Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my ticket, sitting ground level a couple of bays around from normal

I had the option of level N/first level, but I'm used to sitting ground level and opted to stay with that

I may have shifted focus from the first aid instructor and asthma training to ensure I got my ticket
[/QUOTE
Got level 2- had to pay $48 on top of my membership to sit there. Said there were none available even on level 4. Hard to believe of course.
Happy though to pay extra just for this week as return to the g ( and a crook family member who will be happier on that level)

I called the membership team on Monday to see where my membership pack was. Although they could see the emails asking about my 'upgrade' to an interstate membership (reward for paying up last year) I was then informed that my membership had been cancelled at the beginning of the season.
So I had to buy a new one. Didn't really want to pay extra to have them send me out a hat.
My wife saw the emails about having getting a membership for a free ticket to the Easter Monday game and took one out last week. She logged in yesterday to reserve her ticket and was charged an additional $38 for the pleasure, regardless of where she was happy to sit. She tried to call them to check what was going on, and was hung up on 4 times.
Not sure whats going on with the membership system at the moment, but its definitely clunky and not terribly member friendly.

Is there anywhere that would tell us how many tickets have been sold for Monday?

I’m assuming there will still be plenty available today in Gen Admin sales? I’ve got a membership, but a couple of friends I want to sit with don’t.

She logged in yesterday to reserve her ticket and was charged an additional $38 for the pleasure
Pretty sure it's only free if your membership gives you a reserved seat at the G. Most members won't have this so have to pay to upgrade.

Im not a reserved seat holder for any venue at all and I got M2 for free.
Interesting. My 11 game Cats membership (which has reserved seats at Geelong) only came up with $38 seats (M55), but my AFL membership came up with $0 seats.

On the mainboard, I know that Hawthorn supporters should be getting $0 tickets because it's a replacement game but only being offered $80 tickets. Not sure wtf is going on, but it could be a light crowd on Monday.

Interesting. My 11 game Cats membership (which has reserved seats at Geelong) only came up with $38 seats (M55), but my AFL membership came up with $0 seats.

On the mainboard, I know that Hawthorn supporters should be getting $0 tickets because it's a replacement game but only being offered $80 tickets. Not sure wtf is going on, but it could be a light crowd on Monday.

Did you click on "Best available" or did you click on "GA seating"

Cause i did the latter.

This is the membership she bought though, because of this email. Pretty misleading if they really meant 'add another $38 after buying this membership'
Ah yea gotcha. Didn't realise the cats were selling a specific membership to get people to go to the game on Monday but guess that makes sense. Plenty of empty seats still to fill. Yea deffo shouldn't have been charged for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the following is referencing tonight's a-league match, but take it as a heads-up ahead of Mondays match as the MCG comes under the Ticketek group and never know what s**t may happen Monday

If you have a way of saving your ticket/s to your phone such as Apple Wallet, or equivalent on Android phones (guessing they have similar), alternatively an option may be to take a screenshot as proof of photo

No more info regarding the crowd on mcg.org

What is it top secret or something as to how many tickets have been sold?
Seen stuff the last couple of days of tickets still being available

Looking at crowd numbers in Vic, it seems that the push to increase attendance at AFL games is more so coming from the AFL themselves without necessarily having the public support or push for increased crowds at this stage

So far this season, even with the increased capacity introduced for round 2, the latest crowed at a Melbourne match is just under 52k for the Carlton vs Collingwood match in round 2

Looking at crowd numbers in Vic, it seems that the push to increase attendance at AFL games is more so coming from the AFL themselves without necessarily having the public support or push for increased crowds at this stage

So far this season, even with the increased capacity introduced for round 2, the latest crowed at a Melbourne match is just under 52k for the Carlton vs Collingwood match in round 2

There will be many who won’t be interested in being in big crowds until most of us are fully vaccinated. The fact that we have 50k going is pretty amazing.

Think the major push from the AFL is to try and get it back to normal asap. People aren't buying tickets because they don't want a reserved seat. They just want GA and to make a last minute decision.

I love the (free) res seat.

No stress re. where you're sitting... only issue would be entry into the ground.

There's going to be this optimal window to get into the grounds where you are maybe a bit too early but it's easy to get into, whereas if even 5 minutes later to arrive at the ground it may be half hour process

There's going to be this optimal window to get into the grounds where you are maybe a bit too early but it's easy to get into, whereas if even 5 minutes later to arrive at the ground it may be half hour process

Half an hour would be acceptable imho.

Anything longer * off.

I think im going to aim to leave the bar no later than 2pm.

Think the major push from the AFL is to try and get it back to normal asap. People aren't buying tickets because they don't want a reserved seat. They just want GA and to make a last minute decision.
And not sure we're going to get real GA access this year

I've not long received my email for access to next weeks match versus Melbourne - as I'm an away member I get free access next week, but have to select the 'general admission' ticket option, which will no doubt still be a reserved seat

Half an hour would be acceptable imho.

Anything longer fu** off.

I think im going to aim to leave the bar no later than 2pm.

I was thinking similar - 2pm, with 2:15 the latest I'd push it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back