told Richmond exactly how they liked to play and we worked on countering them accordingly.

Therefore, we need them to be as close to full strength and playing the level and style they would play in finals even if we end up losing this week because of it. We’re not at our regular end-of-the-season form right now and they look like a potential top 4 side so I see a lot of benefits to May’s inclusion. Well, as long as he is not rushed in and is actually fit to play.

I agree that it's important to see the strategies teams employ to combat us. I also think its important to knock down potential rivals too. For me, I'd like to see them throw everything at us only for our relentless game style to roll over them in the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burning bright

Senior List
May 28, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
The Demons on radio are something to behold

One shemon was indignant that people are even questioning the veracity of Melbourne being a genuine contender and its subsequent 5 zip start

he then went into detailed explanation how they have 7 unquestionable elite players:rolleyes:

that is right 7 bonafides elite players the shemons believe they hold within their tartarus of a football team.

So out of the pits of demonic hell and checking back into reality

no matter how you look at it you cannot get 7 out of one Gawn.

but one thing is certain when the mighty Tiger's pressure descends on the hapless elite shemons.....they will be gawn

eat em alive tigers

Nathan Brown ? - I think Jonesy at least deserves to get his name correct.

Still think you guys are the team to beat. I just think we will put up more of a fight than the Saints did.

DL.
In my defence it was late and I was drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back