Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I looked up M28.

It's weird, says I am to go thru Gate 1. But it looks like M28 is AFL members. :confusedv1:

I am not an AFL member.
Nah nah it's a bit weird. Some of the AFL members seats can be sectioned off to increase the general reserve capacity (same as the MCC, the seats on the ponsford stand side can be either if need be). You can access M28 from both Gate 1 and Gate 7.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Let's be real. If you were at any risk, they'd have no one at the game, no one on public transport, no one in the city. No one is wearing masks anymore, no one is socially distancing in night clubs or bars. The MCG/AFL would have 100% capacity if the government would let them. They don't care about the virus because it's not in the community nor a risk to their operations in Victoria currently. Sections being closed is like always, a matter of money, like most things are in the world.
It’s not the point though mate
My point is they keep saying and showing pictures of a bloody cricket bat on the screen and tell us to stay that far away from others.
Yet they sit us in full sections with sections empty.

Nah nah it's a bit weird. Some of the AFL members seats can be sectioned off to increase the general reserve capacity (same as the MCC, the seats on the ponsford stand side can be either if need be). You can access M28 from both Gate 1 and Gate 7.

Cheers. I've never sat in this area before, had no idea.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Cheers. I've never sat in this area before, had no idea.
It's right underneath the scoreboard on lvl1 (the most right bay with red seats), was rebuilt as part of the 2004-2006 northern stand rebuild.

1617784354444.png

It’s not the point though mate
My point is they keep saying and showing pictures of a bloody cricket bat on the screen and tell us to stay that far away from others.
Yet they sit us in full sections with sections empty.
Don't disagree. But those cricket bat statements, and the 75% capacity limitation are both part of the vic gov covid safe plan regulations. The MCG doesn't do them for a bit of a giggle out the back in the coffee room.

Attachments

• 1617784299419.png
    1617784299419.png
    859.9 KB · Views: 37
Info regarding our next couple of home matches:

GEELONG Cats members will have to redeem tickets early next week to attend their club’s next home game against North Melbourne.

The adapted ticketing measures mean reserved seat holders again have little chance of sitting in the seat they purchased at GMHBA Stadium for the season.

The Cats confirmed this week tickets for the round 5 match on Sunday April 18 would be distributed in similar fashion to round 2 when the Cats played Brisbane at home.

It also looks likely those same measures will be replicated when Geelong hosts West Coast in round 6, just six days after the North Melbourne game...

...Cats members with reserved seats or social club privileges will be invited to redeem tickets for the match online via Ticketmaster from 10am Monday (April 12).

Other members will get their chance from 10am Tuesday, and general admission tickets will be sold from 3pm Tuesday.

Under present COVID-19 restrictions, GMHBA Stadium is limited to 75 per cent of its normal capacity, meaning a cap of almost 28,000 for Cats home games.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Info regarding our next couple of home matches:
Until we get back to 100% this ain't gonna change. Sucks for those who really like their seats, but not much that can realistically be done any differently.

Round seven
Saturday, May 1
Sydney v Geelong at the SCG, 7.25pm AEST

Round eight
Friday, May 7
Richmond v Geelong at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST
Both these games on Ch7 in VIC is a great result.

Until we get back to 100% this ain't gonna change. Sucks for those who really like their seats, but not much that can realistically be done any differently.

Both these games on Ch7 in VIC is a great result.
I remember with our match against Brisbane reading of people not happy/complaining with where they were able to get seats - wondering if this from the club is in response to that issue

Please note, to be able to sit in your normal stand you can only enter barcodes for members who also sit in the same stand as you. If you try and book with members from other stands you will be allocated next available seating from around the stadium.

I got somewhat lucky last match, the seat I got was like 6-10 seats to the right of where I normal sit; so not exactly my usual seat but extremely close. And as much as I'd love to be sitting in my usual seat with the usual peeps around me, I'm just really happy to be getting back out there and attending matches after not going to live sport for the best part of 300 days

Sep 26, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
how did folks go this morning with tickets?

Currently struggling to get covered seats, missed the 10am as it's been a mad return to work today. Quite over this, will not be renewing reserved seats again next year if these rules need to remain in place.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
how did folks go this morning with tickets?

Great, had tickets secured by 10.02 in the same bay I sat in for the Brisbane game. I normally sit on the upper level of the Hickey Stand but have been on the ground level this season.

I joined the queue at 9:30 and then when 10am came around was told I had 800+ in front of me. It only took a few minutes to get through them but then nothing happened. After a while I clicked on the “Are you a member?” bit which allowed me to enter barcodes. Got tickets roughly where I hoped in the Brownlow but geez this system is a drag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I joined the queue at 9:30 and then when 10am came around was told I had 800+ in front of me. It only took a few minutes to get through them but then nothing happened. After a while I clicked on the “Are you a member?” bit which allowed me to enter barcodes. Got tickets roughly where I hoped in the Brownlow but geez this system is a drag.

I swear that part came up before getting in the queue last time

I again went with the computer open to the page, then opened my phone & lastly my iPad - like last time the iPad got through first, so not too sure how accurate the queue system is...

Great, had tickets secured by 10.02 in the same bay I sat in for the Brisbane game. I normally sit on the upper level of the Hickey Stand but have been on the ground level this season.

I kept flipping in & out of my ticket to see where else I could get - it was either the bay beside where I normally sit but further back or the other side of the Players Stand but a couple of rows in front

I ended up going with the bay on the other side of the Players Stand, going for a different view & hoping the weather is nice

I swear that part came up before getting in the queue last time

I again went with the computer open to the page, then opened my phone & lastly my iPad - like last time the iPad got through first, so not too sure how accurate the queue system is...
Yeah I definitely didn’t have to click it last time after the queue. Frustrating!

A ticketing data collection trial will take place across two matches in round five to assist in getting back to 100 per cent capacity for matches in Victoria.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Got tickets to the game with my AFL membership which is remarkable because will normally cannot get them.
Being a Priority 2 along with normal Geelong members actually works in our favor.
One trick I learnt today is I clicked on best seats available and was going to be $60 per seat.
If you hold down that button “best seats available” it actually gave me an option of where I wanted to sit and I could choose general admission tickets for free.
Just thought I’d share that in case it helps someone else

Last edited:
Kinda frustrated and curious with how they determine which gate we're meant to use - my ticket had gate 8 for entry today but I'm sitting Bay 14 which is directly across from gate 5

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Kinda frustrated and curious with how they determine which gate we're meant to use - my ticket had gate 8 for entry today but I'm sitting Bay 14 which is directly across from gate 5
Pretty sure they try to use Gate 5 for the Reg Hickey stand as part of the covid zones but it's not enforced well.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone else notice that "buying" tickets today it forced you to provide the name and mobile of others (assuming you were buying on behalf of a group of members)?
As long as you’re logged in, all the tickets still show up in your account. I just filled out my name and number all 6 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back