Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's so unfair to the regional fans. No reason why they can't attend at 50% capacity.

Geelong is not Melbourne, and it annoys me when it gets lumped in to save costs (or for some other vanity reason, like when Tim Pallas takes control of the local council and imposes height restrictions)

Maybe they'd have to give the same instructions as per SA - please don't touch the ball on the odd occasion it comes into the crowd and ensure you sanitize your hands should you touch the ball before you eat your chips

“The Geelong Cats vs. Western Bulldogs match will continue to be played at GMHBA Stadium with no crowds as per current Victorian Government advice – this decision to continue to play this match at GMHBA Stadium was made in consultation with the home team and was in line with their preference not to move the game.

“We will continue to closely monitor the situation in Victoria and work with the Victorian Government and other state and territory governments, with the fixture remaining a week-to-week proposition for now.”

AFL fixture dates and times from Round 16 onwards remain unconfirmed.

That's so unfair to the regional fans. No reason why they can't attend at 50% capacity.

Geelong is not Melbourne, and it annoys me when it gets lumped in to save costs (or for some other vanity reason, like when Tim Pallas takes control of the local council and imposes height restrictions)
How would you propose to prevent Melbourne people attending? Checking ID at the gate?

How would you propose to prevent Melbourne people attending? Checking ID at the gate?
At the time of purchasing tickets, check then.

No different to how you stop someone from attending the game if they'd been in QLD in the past 2 weeks (when they were a hotspot). It works on trust to a large degree.

At the time of purchasing tickets, check then.

No different to how you stop someone from attending the game if they'd been in QLD in the past 2 weeks (when they were a hotspot). It works on trust to a large degree.
So I get my Geelong family to buy the tickets for me. It’s impractical to try to enforce. It’s a shame but not surprising they’ve done this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They missed 9 in my group then. So clearly pretty ineffective. :D

About as effective as the guys with the metal detectors outside the gates.
I actually hear them counting down to the next person to check because they only do every 6th or so person and that is nearly always a decent size bloke.
If you want to smuggle anything into GMHBA, strap it to a woman and they nearly certainly will get it in

I actually hear them counting down to the next person to check because they only do every 6th or so person and that is nearly always a decent size bloke.
If you want to smuggle anything into GMHBA, strap it to a woman and they nearly certainly will get it in
Or kids. They never check the kids.

Last year (so pre-covid) I was going to a WBBL/BBL game at KP, got there early before the gates open as I was GA and probably bored at home

At the same gate there was a mum with a couple of kids and they had those metal drink bottles with water, all the signs say no open drink bottles and the security told her they weren't permitted in even if they were emptied and left open - she kinda told one of the kids to take them back to the car, then stopped and put them in the bottom on her bag under a jacket/blanket thing. The security kinda did bag checks but only looking at what was on top of the bags, never asked her to move the jacket and so she took then in

Not always the best in terms is bag checks

Yep

Me, my mum and my nephew have been to the last few games and no prizes for guessing who's been checked every time
I have a bottle opener/screwdriver tool on my keyring. Got stopped at an AFLW game and had it confiscated.

*slow clap*

Saved a mass atrocity I’m sure. 🙄

Where I sit is front row at concourse level, so got that board in front of our seats - the guy I sit beside built a little hinged shelf that's made out of metal and he's never been stopped from bringing it in

Very disappointing news!.....I just can’t understand how this isn’t at least 30% capacity, we aren’t metro Melbourne, & we haven’t had a case in Geelong since last year, so s**t.

Very disappointing news!.....I just can’t understand how this isn’t at least 30% capacity, we aren’t metro Melbourne, & we haven’t had a case in Geelong since last year, so sh*t.
I blame the Bulldogs as they're metro... Maybe they should have to stay in hard hotel quarantine leading up to the game so we can have regional fans in attendance

I live in Melbourne and am very disappointed by the no crowd decision. I would even begrudgingly accept that I’m unable to attend myself despite having a reserved seat (we don’t even know if the 25km limit will be dropped before Friday).

But I can’t see why a small socially distanced crowd - 8-10k or so - of regional based people can’t be permitted.

The provisions in place at the stadium (QR codes, distancing, potential for mandatory masks) are far safer than my visit to Highpoint yesterday where shops weren’t enforcing QR check ins, cafes were packed etc.

Shame for both clubs, staff (club staff through to hospitality workers, cleaners etc) and the broader Geelong region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back