Position 2021 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
General consensus on trading Grundy? And if so, Nic Nat or ROB +130k more?

General consensus on trading Grundy? And if so, Nic Nat or ROB +130k more?
Hard to hold a SP Player over the byes .....I traded Grundy to Nic Nat, with a view of him being a permanent replacement

If Grundy outscores Nic Nat by 20 points a game for the remainder of the season .....then I'll still be in front, given the 200 extra points I'll get from Nic Nat over the 2 weeks Grundy doesn't play

Hard to hold a SP Player over the byes .....I traded Grundy to Nic Nat, with a view of him being a permanent replacement

If Grundy outscores Nic Nat by 20 points a game for the remainder of the season .....then I'll still be in front, given the 200 extra points I'll get from Nic Nat over the 2 weeks Grundy doesn't play

It's only 200 points extra if you only have 17 starters without Grundy/NicNat unless you think Nic will average 150+ over the next 2 weeks? ;)

Ballsy move though.

If Grundy outscores Nic Nat by 20 10 points a game for the remainder of the season .....then I'll still be in front, given the 200 100 extra points I'll get from Nic Nat over the 2 weeks Grundy doesn't play

interesting - my calcs are a bit different

interesting - my calcs are a bit different
Grundy misses R12 and R14 .....Nic Nat plays both games & scores 100 in each = 200 points

Nic Nats current ave is 112 ....Grundy 122
Worse case is Grundy outscores by 20 points x 8 games = 160 ......so I'll be in front on the trade, in a worse case scenario, but I could be a real winner too

Grundy misses R12 and R14 .....Nic Nat plays both games & scores 100 in each = 200 points

Worse case is Grundy outscores by 20 points x 8 games = 160 ......so I'll be in front on the trade, in a worse case scenario, but I could be a real winner too
Unless you have CCJ or Reeves playing those rounds to cover Grundy. They might even out score NicNat.

Reeves covers Nic Nats R13 Bye ......can see Reeves averaging 80-85
Well I plan on getting both CCJ and Reeves so should have 5 playing out of a possible 6 on the ruck line over the byes. CCJ moves to the forward line so have Gawn missing round 14.

Not worth trading Grundy out until after the byes for me. I can't spare the trades.

Good luck 😃

Well I plan on getting both CCJ and Reeves so should have 5 playing out of a possible 6 on the ruck line over the byes. CCJ moves to the forward line so have Gawn missing round 14.

Not worth trading Grundy out until after the byes for me. I can't spare the trades.

Good luck 😃
I can't spare the trades either .....but I'm mindfull of a potential cumalative impact over the byes

Hold Grundy, but what happens if another Premo goes down .....then two down, without factoring in bye players

Was going to hold Marshall over the Byes .....but if I had, I'd have two down now .....this was in the back of my mind when trading those guys out

I can't spare the trades either .....but I'm mindfull of a potential cumalative impact over the byes

Hold Grundy, but what happens if another Premo goes down .....then two down, without factoring in bye players

Was going to hold Marshall over the Byes .....but if I had, I'd have two down now .....this was in the back of my mind when trading those guys out
I think you have to judge each injury separately. Grundy is apparently 2-3 weeks, if he's not named round 15 that's when I'll consider a trade. I'm losing a lot less holding him during weeks when it's best 18 scoring, and he's such a popular player.

If other injuries happen, I'll deal with them on their merits.

I’m sure you haven’t overlooked it but you haven’t included the cost of / value of the trade in this balance sheet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have to judge each injury separately. Grundy is apparently 2-3 weeks, if he's not named round 15 that's when I'll consider a trade. I'm losing a lot less holding him during weeks when it's best 18 scoring, and he's such a popular player.

If other injuries happen, I'll deal with them on their merits.
Yes, each situation is different .....In a best 18 situation, on a week by week, it just depends on how many Premo's you're fielding

But everyone's made some great points

This just locked my trade in of Nic Nat ......may or maynot happen, but worth the risk

THE AFL is exploring bringing forward Richmond's clash with West Coast by a week and delaying both clubs' round 13 bye.

The Eagles and Tigers are due to have their bye next week and then open round 14 with a Thursday night clash at Optus Stadium on June 17.

However, with Richmond already set to be in Perth for Dreamtime in the West against Essendon on Saturday night, the League is looking at an option whereby it could flip the next two weeks and play the Eagles-Tigers game in round 13.

It actually put me off trading NicNat in a fair bit.

Means I would still be down to one ruck (via Campbell DPP) R14 with Gawn/NicNat/CCJ all out for the round.
Aren't you trading Reeves in ? .....he'd be your R14 Ruck

The tricky thing for me is i was going to go Flynn to Gawn next week which has been the plan for a while but Im not liking the uncertainty around when Grundy will be back, maybe it needs to be Grundy to Gawn instead?

The tricky thing for me is i was going to go Flynn to Gawn next week which has been the plan for a while but Im not liking the uncertainty around when Grundy will be back, maybe it needs to be Grundy to Gawn instead?

should have done that before last nights game

should have done that before last nights game

Im talking more for next week because ive already done my trades this week. Its more about whether grundy will be back after the byes as i have tomake a call on that next week.

This possible move of the West Coast v Tigers game is doing my head in. I was all set to go Grundy to NicNat, hoping to gain a minimum of two weeks of points over those that held him, and making a bit of a positive readjustment to my bye situation.

But R14 is looking dicey for me if those two teams have byes then as well because I'm adding Dusty to my list of non players. Surely I don't want to add NicNat as well.

Unless we end up running best 16 or something that round. Then I can deal with it.

I wish there was a worthwhile R12 or R13 premo ruck but there's really nothing. Frustrating

This possible move of the West Coast v Tigers game is doing my head in. I was all set to go Grundy to NicNat, hoping to gain a minimum of two weeks of points over those that held him, and making a bit of a positive readjustment to my bye situation.

But R14 is looking dicey for me if those two teams have byes then as well because I'm adding Dusty to my list of non players. Surely I don't want to add NicNat as well.

Unless we end up running best 16 or something that round. Then I can deal with it.

I wish there was a worthwhile R12 or R13 premo ruck but there's really nothing. Frustrating
Just play the cards in front of you, as the byes currently sit ......you can't 2nd guess what changes may or maynot occur

I have gone ahead this morning with my Grundy to Nic Nat trade .....if the West Coast v Tigers game is changed, I'm expecting extra trades ....which could favor my side

I went Grundy to NicNat and I think the game will be moved to next week. Like everyone hoping we might get an extra 2 trades R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back