Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Talk about a tantrum.

I, like tens of thousands of Fantasy players, tipsters and fans fail to understand why the Geelong match committee feel the need to set itself apart from what everyone else is able to manage. Indeed, Port have gone the complete opposite with no ill effects.

" and asked you to not bring main board mindset onto this board"

I was only responding to your defence of Geelong when others on here voiced their disappointment at the Cats' continual selection behaviour. You, a Geelong supporter, felt the need to jump in and defend the indefensible. Or, to put it another way: brought a "main board mindset onto this board".

Also on that, who are you to tell anyone what they can and can't bring to this board? I don't remember hearing that you are a moderator. I'm sure if i step over any boundaries someone with authority will let me know.

This is a Fantasy board; team selection is especially relevant and if, it, along with anything else that is relevant pops up I have the right to discuss it. Just because it hurts the sensibilities of a person who can't separate their club from AFL Fantasy on a Fantasy forum is not a concern for me.

"...why does Scott and the Geelong selection team owe you or anybody else an explanation for their selection decisions"

Don't remember asking for an explanation. Don't remember asking for anything. Just made my displeasure known. Which, by the way, a lot of people did re: Thursday night teams. Look what happened.

"I'm sorry that I won't accept you insulting me and Gunf as supporters"

The closest I got to insulting you, was referring to you both as "Geelong apologists". Given, that you were doing exactly that, I would say it was accurate but it's up to you if you see it as an insult.

Speaking of insults: "but f*ck you're a dickhead, and you have form too" . I don't remember going for personal insults, but speaking of "having form" you seem to regularly have no hesitation.

"For the record, your own coach stated how humble he was by coming into the coaches box and acknowledging you guys were the better team on GF day."

Not sure what this has to do with team selection. That's all I'm talking about.

"Join danster on my ignore list, I'm so tired of this divisive sh*t on this board"

I remember saying to you when he was baiting you: why do you allow yourself to be trolled by him? Why can't you ignore it instead of getting so wound up. But I can see that that is impossible. There's too much of a short fuse there.

As far as divisive goes: I don't see a divided board. Most people agree that Scott and co. are taking the piss and disrespecting everyone. Warnie called Scott a flog (not a term I use) on Twitter the other night and I sure he speaks for many.

Also, maybe ask yourself: why is it that you find yourself in arguments regularly whereas in 1500 or so posts, this is the closest I've ever got to one?

And to anyone else reading this: I have stated before how much I enjoy the fact that everyone here treats this as an opportunity to learn, share, discuss, vent etc. Even the venting is good natured. The mood is such a stark difference to anywhere else on social media.

It is not my intention to come on here and pick fights but I am not going to sit here and put up with someone in a blue and white beanie tell me that what's going on re: Geelong and selection is ok. Scott can do what he likes, it appears; it doesn't mean that I, or anybody else can't be critical.

17 other coaches and clubs can manage to do it the right way; I refuse to accept that Geelong can't as well.

The mere fact that you criticized my club and me and my fellow supporters, is something we don't do on this board. The fact that you continue to act as if it's your god given right to do so - is exactly the problem that has led to the deterioration of discussion on this board.

The notion that you decide what's an insult, is an insult in and of itself. You also say that in the case of this, danster and other run ins, I should just 'ignore it instead of getting so wound up' - which basically says that people like you should be able to say whatever they want, but no-one else is allowed to react in kind - because we should just ignore abusive targeted commentary. You calling me a 'Geelong apologist' was a direct attack on me and Gunf, all because I deigned to try and explain the reasoning behind the last two weeks of late changes. You have every right to have a go at Geelong and Scott, but you have no right to have a go at me, and use my club as a methodology for a backhand response.

You are not some 'innocent' poster, who never starts fights. This is your third time where you've directly had a go at someone based on your charged opinion holding more weight in your mind than the harmony of the board.

If you want to get into the bones of the argument, I merely said in my first post 'Mate this is not the main board - we don't attack other clubs here or their supporters' - really don't think there's anything unfair about that.

