Position 2021 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Gawn v Preuss

Gawn's priced at 140 and Preuss' priced at 58

If you think Gawn's average drops to 130 and Preuss averages 85 then its probably breakeven for team points

A - Gawn $751k + Rookie $124k (130 + 60)

B - Preuss $303k + Dunkley $560k (85 + 105)

Looking at Gawn v Preuss

If you think Gawn's average drops to 130 and Preuss averages 85 then its probably breakeven for team points

Also one BIG thing some people are forgetting is Captain and what Maxy can get doubled.

It was an adenment to your reply , not an answer .... everyone knows Preuss has a poor tank, which is why he spends so much time as a fwd.

Clearly not everyone knows whether he has "a poor tank" or not since I asked the question. I honestly don't know. You're making an assumption that he "spends so much time forward" due to a lack of tank where it might have more to do with him playing relief ruck role to Goldy/Gawn. When he played without either of those guys, he didn't spend much time forward but his TOG% stayed around the same 77%. It might well be a fitness issue with him which makes me think he'll be played/managed similarly to Draper last season.

Looking at Gawn v Preuss

C - Gawn $751k + Dunkley $560k (130 + 105 )

This year just gone I went with Grundy and Sauce. After Round 1 I thought I was gods gift. Football return, Sauce is slow, gets dropped.
Trade 1 > Sauce to Pittonet
(After a price rise mind you and 3 straight tons, Pittonet would not go on to score another 100 whilst I owned.

Trade 2 > Pittonet to English
This was after English went ham and pulled out a 200, wanted him as a POD to Gawn. Was horrible for me.

Trade 3 > English to Goldy
Once again, POD to Gawn, at this stage I hated the big trucker. Gawn went down, and I was like oooo. Goldy was ehh the whole time, maybe 2/3 good scores. By this point, English was tonning back up.

Trade 4 > Xerri (lol) to Draper
Made no cash apart from what Draper earnt. Xerri who was a donut all year even got a game at some point. Mega LOL.

Trade 5 > Goldy to Gawn
Finally got the bastard in. Went massive which was a win after his 3 week layoff.

Trade 6 > Draper to BJ Williams
Simply needed the cash, BJ played once and scored dirt and was eventually dropped.

All in all I wasted 6 trades and lost a truck ton of points. I could’ve held Gawn from the start, held him over the 3 weeks he missed and still would’ve been in the positive.

Moral of the story? Start the big boys Gawndy. Learn from me.

This year just gone I went with Grundy and Sauce. After Round 1 I thought I was gods gift. Football return, Sauce is slow, gets dropped.
(After a price rise mind you and 3 straight tons, Pittonet would not go on to score another 100 whilst I owned.

This was after English went ham and pulled out a 200, wanted him as a POD to Gawn. Was horrible for me.

Once again, POD to Gawn, at this stage I hated the big trucker. Gawn went down, and I was like oooo. Goldy was ehh the whole time, maybe 2/3 good scores. By this point, English was tonning back up.

Made no cash apart from what Draper earnt. Xerri who was a donut all year even got a game at some point. Mega LOL.

Trade 5 > Goldy to Gawn
Finally got the bastard in. Went massive which was a win after his 3 week layoff.

Simply needed the cash, BJ played once and scored dirt and was eventually dropped.

All in all I wasted 6 trades and lost a truck ton of points. I could’ve held Gawn from the start, held him over the 3 weeks he missed and still would’ve been in the positive.

My story is similar, but different.

I started with Grundy and Naismith. After round 1 my guys had scored 300 between them and everything was beautiful.

Then Naismith went down before the second match.

I had Cameron to cover Naismith for a week, then I got in Pittonet and he knocked up two more tons and I got his price rise too.

When Pitt turned to shitt I went Pittonet > English, after his 200.

Two weeks later English down to Draper.

In Round 14 I went Cameron to Naitanui, who went on a tear of mediocrity for me.

Eventually I went Naitanui to Gawn in Round 16.

I hear what you are saying, but I refuse to learn. If Naismith could only have remained fit...or Pittonet remained competent...or English didn't troll with that 200...

I'm backing Preuss' PPD to be heaps better than Gawn's, and after Round 3 I look forward to the comparison

It was an adenment to your reply , not an answer .... everyone knows Preuss has a poor tank, which is why he spends so much time as a fwd.
Preuss has been behind Goldstein and Gawn, 2 of the best ruckman of this generation. Never ever was he going to play as the primary ruck in front of those 2 guys if they were fit and available.

If Preuss gets through the preseason and lines up in round 1 as the only ruckman (with just Finlayson/Himmelberg as the chop-out), I simply have to lock him in

Then it's down to R1...

