Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Some people never learn from their mistakes.
The problem is, to replace Meek now, who hasn't maxed anywhere near his value ....you have to either lose a great Rookie, who again hasn't maxed out ...and / or lose a premo to upgrade keep Flynn, or keep at R3 ???

It's just two trades lost .....it's the only line (Rucks) where you can't take risks

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
The problem is, to replace Meek now, who hasn't maxed anywhere near his value ....you have to either lose a great Rookie, who again hasn't maxed out ...and / or lose a premo to upgrade keep Flynn, or keep at R3 ???

It's just two trades lost .....it's the only line (Rucks) where you can't take risks

I remember blowing 5-6 trades on the rucks one year 4-5 seasons ago and learned a valuable lesson. In the last 3 years I played MPM but started with Gawndy each time. You are 100% correct that it is not the line to be taking risks, especially since Gawndy have been the clear Top2 overall scorers in the comp over the previous 3 years and looking likely to repeat that again.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Pretty easy fix. If Flynn plays, he stays R2, if not Meek becomes Gawn.

Feb 17, 2009
epping
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
golden state warriors
Having gone the route of cheap rucks last season ......it was an absolute nightmare, and burned so many trades

The current situation with Flynn and Meek is exactly why cheap rucks is not a great strategy
Although if Flynn was never rested this would still of been a great strategy.... I personally started Grundy/Flynn/hunter but am now quickly jumping to gawn just for the security. Ranked 31 without gawn, hoping this propels me back into the top 10

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Or you just go down to Treacy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Or you just go down to Treacy
Yes you can ....but there's another trade lost if he's rested / dropped in a couple of weeks .....then you're up for yet another set of trades to replace Treacy ......it's becomes a trashcan of burnt trades

I went thru this scenario last year ......swore to never go the cheap ruck option ever again

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Although if Flynn was never rested this would still of been a great strategy.... I personally started Grundy/Flynn/hunter but am now quickly jumping to gawn just for the security. Ranked 31 without gawn, hoping this propels me back into the top 10
But how many rookies have come in and played every game .....or even 6-8 games straight ....only a handfull

In the Ruck your body is beaten up by 100-110 kg monsters jumping into you all day .....this makes it harder for a Rookie Ruckman to back up week after week

But how many rookies have come in and played every game .....or even 6-8 games straight ....only a handfull

In the Ruck your body is beaten up by 100-110 kg monsters jumping into you all day .....this makes it harder for a Rookie Ruckman to back up week after week
Flynn is 23 yeah? He's a big enough man.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes you can ....but there's another trade lost if he's rested / dropped in a couple of weeks .....then you're up for yet another set of trades to replace Treacy ......it's becomes a trashcan of burnt trades

I went thru this scenario last year ......swore to never go the cheap ruck option ever again

If Flynn isn't named, I'll go Meek > Treacy. I'd have been after Treacy anyway.

When I get Gawn I will move Treacy to the forwards, then eventually I'll get RoMa and have the setup I always intended to have.

There are so many more possibilities when you don't just accept that Gawndy is a must - and Gawndy is a risk - it's just a risk that has paid off so far (though Grundy ain't looking all that flash right now IMO)

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Having gone the route of cheap rucks last season ......it was an absolute nightmare, and burned so many trades

The current situation with Flynn and Meek is exactly why cheap rucks is not a great strategy
I am learning this the hard way. Started Draper, injured, traded to Meek, dropped, traded to Treacy this week. Ive got 458k in the bank and i might be able to fluke flynn to Gawn in 1 trade next week. Will probably take 2 though. So 4 trades to make about 400k through Flynn and Meek and end up with Gawn finally. The original plan was to try and do it in 1 which would've been Draper to Gawn. Fail

timtimtim

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
I am learning this the hard way. Started Draper, injured, traded to Meek, dropped, traded to Treacy this week. Ive got 458k in the bank and i might be able to fluke flynn to Gawn in 1 trade next week. Will probably take 2 though. So 4 trades to make about 400k through Flynn and Meek and end up with Gawn finally. The original plan was to try and do it in 1 which would've been Draper to Gawn. Fail

Not sure you can say it’s a fail. Draper got injured, s**t happens, doesn’t mean it would not have worked if he stayed healthy

Not wishing injuries in people but I won’t lose any sleep if Grundy went down. Probably stir the pot with a few failed Gawndy comments though hehe

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Checks WaynesWorld19 rank...

Ahhh * it. Whats the point.

a7.gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I've just turned Meek into Gawn.

That gives me a ruck line of Gawn, Nank, Flynn.
That's fantastic .....could you change Dow into Ridley for me .....greatly appreciated

tenor.gif

I remember blowing 5-6 trades on the rucks one year 4-5 seasons ago and learned a valuable lesson. In the last 3 years I played MPM but started with Gawndy each time. You are 100% correct that it is not the line to be taking risks, especially since Gawndy have been the clear Top2 overall scorers in the comp over the previous 3 years and looking likely to repeat that again.
ok - I've put up my hand.
One trade down - Fullarton to Hickey, due to Flynn being un-named :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back