News 2021 Season Review

Remove this Banner Ad

First off the mark is Gabby Seymour.

Gabby's improvement over the last 12 months has been simply phenomenal. If she can improve further it will open up a whole host of options for the team. Really rate her and I hope she realises how good she could be.

Ellie McKenzie.

Destined to be an AFLW star.

On the 19 of March 2020 I posted a thread titled "Should we just post a "Welcome to Tigerland Ellie McKenzie" thread now?" and my only mistake was not to post it earlier.

Monique Conti

Has played 4 seasons of AFLW and has just got better and better each year. Another youngster who is freakishly good now so imagine how good she'll be when she hits her prime in 4-5 years from now!

Last edited:

Harriet Cordner

Fabulous pickup from the Dees. I am glad she has enjoyed her first year at Tigerland because we have sure as hell enjoyed watching her in the Yellow and Black.

Katie Brennan

Fantastic season from the skip. Actually feel a bit sorry for her as the season is far too short for someone so fit and who was just getting better and better. Build into a season nicely and then it ends. Who knows, play another half a dozen games and we might have been talking about Katie's 2021 season for years to come. Stupid that pre-season training goes longer than the season proper.

Richmond Tigers

10th: 3 wins, 6 losses, 84.6%

Who they didn’t play: Adelaide, Fremantle, GWS Giants, St. Kilda

For the Tigers, they could really only improve after last season. And improve they did. Their lack of awareness and repeat efforts was the most prevalent problem in 2020—particularly when it came to the forward line—but this was certainly something they rectified.
Last year just seven Tigers kicked a goal—only three of which kicked more than one—and Courtney Wakefield led the pack with four. In 2021, nine Tigers goaled, and while this was the equal-fewest in the competition, six of these were multiple goal kickers.
This improved forward line saw Richmond’s scoring increase significantly, resulting in three wins for the season:

Richmond goal kickers-24.png

It wasn’t just in attack that the Tigers enjoyed improvement. Concerted recruiting in defence—combined with increased pressure up the field—saw them concede lower scores each week. Harriet Cordner and Sarah D’Arcy headed up this improvement:

Defensive duo-26.png

This saw them concede two goals fewer each week, from five fewer scoring shots:

Richmond Defence-27.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back