2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I was wondering if they might do a cricket style top team wins thing, but that would

There is zero chance the league will have a plan in place. They’ll start off where we stopped, play finals as usual. This will affect the top 5 so basically the season will be heavily compromised

How would no group training, no games, play 1 round then into finals go? Or how would straight into finals go? Selection would be tough. Top 5 now locked in both grades? I think so.

How would no group training, no games, play 1 round then into finals go? Or how would straight into finals go? Selection would be tough. Top 5 now locked in both grades? I think so.
This lockdown really puts the season on a knife's edge. Likely no football for another 2 weeks, which leaves only 2 games left potentially. If it it extends to finals, then that will be interesting. Most teams will at least have no injuries. Huge advantage for you blokes in the 2's. Only finals team that gets to train possibly!

This lockdown really puts the season on a knife's edge. Likely no football for another 2 weeks, which leaves only 2 games left potentially. If it it extends to finals, then that will be interesting. Most teams will at least have no injuries. Huge advantage for you blokes in the 2's. Only finals team that gets to train possibly!
Country football is reliant on crowds, even more so in finals. Clubs share canteen & bar via a roster each year. Thousands at Sandy Creek wearing masks & socially distancing might be a stretch. A crowd cap wouldn't work. Is there a realistic outcome, or bring on 2022? Vic Covid numbers are still climbing, they take longer to decend along with restrictions.

Country football is reliant on crowds, even more so in finals. Clubs share canteen & bar via a roster each year. Thousands at Sandy Creek wearing masks & socially distancing might be a stretch. A crowd cap wouldn't work. Is there a realistic outcome, or bring on 2022? Vic Covid numbers are still climbing, they take longer to decend along with restrictions.
It's at least 2 more weeks before we play, and at least 2 more weeks after that before people can come. Going to be interesting. They'll play it with no crowds if need be, but personally I'd find it a bit hollow without crowds, but would still claim it!

Nearly all the VIC cases today were isolating for the entire time they were infectious. Hopefully Regional opens back up to how it was.

The seasons becoming a bit of a joke now. The Chiltern vs Barny game not going ahead and then we possibly miss two more matches, it’s just ****ed. Next will be no crowds and an important finals game canceled, then it’s all over.

The seasons becoming a bit of a joke now. The Chiltern vs Barny game not going ahead and then we possibly miss two more matches, it’s just f’ed. Next will be no crowds and an important finals game canceled, then it’s all over.
I disagree. The teams in the final 5 are pretty much set so it doesn’t really matter what games we play or don’t play leading into finals.
Top 3 is a different story but we just have to live with some things.
I am not so worried about who plays who or even who wins the flag. I just want to get out of the house and watch some footy and stop feeling so flat.

Have the league come out and said what their plan of attack is? Seems from the outside that nothing has been discussed.
Thoughts on going straight into finals series?

Have the league come out and said what their plan of attack is? Seems from the outside that nothing has been discussed.
Thoughts on going straight into finals series?
Haven't heard a thing, maybe they're just hoping for the best? 4 weeks of finals without restrictions seems a stretch at this point. Hope I'm wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why netball is going ahead and not football?
I heard the clubs wanted to play but the league football committee voted against it. Players were prepared to forfeit match payments.
The netball have a separate committee. Good on them for having a crack.

I heard the clubs wanted to play but the league football committee voted against it. Players were prepared to forfeit match payments.
The netball have a separate committee. Good on them for having a crack.
Checks weather, partly cloudy and 17. Yep, we should have played.

What are the chances of footy this weekend?
If anything it’s harder to play this weekend with new restrictions

The last two games are being played with out crowds, you can still cross the border to play with a sporting club. Hopefully things settle down and we can get a decent crowd for the finals, wouldn’t be the same with an empty car park.

Clubs need time to train and prepare for games going off the meeting last week. Teams are going to be going in with no games for at least 6 weeks. Will be an ugly finals series.
I think they should have taken the opportunity to play last weekend. Might come back to hurt them

Clubs need time to train and prepare for games going off the meeting last week. Teams are going to be going in with no games for at least 6 weeks. Will be an ugly finals series.
I think they should have taken the opportunity to play last weekend. Might come back to hurt them

I think regardless of whether they played last week the curtains are slowly getting shut on the season.
There’s no way crowds will be allowed out at KSC in any capacity for the start of finals if they are ran and by the GF there may be a chance of a crowd but it will be limited. If VIC continues to get case numbers that pop up and snap lockdowns continue to exist then those crowd numbers plummet back to 0 every time. I think one more lockdown after this (pending it opens next week) and it’s over.

Would not want to finish on top and win first final. Going into a GF with 1 game in ten weeks? Not ideal. Especially with next to no training in that time.

Would not want to finish on top and win first final. Going into a GF with 1 game in ten weeks? Not ideal. Especially with next to no training in that time.

That has to be in their thinking lmao, nearly at the point you legit just play 1v2 and get a result. Can't have the top placed team playing so little footy with zero continuity.

100% curtains, absolutely devastated for the juniors in the TDFL to miss last year for their development & now most likely no crack at finals. As young kids, particularly 17s - finals & grand finals leave long lasting memories, life long mates before they enter their senior football or U18 in town in the O&M. The ability of the Hume League to punch out games will be telling next year with regard to clearances & how strong their comp will become in my opinion.

100% curtains, absolutely devastated for the juniors in the TDFL to miss last year for their development & now most likely no crack at finals. As young kids, particularly 17s - finals & grand finals leave long lasting memories, life long mates before they enter their senior football or U18 in town in the O&M. The ability of the Hume League to punch out games will be telling next year with regard to clearances & how strong their comp will become in my opinion.
Not just young kids though. The best years I've had were as a young bloke at Mitta in the early/mid 2000s. Lucky I've had my turn, but these guys who are in with a shot just to miss out on getting a chance to even play might never get that chance again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back