Golf 2021 Ryder Cup (Whistling Straits, Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA). September 24 - 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Screen+Shot+2020-07-07+at+9.32.10+PM.png

Whistling Straights in the state best known for its cheese and the home of the reigning NBA champions Milwaukee Bucks hosts this years Ryder Cup. Europe a team made up of myriad countries often on paper rank underdogs against the military strength of the USA. The Cup, steeped in rich history oscillates between traditional decorum and the fervent football fan fever (FFFF or 4F). It is something ethereal, intangible and indescribable. Not only is it a battle between two continents but a battle between mind and heart. Geographically there is not better way to illustrate this than the indo-pacific oceans:

maxresdefault.jpg

Without further ado, here are the teams:

TEAM EUROPE (The Europeans)
EUROPE-wiesberger.jpg

TEAM USA (The Americans)

TEAM-USA-2.jpg

The Format
Friday 24th September

Morning Foursomes: 4 points to be won (Alternate Shot)

Afternoon Fourballs: 4 points to be won

Saturday 25th September

Morning Foursomes: 4 points to be won

Afternoon Fourballs: 4 points to be won (Alternate Shot)

Sunday 26th September

Singles: 12 points to be won

First team to get 14 1/2 points wins the Ryder Cup – if scores are level at 14 points a side then Europe will win as they won the 2018 Ryder Cup

Opening the batting are the following matches

Enjoy the weekend.

crazy-eyes-poulter.gif
AshamedUncommonAfricanmolesnake.webp

YawningCraftyAtlanticspadefish.webp
BaggyWarpedEchidna.webp

GettyImages-1341964744.jpg

Rd 1 pairings pretty much as expected.

A little surprised US are sitting Harris English (great putter) for the foursomes.
Who would you drop for Harris?

USA don't have a weak pairing imo

Rahm wins
Brooks wins
DJ wins
Cantlay wins

USA lead 3-1 is my prediction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of Morikawa (dicey putter which is not great in foursomes), Koepka (under an injury cloud and has admitted he doesn't get fired up by these events) or Berger (on debut).
Morikawa maybe, think he's a good mix with DJ

Berger a gun - will fire up!

Koepka will play well for fear of losing his spot to Bryson 😁

I don't get why they would host a Ryder Cup on a course like this. Nothing wrong with it but it's a tricky course for spectators to get a round. First tee will be awesome but it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the course is...

I don't get why they would host a Ryder Cup on a course like this. Nothing wrong with it but it's a tricky course for spectators to get a round. First tee will be awesome but it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the course is...

Won’t be matching that first tee in France that’s for sure

Slope rating 146, course rating 75.6 for Whistling Straits. Not quite as tricky Kiawah Island Oceans Course. Still, it looks so damn hard.

Id get 7 extra shots to my handicap on this course and I reckon Id burn them all on the first hole lol.
Imagine taking it on first game back after a 6 month lockdown :laughing:

There were no issues with the crowds at the PGA's held at the course.

Crowd will be a lot more condensed this time but there are plenty of vantage points on each hole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back