VFL 2021 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

But that’s my point Gringo. We can’t develop our players if you also have to look at satiating Sandringham and their club. It’s frankly yet another reason why supporting this club can really suck at times. We don’t have the leg up that all the other teams have when it comes to this sh*t.
What needs to happen to get out of debt?

Darcy Moore - drafted as a tall forward. Unfortunately Collingwood screwed up his development by playing him down back. Oh wait.

Maybe playing a young player down back when he can't get near it forward as he isn't physically developed, isn't the worst idea in the world.
Kicked 25 goals in his 1st year as forward

Darcy Moore - drafted as a tall forward. Unfortunately Collingwood screwed up his development by playing him down back. Oh wait.

Maybe playing a young player down back when he can't get near it forward as he isn't physically developed, isn't the worst idea in the world?
Did anyone actually disagree with playing Allison down back?

The trouble with these sudden growth spurts is that the increase in height is not always equally distributed

tK27oSP.jpg
Your mean Doc

View attachment 1118362

Jeez - no wonder Allison can't get a game. He's a forward, leave him there and let him develop - why are we trying to turn him into a winger/backman!!!

We're gonna ruin his development and I won't be surprised if he's looking for a new club at the end of the season.
Aren't you the poster that said Battle should be able to cope with being thrown around and it shouldn't effect his development if he's good enough?

He was a short guy that grew a massive amount and had limited exposure as a tall. We took him on the athletic testing he did well in. I would have preferred a guy with more exposed form but Libba has been fairly good so far compared to trout so we have to just keep our fingers crossed that Allison turns into a player and that the guys that the forum wanted like Poulter are lemons.

If I was a recruiting manager I'd just take heaps of talls all the time then say to everyone "they take time to come good" - should get me at least 3-5 years until I get found out.

Aren't you the poster that said Battle should be able to cope with being thrown around and it shouldn't effect his development if he's good enough?
Yep that's me - sorry - I really need someone to direct me to the appropriate "bit of a joke, taking the p***" emoji. :)

If I was a recruiting manager I'd just take heaps of talls all the time then say to everyone "they take time to come good" - should get me at least 3-5 years until I get found out.

That you Trout? Why do you think we never took any mids, it stayed off any pressure for 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

26 to 19 our way

38 to 25
25 to 9 inside 50s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back