Position 2021 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Because there's no way Flynn is playing 22 games as a Rookie .....and when he's named out, what's your plan "B"
1614027311291.png

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Here's a crazy idea:
If Flynn, Fullarton and Treacy are all named Round 1, run with:

Gawn R1, Flynn R2, Fullarton R3 and Treacy F8 and upgrade a mid rookie to mid $600K player... surely between the 3 of them they will have one playing each round.

Draper's a highly rated young ruck and he only averaged 70 last year. Flynn's a 23yr old NEAFL level ruck. Are you prepared for anti-POD R2 (Grundy) averaging 60-70 points a week more than your R2?

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Draper's a highly rated young ruck and he only averaged 70 last year. Flynn's a 23yr old NEAFL level ruck. Are you prepared for anti-POD R2 (Grundy) averaging 60-70 points a week more than your R2?
It depends if I can choose a premo mid who scores 60-70 points more than than a mid rookie on field??

Yes and ROB played 2 games in 2018 for an average of 63. Then played 18 games in 2019 for an average of 95 so what is your point? ROB is the exception or Draper is a DUD?

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes and ROB played 2 games in 2018 for an average of 63. Then played 18 games in 2019 for an average of 95 so what is your point? ROB is the exception or Draper is a DUD?

Seriously, you reckon Flynn's in the same class as ROB? Come on, man. Draper is not a dud. 70 is a solid return for a rookie ruck. ROB was clearly the exception not the norm.

Flynn is 23.5 years old has been on the GWS list for 5 years and still hasn't debuted. Not only has he not starred at NEAFL level, the club bought in another novice ruck of the same age in Preuss because they only saw Flynn as depth. But go ahead and kid yourself about him averaging 95.

Last edited:
Seriously, you reckon Flynn's in the same class as ROB? Come on, man. Draper is not a dud. 70 is a solid return for a rookie ruck. ROB was clearly the exception not the norm.

Flynn is 23.5 years old has been on the GWS list for 5 years and still hasn't debuted. Not only has he not starred at NEAL level, the club bought in another novice ruck of the same age in Preuss because they only saw Flynn as depth. But go ahead and kid yourself about him averaging 95.

Some players just need the chance at AFL level to prove themselves you seem quick to dismiss some players that's all.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Some players just need the chance at AFL level to prove themselves you seem quick to dismiss some players that's all.

Flynn hasn't shown much at NEAFL level which is a step below VFL/SANFL/WAFL. If he can average 70+ at AFL level it will be a huge win for us that have him as a R3 cash cow. So I'm not against him doing well. Your expectations of him is unrealistic though.

Flynn hasn't shown much at NEAFL level which is a step below VFL/SANFL/WAFL. If he can average 70+ at AFL level it will be a huge win for us that have him as a R3 cash cow. So I'm not against him doing well. Your expectations of him is unrealistic though.

I don't have any expectations of him I'm not sure where you got that from!!! I merely said you can't dismiss a player just like that when you really know nothing about him even though you seem to think you do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't have any expectations of him I'm not sure where you got that from!!! I merely said you can't dismiss a player just like that when you really know nothing about him even though you seem to think you do.

Ever heard of research? Try it sometime instead of just hoping a player will score well because you want them to. You insinuated that if ROB can average 95 after 2 games that Flynn can as well. I stand by my position that he won't. Why? Because he played no footy last year as the NEAFL comp was suspended and his NEAFL hitout numbers from the previous 2 years don't suggest that he was banging the door down to be an AFL level starting ruck, but hey what would I know.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
With a hamstring to NicNat WaynesWorld19, who are you running with now?

Come join the ROB club :)
My thoroughbred is fine ....a bit high-strung, but we're preparing Nic-Nat for Round 1 .....not some silly trial matches

Champions don't do country meets

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
We will have 2 Derbies to assess the scoring potential of Bailey J Williams. Presumably both he and Vardy will ruck and will only be against Meek/ Lobbe. 198k is pricey unless he can string together some games as main ruck.

Thilthorpe(Rk/Fwd 202K) 12% ownership
Williams(Rk/Fwd 193K) 1 % ownership

= 8 % Adelaide fans + 3% with a speech impediment

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
We will have 2 Derbies to assess the scoring potential of Bailey J Williams. Presumably both he and Vardy will ruck and will only be against Meek/ Lobbe. 198k is pricey unless he can string together some games as main ruck.
Bailey Williams has a quad complaint at the moment so doubt we will see him this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back