Even my second comment was one where I tried to play it down stating: 'I'm exactly the same for all clubs. Nothing serious, just no need for it here - as this is our little sanctuary, lol', but you still went for the jugular, continued to talk down to me, be aggressive, and act as if it's your constitutional right to speak to me however you want - because of some imagined idea that you're some holy prophet delivering the word of the people. News flash, you're allowed to have an opinion, you're not allowed to play the man or bring club slander into things - that's a tenet of big footy rules 101 (even more so on this board).

You don't see a divided board, because you're the one being divisive. Ask yourself this, who was the one here who felt the need to launch into some diatribe over his opinions on Chris Scott, Geelong and any other Geelong supporters on this board? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't me. You directly attacked my posting, and then continued to justify it even after I asked you to knock it off for the good of the board - that's you and your ego, and not something I or anyone else should have to put up with.

It doesn't matter anyway, as I have genuinely found myself wanting of late, when it comes to finding reasons to continue to stick around on here and BF as a whole. Congratulations, you're the straw that broke the camel's back.

I won't respond again, and this will be my last post on this board - as I'm sick of these arguments, I'm sick of the negativity and justification around it, and I'm sick of being attacked all for wanting there to be passivity on a board that a lot of us have put so much effort into making this way.

Goodbye.

Petracca

Senior List
Jun 16, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
So torn on trades for this week:
1: (bye structure / value) = Campbell + Rowe —> Harmes + Ralphsmith + $109k. Ralphsmith on bench.

2: (underpriced premo) = Campbell + Flynn —> J.Kelly + Hayes (Dev Rob to F6)

Would love J.Kelly but not sure if he is worth it over Harmes if I need to trade a playing Flynn for non-playing Hayes. Also would leave me with only 17 playing in the RD12 bye (obviously with 7 trades before then to fix).

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

mrpig

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
With the lack of forward premiums... I’ve decided it’s ok to trade in Dusty this week. I know he’s probably gonna be cheaper, but something always pops up each week, and so I feel it’s best to upgrade to him now that I actually have the trades to do it

as such
Trades this week are

Duggan -> Crisp
Cox -> Dusty

I am also thinking about Cox -> Daniel, but I’d rather not take the gamble in defence (as there are legit premiums there)

Milo Cyrus

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
1: (bye structure / value) = Campbell + Rowe —> Harmes + Ralphsmith + $109k. Ralphsmith on bench.

Would love J.Kelly but not sure if he is worth it over Harmes if I need to trade a playing Flynn for non-playing Hayes. Also would leave me with only 17 playing in the RD12 bye (obviously with 7 trades before then to fix).

I prefer option 1 but not sold on RalphSmith, the byes are sneaking up real quick.

I'm no font, but I would go Kelly over Harmes, with Harmes likely to score well again this week, I'm looking for the season long choice. Harmes might be a good stepping stone, there could be another $100k = from him while he maintains his CBAs, but I'm not confident that will stay the same the season through. So I'm suggesting the short term gain (if any) for Harmes might not be as good as the enduring gain of Kelly. Is there another way of solving the need for Hayes? Dev Rob on the F6 doesn't bother much - exactly where I have him too for now - but Hayes may not play (he should - they love his development - but you only have to listed the the coach's rationale on selecting Ladhams to know what I'm saying)

All that said, you will also possibly lose the $50k increase in Flynn.... Can you keep and shift a Fwd / Mid instead?

With the lack of forward premiums... I’ve decided it’s ok to trade in Dusty this week. I know he’s probably gonna be cheaper, but something always pops up each week, and so I feel it’s best to upgrade to him now that I actually have the trades to do it

as such
Trades this week are

Duggan -> Crisp
Cox -> Dusty

I am also thinking about Cox -> Daniel, but I’d rather not take the gamble in defence (as there are legit premiums there)

Good calls!

The same Dusty that in the last month is averaging just 76 points, despite costing 700k? Surely Hall is a much better option, or even Impey as a POD.

