Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL may be slow in releasing the fixture for next season, the opening round is being reported online

First up we'll be heading to Adelaide for a match against this year's wooden spooners - a bit surprised as I was thinking we'd be heading to Sydney to face the Giants

Our full fixture:

Geelong 2021 AFL Fixture
R1 v Adelaide Crows (AO) Saturday March 20 at 4.35pm AEDT
R2 v Brisbane Lions (GMHBA) Friday March 26 at 7.20pm AEDT
R3 v Hawthorn (MCG) Easter Monday April 5 at 4.20pm AEDT
R4 v Melbourne (MCG) Sunday April 11 at 4.20pm AEDT
R5 v North Melbourne (GMHBA) Sunday April 18 at 5.40pm AEDT
R6 v West Coast Eagles (GMHBA) Saturday April 24 at 2.45pm AEDT
R7 v Sydney Swans (SCG)
R8 v Richmond (MCG)
R9 v St Kilda (Marvel)
R10 v Gold Coast (GMHBA)
R11 v Collingwood (MCG)
R12 - BYE
R13 v Port Adelaide (AO)
R14 v Western Bulldogs (GMHBA)
R15 v Brisbane Lions (Gabba)
R16 v Essendon (GMHBA)
R17 v Carlton (MCG)
R18 v Fremantle Dockers (Optus)
R19 v Richmond (MCG)
R20 v North Melbourne (Blundstone)
R21 v GWS Giants (GMHBA)
R22 v St Kilda (GMHBA)
R23 v Melbourne (GMHBA)

Last edited:
The heading should be 2021 fixture... yeah??
Cheers - I'm blaming that on being tired, as I was meant to be headed to bed but instead got sidetracked

Updated now

The AFL may be slow in releasing the fixture for next season, the opening round is being reported online

First up we'll be heading to Adelaide for a match against this year's wooden spooners - a bit surprised as I was thinking we'd be heading to Sydney to face the Giants

YES! A round 1 game i can attend for once!

Keen as

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I think the AFL have come up with a pretty good round 1 match of games

4 of them are 50/50 in my opinion Magpies v Bulldogs - Giants and Saints and Demons v Freo

Also Hawks v Dons another toss of the coin ( and forget about Geel - proper Haw supporters hate Ess (and for that matter Carlton as well ) a hell of alot more than they hate the Cats

Tigers v Blues - had to be the traditional opener ( given the crowd size - and the badly needed money that generates ) - only hope Blues have got is a round 1 upset - they wont beat them later in the year when Rich are firing on all cylinders

Nth v Port and Ade v Geel - id rate them together - youd expect the away teams to win - however could be a round 1 upset

Only 2 games where youd think would be certain winners are Eagles at home over Suns and ditto Lions at home over Swans

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Really didn't like this idea when I first saw the fixture, as I saw embarrassing upset written all over it. However, I now find myself coming around to the fact that it's not too bad a draw at all, really.

Gets an interstate trip out of the way straight off the top. Against an opponent that has just finished last, and must still have a long way to go to actually become a good team. Also means we may be somewhat more likely to get them again at home later in the season, which would only be a good thing in terms of our draw. And may mean we don't get Port over there as well, which is likely to be a very tough match-up again next year.

In the end, if we drop this one, we'll have nobody to blame but ourselves. And an interstate win to start the season could actually set us up quite nicely.

So, on second thought, roll on March 20...

Last edited:

Virus

I’m pretty good looking
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
I only like one of our repeat fixtures
627C08ED-32EE-4BE8-A2F3-A5BF4AFD4556.jpeg

Pal22

All Australian
Jan 3, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting fixture - from the look of it home games are split 9/2 between GMHBA and the MCG

Doubles ups are - Brisbane, Melbourne, St Kilda, Richmond and North Melbourne
9 home games in Geelong (including the last 3 in a row heading in to finals) - Brisbane, Nth Melbourne, West Coast, Gold Coast, Bulldogs, Essendon, St Kilda, GWS and Melbourne are the opponents
2 MCG "Home games" - Hawthorn (Easter Monday) and Richmond
6 Interstate trips - including North Melbourne down in Hobart (2 in Adelaide, 1 Sydney, 1 Brisbane, 1 Perth and 1 Hobart)
16 games in VIC - 9 in Geelong, 6 at the MCG and once again just 1 game at Marvel

Does our round 16 fixture mean that the country game is actually going to be played in a regional town next season?

And is our preseason fixture against Essendon at GMHBA something of a warm-up match for them to get used to the ground?

I've updated the OP, but for those reading new posts & not scrolling up

Geelong 2021 AFL Fixture
R1 v Adelaide Crows (AO) Saturday March 20 at 4.35pm AEDT
R2 v Brisbane Lions (GMHBA) Friday March 26 at 7.20pm AEDT
R3 v Hawthorn (MCG) Easter Monday April 5 at 4.20pm AEDT
R4 v Melbourne (MCG) Sunday April 11 at 4.20pm AEDT
R5 v North Melbourne (GMHBA) Sunday April 18 at 5.40pm AEDT
R6 v West Coast Eagles (GMHBA) Saturday April 24 at 2.45pm AEDT
R7 v Sydney Swans (SCG)
R8 v Richmond (MCG)
R9 v St Kilda (Marvel)
R10 v Gold Coast (GMHBA)
R11 v Collingwood (MCG)
R12 - BYE
R13 v Port Adelaide (AO)
R14 v Western Bulldogs (GMHBA)
R15 v Brisbane Lions (Gabba)
R16 v Essendon (GMHBA)
R17 v Carlton (MCG)
R18 v Fremantle Dockers (Optus)
R19 v Richmond (MCG)
R20 v North Melbourne (Blundstone)
R21 v GWS Giants (GMHBA)
R22 v St Kilda (GMHBA)
R23 v Melbourne (GMHBA)

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting fixture - from the look of it home games are split 9/2 between GMHBA and the MCG

Doubles ups are - Brisbane, Melbourne, St Kilda, Richmond and North Melbourne
9 home games in Geelong (including the last 3 in a row heading in to finals) - Brisbane, Nth Melbourne, West Coast, Gold Coast, Bulldogs, Essendon, St Kilda, GWS and Melbourne are the opponents
2 MCG "Home games" - Hawthorn (Easter Monday) and Richmond
6 Interstate trips - including North Melbourne down in Hobart (2 in Adelaide, 1 Sydney, 1 Brisbane, 1 Perth and 1 Hobart)
16 games in VIC - 9 in Geelong, 6 at the MCG and once again just 1 game at Marvel

I hate GMHBA games in the lead up to non-GMHBA finals, but....don't mind all the rest .

PzBlinky

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty good fixture all things considered. A couple of observations...

1. Didn't Port get the free win against us in 2019? Surely the AFL could be a bit more considerate and share it around.

2. Relegated to playing Geelong at Kardinia = Essendon, you officially suck.

3. I don't like our chances pipping the Tiges away, but I'm confident home ground advantage will get us over the line in the return bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back