Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the MCG/Marvel games too which, as an MCC member, is about as useful for me as a jacuzzi on my push bike.

Really crap effort Cats.

I’m an AFL member, MCG/Marvel access is completely useless to me too as it’s already covered by my existing membership.

Would have preferred a choice of other options like a Cats Shop voucher or food/beverage voucher for GHMBA, which I would actually use.

I got the MCG/Marvel games too which, as an MCC member, is about as useful for me as a jacuzzi on my push bike.

Really crap effort Cats.
Oh yay a price freeze real ******* great.

How about I just do not renew. Now THATS a price freeze

Apparently if you ask for a credit on your reserved seat you forgo the free upgrade. So they get you one way or another. Also, nice of them to make this information public.

Pretty devious behaviour, but not the least bit surprising considering the way we get treated. I'm hoping Steve Hocking addresses this area going forward, but I guess that will be dependent on the responses to the recent member survey.

On a side note, I got an email update on the signed jumper fiasco. There's been a delivery of new jumpers, but conveniently there's no players around to sign them. So it looks like something that we should have got in 2020, won't arrive until well into 2022. They're hoping we either forget or tell them to shove it.

Apparently if you ask for a credit on your reserved seat you forgo the free upgrade. So they get you one way or another. Also, nice of them to make this information public.
Which I am now going to have to call them about because despite being promised the credit back when i go to renew it is set at full price.

So it looks like something that we should have got in 2020, won't arrive until well into 2022. They're hoping we either forget or tell them to shove it.

...not to mention it's a single player, possibly someone barely on the list (or maybe even now delisted or traded), and a size of no use.
You think they were giving away match day Sherrins signed by a flag-winning squad.

Meanwhile I've still yet to get any emails from the club about 2022.

Well the "Have your say to WIN a signed footy" survey was underwhelming. I think we might need a new thread to discuss all things membership and ticketing related?

Well the "Have your say to WIN a signed footy" survey was underwhelming. I think we might need a new thread to discuss all things membership and ticketing related?

I quit after the first question, "rank your five favourite players". Meh the club has turned into a marketing organisation more than a footy club.

Just wanna find out which players they can flog the most merch of. I remember when we landed Paddy, instant emails flogging Paddy merch.

I quit after the first question, "rank your five favourite players". Meh the club has turned into a marketing organisation more than a footy club.

Just wanna find out which players they can flog the most merch of. I remember when we landed Paddy, instant emails flogging Paddy merch.

Nah you should do it.

I filled in just random bs answers at the beginning (re. fave players) but then there's questions you can answer yourself.

eg. "What are 3 words would you use to describe the Geelong Brand"

My answer: "Safe, predictable, old"

and other stuff like -insert q here- my answer: Who cares how about rebuilding the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I filled in just random bs answers at the beginning (re. fave players) but then there's questions you can answer yourself.

I did the same. While I voted for the on-field gear logo (the one to the right on this board) I made a BIG deal about how the logo on the left from the late 80s early 90s is still our greatest AND the true cat, i.e. someone along the line in the past 10 years they forgot the Geelong cat (half-cat if you will) is BLACK, and black for a bloody good historical reason of the club. Considering our "luck" of the last decade I suggested they bring him back, we bloody need it.

This was mine:

As a loyal and dedicated member your 2022 Membership total includes a price freeze. This is a small way for us to thank you for staying Geelong Strong this year.

Afl membership has offered a 30% discount for 2022 and I thought that wasn’t enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called up the club to change our membership details before the renewal goes through. Due to moving away from the Geelong region have downgraded from membership with reserve seat, to three game membership. I was asked if the change was just because of the move. We are not ones to change membership levels just because a coach has had his contract renewed. Going to the footy is what we do. People at the club come and go. I did think it was interesting they asked though.

Called up the club to change our membership details before the renewal goes through. Due to moving away from the Geelong region have downgraded from membership with reserve seat, to three game membership. I was asked if the change was just because of the move. We are not ones to change membership levels just because a coach has had his contract renewed. Going to the footy is what we do. People at the club come and go. I did think it was interesting they asked though.
They may have also asked due to covid restrictions from the past 18 months, lack of football with crowds in Geelong and there may be those rolling back their memberships until such time they're confident that football will crowds will be a go for a full season without interruptions

They may have also asked due to covid restrictions from the past 18 months, lack of football with crowds in Geelong and there may be those rolling back their memberships until such time they're confident that football will crowds will be a go for a full season without interruptions
Yes I did think about that too. I ended up taking a AFLW membership again. I have supported them from the first season and tried to go to home games. Having had a daughter who played footy for several seasons I'm pleased to see how far women's footy has come in recent years.

Just received renewal notice for reserved seat:

36512461-D584-4BBB-B956-845670D0A2AA.jpeg

Hmm, no free membership upgrade here.

All I got was the "price freeze". They state: "As a loyal and dedicated member your 2022 Membership total includes a price freeze. This is a small way for us to thank you for staying Geelong Strong this year. "

I'll say it's small. Two seasons now there was bugger all use of my seat and membership, and that of my kids and family. Think I'll call them up tomorrow and ask what gives.

Would be keen to know those who go this "upgrade" what membership and/or seating package you had previously?

Would be keen to know those who go this "upgrade" what membership and/or seating package you had previously?

I’m an AFL Member with a reserved seat at GHMBA.

Would be interested know how you go with the club, please keep us posted if you talk to them.

I’m an AFL Member with a reserved seat at GHMBA.

Would be interested know how you go with the club, please keep us posted if you talk to them.

Speaking with my father, seems he and my mother were offered this (or he believes it's the same). What I am guessing now is that as they're both Home members (with Reserved Seats), they've been offered at no cost what I pay for as a Home & Away member (with Reserved seat, but only at KP).

Now not to sound like a "me me me", but I wonder, so my folks are being thrown a H&A membership for the price of a Home one....yet I for years and years pay for it, plus both my kids since the day they were born (legit the day they were born, I signed them up), and yet I get a "enjoy your price freeze"?

Yeah, I'll be sure to update after I have my chat to them. My folks being based down near KP got to see at least some games....being based across the bay now we got the finger and told to stay out. The club and the league is well in its position to say to the VicGov "handout thanks". They gave millions to large businesses who've since confirmed they didn't need it, why not to the sports.

I'm amused the member's department asked a fellow member above if their decision was based around the coach. lol

Last edited:
Hey guys any idea if the memberships this year will revert back to the card format?

In 2022 access to Geelong Cats games will be via Mobile Membership. Your Membership card is now mobile and can be accessed via the Geelong Cats App on your smart phone.

Your Mobile Membership barcode will be available the week of each game. Further information will be communicated to members closer to the 2022 AFL season.

----

Think you'll find this is a league wide thing with a move to digital memberships - the following is from Richmond:

Will the club continue to be digital?
Yes! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, all venues across Australia will continue to be digital only-venues which means no membership cards or physical tickets can be used to access games.

There are also many other benefits including being able to adapt to fixture changes across the season and members no longer have to wait to receive their card before they can go to a game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back