Dusty is $590k now about $50k less than Hall. Dusty will be season long, wish I could say that about Hall because I would jump there too.

Last edited:

mrpig

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
The same Dusty that in the last month is averaging just 76 points, despite costing 700k? Surely Hall is a much better option, or even Impey as a POD.

Historically Dusty has these runs of poor performances and then follows them up with hot streaks. Plus his average is obviously lower than usual because of his concussion game. Moreover i'd probably have more faith in dusty recovering his performances, than sticking with Aaron Hall!!!!!. I'd rather a set and forget trade, one that i can leave the player in my squad for the rest of the year. In this regard i'm more confident that dusty is that player as opposed Hall and impy, both of whom have never shown to be a consistent fantasy option...... Anyone trading in hall, and then complaining that he has a change of role, gets dropped, or underperforms for the rest of the season really only has themselves to blame if the trade goes south.

Nov 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Minnesota Timberwolves
Anyone considered a punt on Ladhams ? Look for Stephenson downgrades. What's his scoring like in the ruck?

MarvinStraighte

Senior List
Mar 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m really struggling to split Lloyd and Mills. Lloyd has finally bottomed out, and the plan was always to pick him up on the rebound. He’s also taken over kick-ins from Dawson, which has bumped up his scoring. Mills looks unbelievable though, and should rack up against the Pies today. Still only 10% ownership too, as opposed to Lloyd’s 30%. I’m a little worried about his kick / handball ratio, but it hasn’t really affected him yet.

Mills is the logical choice, based on form, but I have a suspicion Lloyd is about to start firing again.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mrpig

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I’m really struggling to split Lloyd and Mills. Lloyd has finally bottomed out, and the plan was always to pick him up on the rebound. He’s also taken over kick-ins from Dawson, which has bumped up his scoring. Mills looks unbelievable though, and should rack up against the Pies today. Still only 10% ownership too, as opposed to Lloyd’s 30%. I’m a little worried about his kick / handball ratio, but it hasn’t really affected him yet.

Mills is the logical choice, based on form, but I have a suspicion Lloyd is about to start firing again.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

Mills or Lloyd splitting hairs I think.... I’d probably just go Lloyd for his ability to seagull... plus he’s as cheap as will be I think

wahooo

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Poulter or Ralphsmith? Where do we rate JS and scoring ability?

Ralphsmith fits my bye structure a little better.

Anyone considered a punt on Ladhams ? Look for Stephenson downgrades. What's his scoring like in the ruck?

Intriguingly had a 104 against the Bulldogs last year over at Adel Oval with only Tim English as oppo - don't let that sway you though, his only ton! Had a 90 against the Tiges with Soldo and Chol playing but he was second fiddle to Lycett that game - otherwise expect a 55 to 75 maybe if it all goes to s**t!

Poulter or Ralphsmith? Where do we rate JS and scoring ability?

Ralphsmith fits my bye structure a little better.

Byes! Doubt Ralph Smith will be in the team then.

It's about as good as this idea ;) :D:

1621046412366.png

[TD valign="middle"]
[/TD]

Mills or Lloyd splitting hairs I think.... I’d probably just go Lloyd for his ability to seagull... plus he’s as cheap as will be I think

Oddly his record against Collingwood is solid (90 to 105) without one killer diller score like I would have expected, given the way Pies play (s**t!)

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
You know what I’m getting Lloyd. Had enough! I refuse to watch another swans game getting infuriated by that Gull

Gulden to Harmes
Fantasia to Lloyd

excellent.gif

Switches VC to Mills.....

Freo_4eva

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont, San Antonio, ND Irish
Contemplating a complete freo-homer move and getting Darcy in as a value forward for Atkins.. 3 tons in the last 4 weeks - and awesome run of rucks up until the bye in Rnd 14. When he gets injured 10mins into the game on the weekend ill wish i stayed the Ridley course.. but..
Quoted in frustration. Not that ridley sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back