News 2021 Rule Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

only the aFL could shoehorn a major change to the game 48 hours before the season starts.

Dear ******* god.
I get it a player safety issue and have no issue with the content of it.

The application and execution is kindergarden level however.

Please shw me how the issue of player safety is any more dire now than it was 3 months ago when they could have introduced this.

its not even amateur hour

Go Catters

Honestly, I couldn't give a s**t about concussion rules, injury rules, or any of it. It's a physical sport. Players are going to get injured. You don't like it, or can't accept it, then don't play.

They are admirable in their approach though. Just relentlessly bombard fans with so many dumb rule changes that aren't needed, endless tweaks, 24/7 coverage, and eventually you just become dull to it all.

Just shut your mouth and hand over your money.

Honestly, I couldn't give a sh*t about concussion rules, injury rules, or any of it. It's a physical sport. Players are going to get injured. You don't like it, or can't accept it, then don't play.

They are admirable in their approach though. Just relentlessly bombard fans with so many dumb rule changes that aren't needed, endless tweaks, 24/7 coverage, and eventually you just become dull to it all.

Just shut your mouth and hand over your money.
its motivated by $$.

They are looking down the CTE barrel and by doing this its now arguable that they have policies in place to further assist the potentially injured - thus... less liability on them down the track.

My point is that its no more dire today than it was 3 months ago - introduce it then.

Go Catters

its motivated by $$.

They are looking down the CTE barrel and by doing this its now arguable that they have policies in place to further assist the potentially injured - thus... less liability on them down the track.

My point is that its no more dire today than it was 3 months ago - introduce it then.

Go Catters

As easy as it is to blame the AFL for everything, I’m not sure concussions to players are their fault. Pretty sure players aren’t pushed into the field against their will, quite the opposite. See previous comment about accepting the risk of playing a contact sport.

only the aFL could shoehorn a major change to the game 48 hours before the season starts.

Dear ******* god.
I get it a player safety issue and have no issue with the content of it.

The application and execution is kindergarden level however.

Please shw me how the issue of player safety is any more dire now than it was 3 months ago when they could have introduced this.

its not even amateur hour

Go Catters
Just treat it as a 5th player on the bench who can be used for a concussion or a bad injury. The intention is to encourage clubs to take players off to prevent worsening the injury. If clubs can’t win games with 5 on the bench, they are looking for excuses.

Seems with the “Stand” rule, the afl have finally found a way to defeat C Scott’s boring low scoring game plan. The ability to play on and play direct footy easily breaks the lines of our defence. Pace is the new buzz word, not just foot speed, but quick decision making.
A list of our personal who appeared slow yesterday and their possible replacement on our list.
Bews/Atkins
Kolo/DeKonning
Henderson/Nick Stephens
Menagola/max Holmes
Dalhause/evans
Jenkins/Forte

Joel too slow for permanent midfield needs to play bursts off the bench.

C Scott/Scarlo

obviously none of this will happen given our conservative match committee, but it is the way of the future. Our current system will not beat quicker more agile teams and not Richmonds frantic game style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back