Jemaine

All Australian
Mar 17, 2009
Inner City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toothbrush Jars & Camera Phones
I pumped 2 reserve seats worth last year. Same again this year.
Never sat in them.
My choice so that’s on me.
However, I’ll happily wait till sept to get the full squad signed in the jumper if that’s what it takes. I get the logistics of time to complete that.
But to change it to a single signature. Cmon really!?
Go Catters
My understanding was that it was always a single signature, no issue with that but the suggestion was that we would be able to choose.

Now saying that it's completely random and that we have to be there in person in Geelong for one of two midweek windows to pick them up? They're having a laugh.

Can you contact them and see if they can post the items out - wondering the collection of items is more around the bottle of wine rather than guernsey

My email yesterday was an update on the signed guernseys, that process is underway and wait for contact in the coming months regarding collection - looks like they're doing the guernseys in groups

Are they seriously taking the piss? We drop a grand for nothing last year and they can't be bothered chucking a jumper into an envelope to send it out?

There are many, many Cats fans who don't live in Geelong; the disregard for those members by the club is astonishing. Hopefully all of you in the same position have let the club know about it today.

Add to that after the excitement that at least I would have a signed #26 jumper framed up in my garage, there's a chance that if I ever do get my jumper that it could be a Zuthrie or Constable ilk?

Also the $50 Cats shop vouchers went to most people's junk mails last year and expired before they could be used. The Club still don't know when the 'Special Social Club Exclusive Event' will happen. No doubt at 2pm on a Tuesday or something.

Pathetic to be honest, absolutely dropped the ball on this.
Absolutely atrocious but sadly entirely predictable from this mob. They really do treat us with disdain.

My understanding was that it was always a single signature, no issue with that but the suggestion was that we would be able to choose.

Now saying that it's completely random and that we have to be there in person in Geelong for one of two midweek windows to pick them up? They're having a laugh.
Yeah ... ill be having words about that one

GO CAtters

Sep 26, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Are they seriously taking the piss? We drop a grand for nothing last year and they can't be bothered chucking a jumper into an envelope to send it out?

Yeah I also found it odd that it was the first time in essentially a year, that they also threw in there that it seems it'll be randomly signed by a single Geelong player, and sizes will also be all over the shop with no option for swapping. Anyone else expect it was going to be a team-signed guernsey when first announced (May 2020) last year?
At that same time they had also spoken about: price freeze, a recognition pin, free upgrade on 2021 membership (for some member types), name listed on recognition wall....some of these also seem to have fallen through the cracks?

The image below is the email I got from the club last year - the recognition wall is the only thing I haven't seen info on

I'm not sure if it was just from reading the terms & conditions after receiving the email, but I was under the impression the guernsey was signed by a player rather than being signed by the whole team

The t&c's info regarding the guernseys:
Social Club members:
(vii) Signed guernsey will be issued one per Eligible Member household. Signed Guernsey collection will be communicated to Eligible Members via email for pick up at GMHBA Stadium, La Trobe Terrace, Geelong 3220. Guernsey will be signed by Geelong Cats player/s with each guernsey subject to availability. Available guernseys will be of different size and season. There will be no choice involved in distribution of guernseys as they will be allocated to Eligible Members’ household on a random basis.

Fred Flanagan members:
(vii) Signed guernsey will be issued one per Eligible Member household. Signed Guernsey collection will be communicated to Eligible Members via email for pick up at GMHBA Stadium, La Trobe Terrace, Geelong 3220. Guernsey will be signed by Geelong Cats player/s with each guernsey subject to availability. Available guernseys will be of different sizes and seasons. There will be no choice involved in distribution of the guernseys and they will be allocated to Eligible Members’ household on a random basis

Reserved Seat members:
(vii) Signed guernsey will be issued one per Eligible Member household. Signed Guernsey collection will be communicated to Eligible Members via email for pick up at GMHBA Stadium, La Trobe Terrace, Geelong 3220. Guernseys will be signed by Geelong Cats player/s with each guernsey potentially being different (size, season, make). Member’s choice in terms of guernsey size, season & make will be taken into account but not guaranteed

1619608195297.jpeg

Rounds 11 & 12 now released - Collingwood is going that s**t this year that we are playing them in the early slot on a Saturday afternoon

ROUND 11 (All times AEST)

Friday, May 28
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, (1.45pm)

Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney, Gabba, (2.10pm)
St Kilda v North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, (4.35pm)
Gold Coast v Hawthorn, TIO Stadium, (7.40pm)
West Coast v Essendon, Optus Stadium, (7.40pm)

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide, MCG, (1.10pm)
Sydney v Carlton, SCG, (3.20pm)
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, (4.40pm)

ROUND 12 (All times AEST)

Friday, June 4
Melbourne v Brisbane, TIO Traeger Park, (7.50pm)

Saturday, June 5
St Kilda v Sydney, Marvel Stadium, (1.45pm)
Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval, (4.35pm)
Essendon v Richmond, MCG, (7.25pm)

Sunday, June 6
Carlton v West Coast, MCG, (3.20pm)
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium, (6.40pm)

Byes: Geelong, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide

So we don’t get a members scarf mailed out this year, can collect only at the cats shop or have to pay $6 postage fee, utter rubbish
I ahd to apy 6 for my Members pack and cap.

Now granted most Internatioal packages are 20+ - i got a win here

When it comes time to collect the 2020 signed members jumper.. watch me get totally ****ed

GO Catters

Jose_Reyes

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
anyone know how many tickets per cats barcode for gee v rich? if so, when can we book tickets for friday night? (noting it is an away game, is there any option for cats barcodes to work?)

