VFL 2021 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

No way you could take him on reputation risk grounds. One more mistake, and you can’t be guarding him 24/7, and the club is on the hook.

No way you could take him on reputation risk grounds. One more mistake, and you can’t be guarding him 24/7, and the club is on the hook.
well, it will be Sandy's problem .they must've looked at the whole of him, and decided he was worth a chance.

He's been in trouble twice...this season alone.
Yes indeed he has, from all reports his partner had a miscarriage hence the covid bubble breach. Again he is 19, when you consider that Nathan Buckley one of the most experienced people in the game could not even get it right hardly a hanging offence.

Enjoying everyone opinions no right or wrong. Sydney Stack is an interesting one not drafted due to off field behaviour came over did the right thing and then has stuffed up this year.

No guarantees either way

Yes indeed he has, from all reports his partner had a miscarriage hence the covid bubble breach. Again he is 19, when you consider that Nathan Buckley one of the most experienced people in the game could not even get it right hardly a hanging offence.
Buckley didn't beat up his wife though.

Nathan got so much more wrong than people know about. Lots of tennis including doubles but forgot the racquet

At the end of the day, what I can say is this:

1) Sandy is entitled to make these decisions around recruitment unilaterally. If we want a pure reserves, we should pay for a pure reserves.

2) AFAIK, he's doing the right thing. He's not gone running home, and he's not stayed in the environment where he's made these mistakes, he's found a new place, he's showing commitment to football, by looking to sign with a state league side rather than chasing Suburban/Country money. A lot of young boys, particularly from non-white backgrounds seem to struggle across all sports with the success and extra cash and "good looks" and doubling up the transition from childhood suburban/country life to adult city stuff. While it's not necessarily "in", particularly for those who's "entitlement" (for lack of a better word) has come from their sporting success rather than being an inherent part of their upbringing, I don't see a problem with giving them another chance after they've done their time out of the top system, and had the time required to grow.

3) While I doubt the club would ever do something in an official direct capacity, we now have a good experienced couple of Indigenous leaders in the game. A few nudges, or whispers up the chain, and having Ryder, or Hill, have a few chats with him about the direction in life.

I don't want him anywhere near the list though, not in 2021 or 2022 anyways. Mild preference for our boys to not be overly involved with him on a social level neither.

Let’s not just brush off what he did:

Axed Sydney Swans AFL player Elijah Taylor has been spared jail and issued a spent conviction over the brutal assault of his ex-girlfriend at a Perth hotel in which he struck her with a belt and punched her in the back of the head

Pretty despicable act whether he was 19 or not.

For the record I would not touch him but people make mistakes . He has been convicted paid the penalty the legal system saw fit and therefore if a club wants to pick him up good luck to them and to him.

Asking this question as a matter of interest and not because I agree with his actions which were unacceptable. But if you wake up and your partner is hitting you what do you do?

Does being a female make it okay for her to assault him whilst asleep and unacceptable
for him to touch her?

Would your reaction differ based upon your age?

Personally would never strike a female and would have got up and left the hotel room. Have a sister who was thrown against a car and hit by her boyfriend, so find this type of behaviour sickening.

if it was a brutal attack then I really ask myself why was is he not locked up.

What obligation do Sandy have to run it past St Kilda?

I find it hard to believe that this would not have been run past the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s not just brush off what he did:

Pretty despicable act whether he was 19 or not.

to use Gags own comments from his trip over to the NFL, went something along the lines of this:
"we asked them how you deal with players with characters concerns, they told us they will work with any players except those with a history of violence. if they are involved in violence, they stay away"

the thing I've loved about this club over the last few years is that we are willing to give people a second chance.
the chance of redemption can be a powerful thing.

I like that this club has a human side

to use Gags own comments from his trip over to the NFL, went something along the lines of this:
"we asked them how you deal with players with characters concerns, they told us they will work with any players except those with a history of violence. if they are involved in violence, they stay away"
Different scale in the US though.

For sure. More issues with guns and organised crime.

But I would say that old mate comes under this rule.

I mean for crying out loud he seriously assaulted and imprisoned a pretty young lady.
Are you serious? Pretty? Wow.
If she was ugly then it would have been okay? Regardless, we need to give the kid a chance, especially the indigenous ones, he’s 19 and can’t be discarded, it’s bloody hard for them to make their way in life as it is.

Why?

Not sure what the issue is - can a male not describe a female as being pretty and young? are we honestly that PC? or am I missing something here
Her looks are completely irrelevant to this situation and just dont need to be mentioned in relation to her being assaulted.

He assaulted a female. Thats all that needs said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back