Trades 2021 Round 8 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasia to Hall
Or
Webster to Harmes?

Feel like 2 is more of a rookie to mid pricer which is maybe better than mid price to mid price which is the first option

Everyones on Hall so I guess follow suit?

Harmes is temping though. Might pay to see one score from him on his return. it'd be a disaster if he posts a 50 and you need to trade him back out.

If he can hit 75-85 he might be a good short term pickup till his rnd 14 bye.

Its not sexy but I think you'll need to spend at least the next 2x weeks only targeting rookie fixups. At the very least 3 or your next 4 should be rookie fixups.

I would hold Serong.

Your biggest issue is you have no depth on the bench and that needs fixing asap. You have valid concern for Macrae, I agree he could get dropped this week.

Second issue and still a high priority will be your R2 spot. But for now I think you can run Campbell there and hope Flynn returns in the next couple of weeks to buy you a little more time. Bryan probably doesnt change much so I think skip him and target rookies in other positions for now.

On the plus side, Your donut rookies have potential to come back. Treacy, Brockman are a good chance. Martyn is an outside chance. Downie/Gould will debut eventually so I think you'll just have to hold those 2 long term till they play.

I would suggest:

Trade1) Rowe -> Riley Collier Dawkins by swinging Brockman forward. Rowe is going to get dropped soon, likely this week. And has peaked.
Trade 2) Fanta -> Byrnes. By swinging Cox to your backline, and sidebottom to your forwardline.

Play RCD and Byrnes on field.

Those moves will nett you almost $500k for next week to fix your R2 dilemma. (Campbell or Flynn -> Grundy). Plus another rookie fixup.

Thanks for that mate. Certainly agree that r2 and my rooks need serious fixing. Original plan was to double down grade for next two weeks but the Mummy show has ruined the Flynn cash in after more price rises. Would be lying if I said Byrnes future job security doesn’t worry me though haha. Also pretty done with Serong. Has not done well against good contested sides and gets low time on ground. Had a jig around with the DPP action and have managed to get Grundy in. Theres my rucks sorted and I will deal with my rooks next week. Interested on your thoughts.

Captue.PNG

Will also note the above is pre me fixing up the captain and emergency situation lol.

Titch is my current M4, Hind is my current F2. Craziest year I can remember. I aint mentioning Tex and Zee bull. OK I mentioned them. ANyway Kelly in for new F1. I now dont care what happens. Keeping Clark to see if he does anything. Jiath and Rowe out for Jelly and RCD. Jiath more than done his job. I am now basically just praying for rookies down the line. SHould be fine. Should be fine.

Last edited:

Kind of stuck between the Kelly v Hall debate. Have been leaning Hall this week because of his match up against Pies. But it does impact my bench options.

As it stands I could go:

1) Flynn + Campbell for Hall and RCD.

2) Phillips + Rowe for Kelly and RCD.

So with 1I'm getting rid of a rookie, for a mid-pricer that could go huge + I get Farrar onto my bench and RCD onto the ground. WIth 2 I'm getting rid of a mid pricer for an uber premium. RCD would probably come on field for one of Farrar/Campbell.

I guess Flynn and, to a lesser extent, Campbell potentially still have some meat on their bones. I'm curious to get another look at Campbell post rest. What do you guys think?

Team attached in case there's something I'm obviously missing eg. Fantasia to Daniel?

1620117514080.png

Small sample but he’s got 99,123, 143 and 35 in what I think was approx a quarter. He’s certainly showing he’s capable. I don’t think he will physically last the season though so he will need to be traded I’d imagine.
Do we essentially want to lock in another trade later on though? Can get Caleb Daniel for the same price who will likely get you a 90-95 average and is durable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we essentially want to lock in another trade later on though? Can get Caleb Daniel for the same price who will likely get you a 90-95 average and is durable
If Daniel was a forward I would. 🤣

As a defender I’d like to see one more week. Don’t trust a score against us with the way we defend space rather than tag. He had a pretty easy gig. Other sides I think will tag him.

Ridley is the next defender I want tbh.

jelly/hall fixes my forward line before blokes start bleeding cash.

having said that I’ll probably end up Gawn/RCD because none of my crap rucks end up playing. 😂

I guess if they revert to Thursday night teams it will likely come with full lockouts on Friday night and no loop-dee-doops
except for Thursday nighters.

I think Warnie from the Traders said it was unlikely that they could change the playing conditions of the comp to bring in full lockouts this season.

Thanks for that mate. Certainly agree that r2 and my rooks need serious fixing. Original plan was to double down grade for next two weeks but the Mummy show has ruined the Flynn cash in after more price rises. Would be lying if I said Byrnes future job security doesn’t worry me though haha. Also pretty done with Serong. Has not done well against good contested sides and gets low time on ground. Had a jig around with the DPP action and have managed to get Grundy in. Theres my rucks sorted and I will deal with my rooks next week. Interested on your thoughts.

View attachment 1118599

Will also note the above is pre me fixing up the captain and emergency situation lol.

I like it. Good moves.
Hopefully Brockman is back and you can use him as a swingman for mid/fwd emergency if a donut emerges at some point.

Then go for the double rookie fix next week.

Chapman out and my bench is full of potato's, had 2 playing on my bench last week including Flynn.

Do I bite the bullet now and go chapman to RCD and Flynn to hall?
Or do I go go warner to hall, Brockman to RCD? And trade chapman next week? 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back