I don't think I can start Gawn at his price, especially with all the other expensive players I have. I know he'll score well and he's a very good captain option, but I feel as though I'll have plenty of other captain options

Grundy is probably 10 points underpriced on his average, but he's still bloody expensive

I can see valid points in starting Marshall (move him to FWD later), Nank, BigO, Darcy and Draper as stepping stones

The way I see it with the Ruckmen if you start with Preuss then you will almost certainly be looking to upgrade him at some stage unless he averages 100+ which is doubtful. Starting Gawn & Grundy you have the advantage of seeing the first 2 rounds of how Preuss goes and if he is holding his own against Marshall & Darcy in the first 2 rounds and one of Gawn or Grundy start poorly or get injured you can always trade down and then spend the extra cash on someone overlooked who has started like a house on fire in another position. Remember that the trades are there for 2 reason to make money and make adjustments to your team so it doesn't matter how good your team is you need to keep adjusting/refining it.

Preuss has been behind Goldstein and Gawn, 2 of the best ruckman of this generation. Never ever was he going to play as the primary ruck in front of those 2 guys if they were fit and available.

Not only has he been behind them, he has learned from them and he's competed against them every week at training.

He said in an interview 'it's kind of funny how training has been harder than the actual game most weeks' lol

He's served an epic apprenticeship when you think about it. Six years under two of the masters

Since Tinypic died last year I've been unable to find a way to post images here. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could tell me what system you're using.

I use snipping tool I'm pretty sure it's built in to most computers. Just do a search and see if it comes up on your computer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade 5 > Goldy to Gawn

We should catch up. Did nearly the same. Just add in Ladhams who then promptly breached covid. Rucks destroyed my season.

The way I see it with the Ruckmen if you start with Preuss then you will almost certainly be looking to upgrade him at some stage unless he averages 100+ which is doubtful. Starting Gawn & Grundy you have the advantage of seeing the first 2 rounds of how Preuss goes and if he is holding his own against Marshall & Darcy in the first 2 rounds and one of Gawn or Grundy start poorly or get injured you can always trade down and then spend the extra cash on someone overlooked who has started like a house on fire in another position. Remember that the trades are there for 2 reason to make money and make adjustments to your team so it doesn't matter how good your team is you need to keep adjusting/refining it.
I can see it now.

Here2tellyouwhy starts Gawn and Grundy. Trades them down to Hickey and Pruess end of round 2. Upgrades everywhere. Upgrades go SP.
Hickey and Pruess turn to s**t. I roughie Gawn and Grundy back in all while Hurn goes bonkers 150+ :hearteyes:

With Hurn locked in in December and my roughie manoeuvre abilities Id be unstoppable :moustache:

If Preuss gets through the preseason and lines up in round 1 as the only ruckman (with just Finlayson/Himmelberg as the chop-out), I simply have to lock him in

Then it's down to R1...

I don't think I can start Gawn at his price, especially with all the other expensive players I have. I know he'll score well and he's a very good captain option, but I feel as though I'll have plenty of other captain options

Grundy is probably 10 points underpriced on his average, but he's still bloody expensive

I can see valid points in starting Marshall (move him to FWD later), Nank, BigO, Darcy and Draper as stepping stones
The problem i had with McInerny last season and Draper later on, was their value wasn’t appreciating to allow me to upgrade to a high scoring Ruckman ..... so i ended up stuck

The other issue is at $300k plus, what happens if Preuss gets injured ..... it’s a double trade to fix, losing a premo to fix

The problem i had with McInerny last season and Draper later on, was their value wasn’t appreciating to allow me to upgrade to a high scoring Ruckman ..... so i ended up stuck

The other issue is at $300k plus, what happens if Preuss gets injured ..... it’s a double trade to fix, losing a premo to fix

That's when Marshall at F1 comes into play.

Chuck him into the ruck and trade Presuss to best forward that you can afford.

You just choose your worst performing other midpricer and go one up, one down to the best rookie you don't have assuming there are any. Two problems fixed in one two-trade move

That's when Marshall at F1 comes into play.

Chuck him into the ruck and trade Presuss to best forward that you can afford.
Problem is Preuss is Ruck only even if you trade him to a non playing rookie you still need another trade to replace Marshall

Problem is Preuss is Ruck only even if you trade him to a non playing rookie you still need another trade to replace Marshall

True but that's the risk you take when you hang your plums on the line.

Why?
Preuss out, Marshall to Rucks, forward rookie or mid-pricer in. Just aim to trade in a big ruck in the coming weeks, then move Marshall back to the FWD

Risk vs reward end of the day

Why?
Preuss out, Marshall to Rucks, forward rookie or mid-pricer in. Just aim to trade in a big ruck in the coming weeks, then move Marshall back to the FWD

Risk vs reward end of the day
That's my plan. If pruess doesn't score well and there's a good rookie I'll just swap them. It's a trade I'm willing to waste. Big risk bit reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back