2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news coming from Thurgoona very quiet?
News is they were the only side that could train last week with Dan's snap lockdown. Signs are ominous, the TDFL is no Hume league when it comes to state politics. There will be rounds missed, possibly premature aborted season with how harsh Vic response has & will be.

News is they were the only side that could train last week with Dan's snap lockdown. Signs are ominous, the TDFL is no Hume league when it comes to state politics. There will be rounds missed, possibly premature aborted season with how harsh Vic response has & will be.
Could Thurgoona apply to join the Hume League similar to what Osborne did last year

Pretty sure this will be the case. Hopefully can at least get in 11 rounds through the year to get a fair ladder and maybe a crack at finals.

Disappointing decision by the TDFL to remove the overage permits from the Under 17 comp. My club has just had 4 kids who have done all pre-season just walk away from footy. Who wins from that?

Disappointing decision by the TDFL to remove the overage permits from the Under 17 comp. My club has just had 4 kids who have done all pre-season just walk away from footy. Who wins from that?
I have always thought the guy who handles the Tallangatta League at AFL headquarters in Wodonga was counter productive to kids playing football. I know a lot of clubs used to complain about having to have permit requests in by 5pm or miss out which doesn’t always work for people working on farms etc and having to work the night on the phones looking for kids to fill in.

My predictions for this week -
Kiewa to beat Thurgoona
Chiltern over Barny
Tallangatta win against Mitta
Wahgunyah over Rutherglen
Yack over dederang
Saints win against Beechworth

ladder predictions are -
Kiewa
Tallangatta
Chiltern
Barny
Thurgoona
Yack
Mitta
Dederang
Wahgunyah
Rutherglen
Saints
Beechworth

Kiewa
Tallangatta
Barny
Thurgoona
Mitta
Yack
Mitta
Chiltern
Saints
Beechworth
Dederang
Wahgunyah
Rutherglen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he did but back training now.
Well you can't say he is missing when he hasn't trained all year and hasn't played a game.
Keiwa had Thompson on 1 leg and Paton didn't even play out a half.
It was a good win at home for you blokes although I think Keiwa will beat you 9 times out of 10 at Sandy Creek when it matters..

Well you can't say he is missing when he hasn't trained all year and hasn't played a game.
Keiwa had Thompson on 1 leg and Paton didn't even play out a half.
It was a good win at home for you blokes although I think Keiwa will beat you 9 times out of 10 at Sandy Creek when it matters..
It’s fair to say both Kiewa and Chiltern have choked when it matters in recent years, time will tell. I think Chiltern don’t mind the underdog status, they’re unpredictable and play some decent footy then expectation builds and they crumble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back