VFL 2021 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if moving forward we should get Coffield to trim back down and play more of the rebounding, high disposal, run-and-carry role he was playing in the juniors, and have Highmore play the more intercepting role Coff is now?

His intercept marking is obviously top-notch and I’ve been super-impressed with his kicking. On both feet. And he’s quicker than Wilkie.

Wonder if moving forward we should get Coffield to trim back down and play more of the rebounding, high disposal, run-and-carry role he was playing in the juniors, and have Highmore play the more intercepting role Coff is now?

His intercept marking is obviously top-notch and I’ve been super-impressed with his kicking. On both feet. And he’s quicker than Wilkie.
I don't think he needs to trim down to play that role, but I would like to see more of that run and carry. He's got the speed but doesn't use it.

Highmore can do the same so I don't see any reason we can't fit them all in. Richmond have plenty of those taller types in their backine

Only played one quarter of footy today.

Clavarino - Was just ok, maybe just didn't win his position today.
Frawley - Rusty. Lost contests.
Connolly - Stacks of touches. The one defensive thing I saw him do today he ended up limping. Maybe not the physical type. Maybe more of a winger?
Highmore - Our BOG. A brick wall, won about 19/20 contests I reckon. Always found a target too. Class above.
Long - A nice run down the wing, but not sure how he managed 25 touches.
Wood - Did a couple of good things but not enough.
Lonie - Solid day. Helped out down back in the end. His second quarter was as good as you'd see, defensive efforts and assists. Big team player.
Allison - Just doesn't get himself into the game enough. Lots of jogging, little ball. He can use it ok though.
McKernan - Hardly seen, did he come off?
Kent - Didn't see him after quarter time.
Hunter - Toiled. Not much of an effective ruckman. Passable around a VFL ground.
Dunstan - Lots of ball, butchered early but cleaned up a few touches in the end. 3 goals. Won some good contests today. A good VFL player. Needs to bring his teammates into the game.
Alabakis - Clunked a good contest mark. Nothing else though. He stands out easily and you can see him jogging around to contests, just can't get into it.

5. Highmore
3. Dunstan
3. Lonie
3. Connolly
1. Clavarino

Connolly - Stacks of touches. The one defensive thing I saw him do today he ended up limping. Maybe not the physical type. Maybe more of a winger?
Highmore - Our BOG. A brick wall, won about 19/20 contests I reckon. Always found a target too. Class above.
Lonie - Solid day. Helped out down back in the end. His second quarter was as good as you'd see, defensive efforts and assists. Big team player.
Allison - Just doesn't get himself into the game enough. Lots of jogging, little ball. He can use it ok though.
Hunter - Toiled. Not much of an effective ruckman. Passable around a VFL ground.
Dunstan - Lots of ball, butchered early but cleaned up a few touches in the end. 3 goals. Won some good contests today. A good VFL player. Needs to bring his teammates into the game.
Alabakis - Clunked a good contest mark. Nothing else though. He stands out easily and you can see him jogging around to contests, just can't get into it.

5. Highmore
3. Dunstan
3. Lonie
3. Connolly
1. Clavarino
Allison just hasn't got into any of his games yet. If there was another level you could send him back to find some form you would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows Dunstan is pretty much their only midfielder.

Some impressive numbers from the defenders. Highmore probably unlucky he isnt a few cm taller since Wilkie and Coffield are in good form. Lonie looks lively every time they went forward and you could see he was working on pressure/2nd efforts. He's too good for this level.

What did people make of Connolly's game? Some impressive numbers but I couldn't pick out who he was on the stream.

Some impressive numbers from the defenders. Highmore probably unlucky he isnt a few cm taller since Wilkie and Coffield are in good form. Lonie looks lively every time they went forward and you could see he was working on pressure/2nd efforts. He's too good for this level.

What did people make of Connolly's game? Some impressive numbers but I couldn't pick out who he was on the stream.
I actually didn't notice Connolly as much as I should have with those stats. Wasn't overly damaging. Probably not a great defender too.

Good too see him finding the footy though.

I actually didn't notice Connolly as much as I should have with those stats. Wasn't overly damaging. Probably not a great defender too.

Good too see him finding the footy though.
Do you know if he played defence in juniors? With his elite kicking, half back makes sense for him to find his feet but it might be worth trying him up on the wing or even in the middle to help him impact more. Seems like someone you want kicking inside 50.

T

here was a stream ?

5. Highmore
3. Dunstan
3. Lonie
3. Connolly
1. Clavarino
Someone on facebook who was at the game said Dean Kent was hit off the ball in the first quarter and didnt appear after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back