RE tickets for this weekend

ROUND 8 RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS - MEMBER ON SALE
Away Club Members from Wednesday 5 May 10am-12pm – Geelong Cats Away game access members.

Members without away game access & General Public from Wednesday 5 May 1pm

Tickets via Ticketek HERE

As part of an enhanced effort to support contract tracing, a name and mobile number must be supplied for every ticket that is purchased or redeem. For juniors and dependents without a mobile phone, a parent or guardian may supply their number instead.

The ticket transaction limit has increased from a maximum of 6 to 10 tickets per booking. So you can enter up to 10 member barcodes per booking or purchase additional non members tickets up to a limit of 10.

Do you know how many tickets per membership for cats members with no away access?

I would assume that if you don't have away access with you're membership it would be a case of buying from the general public allocation - not too sure sorry

Think I just got my best every reserved seat for a match at the MCG - row C, which I'm very happy to take and crossing fingers it's not going to rain

Info regarding the updated seating arrangements for future home games:

GMHBA Stadium will be able to increase to 85% capacity and reserved seat holders will be able to sit in their purchased seat from Round 10, the AFL has announced.

Starting at the game against the Suns on May 22nd, over 30,000 patrons will be able to redeem or purchase tickets for the game.

Over the last few weeks the AFL has worked with the authorised ticketing agents Ticketek and Ticketmaster, along with the venues and Victoria State Government to reconfigure the current seating arrangements.

To comply with government approved COVID Safe measures Reserve Seat Members will be able to download a digital membership card from their club to use on their smart phone – much like adding an airplane ticket to the phone’s digital wallet.

Once they arrive at the match, members will enter through the designated gate on their digital membership cards, scan in and head to their normal reserved seat/s.

In the coming days the Cats will communicate with their members via members with a step-by-step guide on how to access their digital membership.

For General Admission Members and the General Public, fans will still need to register for a ticket via the authorised ticket agent – Ticketek or Ticketmaster – to ensure their details are registered to attend the match.

On-sales for both Rounds 9 and 10 will begin on Tuesday May 11 for AFL Members and Home Club Members and Wednesday May 12 for Away Club Members and General Public.

Info regarding the updated seating arrangements for future home games:

GMHBA Stadium will be able to increase to 85% capacity and reserved seat holders will be able to sit in their purchased seat from Round 10, the AFL has announced.

Starting at the game against the Suns on May 22nd, over 30,000 patrons will be able to redeem or purchase tickets for the game.

Over the last few weeks the AFL has worked with the authorised ticketing agents Ticketek and Ticketmaster, along with the venues and Victoria State Government to reconfigure the current seating arrangements.

To comply with government approved COVID Safe measures Reserve Seat Members will be able to download a digital membership card from their club to use on their smart phone – much like adding an airplane ticket to the phone’s digital wallet.

Once they arrive at the match, members will enter through the designated gate on their digital membership cards, scan in and head to their normal reserved seat/s.

In the coming days the Cats will communicate with their members via members with a step-by-step guide on how to access their digital membership.

For General Admission Members and the General Public, fans will still need to register for a ticket via the authorised ticket agent – Ticketek or Ticketmaster – to ensure their details are registered to attend the match.

On-sales for both Rounds 9 and 10 will begin on Tuesday May 11 for AFL Members and Home Club Members and Wednesday May 12 for Away Club Members and General Public.

Sweet!!

Now I can get other people to sit in my reserved seats !

Woo hoo!!

Hey Alan Joyce and Sco Mo.... hows about a few non business class flights and some fully vaccinated credits for those overseas Aussies you luv so much...

Sorry wrong thread... my bad.

GO Catters

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
A bit of info I'd like to share which may help people moving forward with tickets and Ticketek. I purchased three tickets with my away game access on Wednesday. Row J, seats 1-3. I kept seat 1 for myself and then did the 'ticket share' option via the app and forwarded on seats 2 and 3 to my two brothers.

We get to the ground and I scanned in with my barcode (seat 1) and my other brother got in with his barcode I'd sent him via ticket share (seat 2). Then came the big drama. My other brother with the seat 3 barcode couldn't scan in (incidentally a Tigers supporter!). I went over to see what the issue was and it said he was already in the venue. I looked at his barcode on his phone and it had duplicated my seat 1. He also had seat 1. Seat 3 had disappeared and when I logged in to the Ticketek app, it had completely disappeared and did not even seem to exist. Our barcodes were now identical and if he'd scanned in first, I would have been denied entry.

I then scanned out of the venue to help him and we went to the Ticketek window outside of the ground. The very helpful lady when I explained the situation to her, and when she looked at my account ticket purchase history, suggested a couple of things, and then forwarded on some links to our phone, but it didn't work initially.

She then just said to delete the Ticketek app on our phones and she would then just print off the tickets, like the days of old.

He was then able to scan in the venue with the ticket she printed. I then asked her how this could happen and she just shook her head and said "good old technology". She also strongly advised not to use the ticket share option, rather just take a screen shot and then forward on to other people via text or social media etc. I then said that's all well and good, but maybe Ticketek need to remove that option if it has these types of issues. She agreed. The lady was fantastic, but this is just another example of Ticketek issues..

So long story short, NEVER USE THE TICKET SHARE OPTION. EVER.

Hopefully this helps someone on here and prevents this happening to someone else. It was quite frustrating and time consuming and I wasn't sure the three of us would get in at one point. Not to mention we had to go to the back of the queue and line up again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back