Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I think your anger needs to be directed more so at the state government

Spot on.

We (I live in these days) in Melbourne know right this second we're still in lockdown, we have rules stopping us from doing a lot of things. My family are in Geelong, they have far less restrictions right now. Come Thursday midnight Melbourne was supposed to "catch up" to regional. Today is Monday night. All this proves is that not only will lockdown continue past Thursday night for Melbourne, but clearly also additional rules for regional areas like Geelong.
Evidence one asks...well, this decision the AFL has had to make days early based on current so called advice.

This state will take over a decade or more to try find its feet after all this. Regional areas just had a terrible weekend thanks to extended lockdown (so much for circuit breaker) and now our club will also suffer, and likewise the Bulldogs.

Members can't blame the club, but have a right to be pi$$ed off.

So what kind of compensation can I expect now that my membership has decreased in value by a game, an equivalent refund, a voucher or the more likely option that club simply ignores its members and does nothing.

TEDDY24INC

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2008
Mt.evelyn
AFL Club
Geelong
Spot on.

We (I live in these days) in Melbourne know right this second we're still in lockdown, we have rules stopping us from doing a lot of things. My family are in Geelong, they have far less restrictions right now. Come Thursday midnight Melbourne was supposed to "catch up" to regional. Today is Monday night. All this proves is that not only will lockdown continue past Thursday night for Melbourne, but clearly also additional rules for regional areas like Geelong.
Evidence one asks...well, this decision the AFL has had to make days early based on current so called advice.

This state will take over a decade or more to try find its feet after all this. Regional areas just had a terrible weekend thanks to extended lockdown (so much for circuit breaker) and now our club will also suffer, and likewise the Bulldogs.

Members can't blame the club, but have a right to be pi$$ed off.
Ah yes, the mythical health advice that the directions are made from, the advice that no one has seen over the whole pandemic..
This isn’t a COVID or political forum, but I get the frustration displayed by Chris Scott on 360 last night regarding certain decisions or lack thereof if you will. Let’s hope we are all back to some form of normality soon

Sep 26, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
This isn’t a COVID or political forum....

Agreed, however in light of the following article this evening this insanity by bureaucrats, who've continually failed to learn from many mistakes, are playing yoyo-games with the AFL and in turn members and supporters of the two clubs.

Bit too late now to release tickets, if say they decide to backflip.

Here's hoping regardless of the crowd or no crowd, the team gets up even if by a single point. The Demons' loss to Collingwood opens up a great opportunity.

Sep 26, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Just spoke with the club, emails to reserved seat members should go out this week for collection of signed jumpers. I can only assume non-seat members would then follow.

Apparently they were all set to go the week lockdown set in, so they had to hold off sending off the email.

Just spoke with the club, emails to reserved seat members should go out this week for collection of signed jumpers. I can only assume non-seat members would then follow.

Apparently they were all set to go the week lockdown set in, so they had to hold off sending off the email.
Signed guerneys were only going to certain categories of members

- social club, Fred Flanagan and reserved seat holders

Wonder how that’ll work

Clubs would have the names and addresses of members, so would have to match that criteria to be considered -probably also be ID checks at the gate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
I'd assume the 7000 will work the same as the first few games down here where you just input your barcodes to redeem a ticket

As long as they can reject any tied to a metro address it should work, just got to be in quick

Sep 26, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I think no matter what the club chooses to do they'll get criticised, despite they're also the victims here. On the news tonight Cook stated some fans are better than none, but the club will lose around $800,000 thanks to this restriction. This doesn't include the money a home game also brings to Geelong businesses pre and post-game.

The "fairest" thing they can arguably do is cut up the 7000 into pieces, and say "right seated members, you've got access to 3000, regular members 2500, general supporters, 1500". Here are the staggered "on sale" times. etc etc

If they're clever they need to work through the night, email & text members, and do it tomorrow and or Friday morning at the very latest.

Either way you look at it, it's a sh*tshow courtesy of bureaucrats that can't make pragmatic decisions with the information at hand. So much for a circuit breaker.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
So what kind of compensation can I expect now that my membership has decreased in value by a game, an equivalent refund, a voucher or the more likely option that club simply ignores its members and does nothing.
Or you're so chuffed with the fantastic journey the club has taken us on over a decade or more you show your 'thanks' by sticking with it during tough economic times for it.

I think no matter what the club chooses to do they'll get criticised, despite they're also the victims here. On the news tonight Cook stated some fans are better than none, but the club will lose around $800,000 thanks to this restriction. This doesn't include the money a home game also brings to Geelong businesses pre and post-game.

The "fairest" thing they can arguably do is cut up the 7000 into pieces, and say "right seated members, you've got access to 3000, regular members 2500, general supporters, 1500". Here are the staggered "on sale" times. etc etc

If they're clever they need to work through the night, email & text members, and do it tomorrow and or Friday morning at the very latest.

Either way you look at it, it's a sh*tshow courtesy of bureaucrats that can't make pragmatic decisions with the information at hand. So much for a circuit breaker.
They're probably also working with the Bulldogs to see how many of their members fit the criteria because the 7000 tickets is meant to cover their members who live in the eligible areas also

Might also be a case of working out if it's feasible to run any corporate function/s as that may bring in some money

And then how to break down the seating arrangements and which stands they'll open because I doubt it'll be 7000 crowd spread across the whole stadium and instead I think they'll likely keep at least one stand or sections of stands closed

Sep 26, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
They're probably also working with the Bulldogs to see how many of their members fit the criteria because the 7000 tickets is meant to cover their members who live in the eligible areas also

Yeah I thought of that after my post...terrible for yet another "game of the season". I think the AFL should count itself lucky it managed to fill the MCG for the ANZAC Day clash.

Sep 26, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
admission should be based on how many beers and pies you pledge to buy.....

I went to the Gold Coast game and was furious to yet again find the food and bar section behind our seats (top level of players stand adjacent to premiership stand) to closed the entire game.

This is not a "covid" thing as this has been happening well before the pandemic. Stand was full, and whenever they ARE open the lines are long, so it's not like they don't make money. I would love to meet the people who get to make that decision.

I went to the Gold Coast game and was furious to yet again find the food and bar section behind our seats (top level of players stand adjacent to premiership stand) to closed the entire game.

This is not a "covid" thing as this has been happening well before the pandemic. Stand was full, and whenever they ARE open the lines are long, so it's not like they don't make money. I would love to meet the people who get to make that decision.

I think that's on the Kardinia Park Trust...

I was job hunting earlier in the year and saw more than a few jobs advertised where the employer was KP Trust - I think most were casual roles, be it things like gate attendants, food & beverage attendants etc and working match days

Those who make the decision in regards to things such as food & beverage venues aren't necessarily the smartest and clearly haven't learnt - a few years ago I went to the first Melbourne Victory match at KP, this was summer and it happened to be on a 30+ day. I know they had the Brownlow Stand & Premiership Stands open and possibly the Players Stand; there was 5000+ in attendance but barely any food & beverage outlets open. Pretty sure that things like water hadn't necessarily been put into the fridges before the match

At halftime when people wanted to buy drinks/food etc, a good number of people (myself included) scanned out of the stadium to go to the various servos in the area to buy cold water because we could actually get cold water and service quicker than if we lined up at the limited in stadium options

It can be super frustrating with how little thought goes into some of the match day stadium decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back