2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

North East AFL step in now don’t they and make it happen?

Biggest issue is the clubs have to want to do it. If one doesn’t agree it doesn’t happen.
It makes sense but pride usually gets in the way.
Any word on who is coaching Mitta? I’m hearing they are struggling big time.
Barny is an interesting one for me, losing DeMarty & McNamara’s plus Cook, Hansted possibly McNeil will put them back.
Not hearing much from Thurgoona except O’Connell possibly going to yack.
Chiltern getting Scott Myer makes them early favourites, won’t find a better player in the league.

looking forward to 2022

Biggest issue is the clubs have to want to do it. If one doesn’t agree it doesn’t happen.
Barny is an interesting one for me, losing DeMarty & McNamara’s plus Cook, Hansted possibly McNeil will put them back.
Chiltern getting Scott Myer makes them early favourites, won’t find a better player in the league.

looking forward to 2022
Thurgoona have signed a couple of players from Lockhart and Harry Toohney from North Albury. So nothing to write home about. O'Connell to Yak makes sense with his wife playing netball.

Scott Myer is a huge get for chiltern. You'd think that sky rockets their chances.

Saw in the bordermail that Kody Lowe is waiting to see who next coach is for Wahgunyah before committing.

looking forward to 2022
Cook and DeMarte will also probably pull a few other players out of Barny too wouldn’t they?

Thurgoona have signed a couple of players from Lockhart and Harry Toohney from North Albury. So nothing to write home about. O'Connell to Yak makes sense with his wife playing netball.

Scott Myer is a huge get for chiltern. You'd think that sky rockets their chances.
I think josh spence would be a bigger loss for the tigers
Where's he off too?

Where's he off too?

Massive get for chiltern Scott Meyer.
They are shaping up really good for 2022

dederang are picking up some some good players as well. By the looks of their page.

barnawarthas page just announced Spence and McNeill staying put.

heard a rumour barber back to Kiewa

long way out top 5
Chiltern
Yack
Kiewa

barny, tall, dederang and Thurgoona chasing the last two spots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Marc Almond is trying to raid Chiltern, he won’t have much luck, the entire list has recommitted. Barny won’t drop off, Cook barely played last year, Hanstead is a mercenary & McNeil was never considering leaving, as for Demarte, he’s pushing 50 and didn’t actually play last year.
Rutherglen won’t merge with Wahgunyah, they’ll pick up the scraps anyway.

Dederang seem to have an issue with Jordan Harrington, had signed with Lockhart was given permission to leave as long as it was to a higher league.
lockhart are now asking for a figure due toall the sign on fee’s he has accepted over the years.
If that figure is 10k then I believe there salary cap goes does to 55k Hopefully Jordan plays for nothing

Dederang seem to have an issue with Jordan Harrington, had signed with Lockhart was given permission to leave as long as it was to a higher league.
lockhart are now asking for a figure due toall the sign on fee’s he has accepted over the years.
If that figure is 10k then I believe there salary cap goes does to 55k Hopefully Jordan plays for nothing
i have been hearing that it is more than 10k Lockhart is looking for.

Could he not get cleared to an O&M club and then go to Dederang ?

Where does that put the Bombers for next year if he makes it up the hill?

Hmm. If you signed a player of that calibre 2 months ago surely you'd be promoting that to try get some more recruits jumping on board? Something must be wrong with Lockhart. Any other recruits ?

Hmm. If you signed a player of that calibre 2 months ago surely you'd be promoting that to try get some more recruits jumping on board? Something must be wrong with Lockhart. Any other recruits ?

My Mail is it hasent been announced yet at the request of Lockhart as there still on the hunt for a coach but it has got out and is pretty common knowledge around town he will be playing with the bombers next year.

Wylie Harrington and Jack Muldoon have also left Lockhart and signed with Thurgoona.

Barny have announced a few young guys from Wodonga in the Gardiner twins and Ben McPherson, not sure how they go does anybody have any mail on these 3?

apart from that everybody has been pretty quite on the recruiting front

My Mail is it hasent been announced yet at the request of Lockhart as there still on the hunt for a coach but it has got out and is pretty common knowledge around town he will be playing with the bombers next year.

Wylie Harrington and Jack Muldoon have also left Lockhart and signed with Thurgoona.

Barny have announced a few young guys from Wodonga in the Gardiner twins and Ben McPherson, not sure how they go does anybody have any mail on these 3?

apart from that everybody has been pretty quite on the recruiting front

Seems strange I do understand they wanted to hold off for a little bit but since when do Dederang care about Lockhart?

I’m also certain you don’t leave big coin at Lockhart for less at Dederang. Hard to see them fitting Jones, Harrington & Powell into the salary cap plus the other 18 players required.

Seems strange I do understand they wanted to hold off for a little bit but since when do Dederang care about Lockhart?

I’m also certain you don’t leave big coin at Lockhart for less at Dederang. Hard to see them fitting Jones, Harrington & Powell into the salary cap plus the other 18 players required.
You'd imagine Powell would be on a smaller coin given it is his home club?
Lets just say those 50% of the cap - they are nearly all 1 pointers, they will most likely be under the cap!

Well the writing seems to be on the wall for the lions and the competition will be down to 11 clubs next season

strong Mail coming out of Wahgunyah is that they have a coach and the details will be finalised over the weekend.
The name I got was Sean Curtis.
Also taking a handful of players with him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back