Teams 2021 St.Kilda Best 22 (assuming all players are fit)

Remove this Banner Ad

F'kn amateurs... :shoutyoldman:

SENIORS

FB: Wilkie - Howard - Paton
HB: Long - Carlisle - Coffield
RK: Ryder - Steele - Crouch
CR: Hill - Jones - Clark
HF: Billings - Membrey - Gresham
FF: Butler - King - Marshall
IC: Hannebery Ross Battle Higgins

MAGOOS

FB: Geary - Frawley* - Roberton
HB: Savage - Clavarino - Webster
RK: Alabakis - Dunstan - Bytel
CR: McKenzie - Sinclair - Phillips
HF: Kent - Marsh - Byrnes
FF: McKernan - Joyce - Lonie
IC: Connolly

Last edited:
Do we think Geary will still captain in 2021? I respect his experience and leadership but he's getting on and has never been the most skilled player.
It will be a bit embarrassing to bench a captain because he' s not in the best 22 but if he plays he could be taking valuable spot from a player coming into their prime.
I don't think he should. He has done a great job and ended up being the perfect choice this year with what eventuated with the hubs but I think it's time for a new captain to take over and a long term chose for this new era.

And with next year in all likelihood being Gears last year, it will be good to have him around to transition the captaincy.

F'kn amateurs... :shoutyoldman:

SENIORS

FB: Wilkie - Howard - Paton
HB: Long - Carlisle - Coffield
RK: Ryder - Steele - Crouch
CR: Hill - Jones - Clark
HF: Billings - Membrey - Gresham
FF: Butler - King - Marshall
IC: Hannebery Ross Battle Higgins

MAGOOS

FB: Geary - Frawley*- Roberton
HB: Savage - Clavarino - Webster
RK: Alabakis - Dunstan - Bytel
CR: McKenzie - Sinclair - Phillips
HF: Kent - Marsh - Byrnes
FF: McKernan - Joyce - Lonie
IC: Connolly

With Crouch as a new addition I think I would swap Ross and Sinclair.

Geary: 12 disposals, 2 goals, 0 tackles
Daniel: 26 disposals, 1 goal, 3 tackles

It was one of Geary's better games but he was well beaten by Daniel who was BOG for them.

Wait a second

Didn't Geary play the defensive forward role in the first half, forcing Daniel to change positions after half time (when he started having an influence)?

In other words Geary played on him for a half, and won the matchup.

I still have hope for Jimmy Webster to fit in next year.

Wait a second

Didn't Geary play the defensive forward role in the first half, forcing Daniel to change positions after half time (when he started having an influence)?

In other words Geary played on him for a half, and won the matchup.

Yeah, can't blame Gears for Daniel's last quarter (10 touches and a goal).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really interested in the Frawley narrative
Should be in good condition and would slip back in nicely at FB.
My memory of season 2020 is that we looked weak against teams like Geelong and Richmond who had big forwards we couldn’t stop.

Given how out of favour Snake was in the 2nd half of the season it may be that Chips being backup may change
Frawley for FB

Really interested in the Frawley narrative
Should be in good condition and would slip back in nicely at FB.
My memory of season 2020 is that we looked weak against teams like Geelong and Richmond who had big forwards we couldn’t stop.

Given how out of favour Snake was in the 2nd half of the season it may be that Chips being backup may change
Frawley for FB
All for Snake. But I get the view they want an immediate back up.

Yeah look I used to be a big fan of Jake but watching him this year he looked less invested. Not sure we haven’t got reservations about where he stands in the team
Carlisle is a vital part of our team , knowing that we have him this year is a great get , he could easily have the best couple years ahead of him.
Last year he played and by no means he should of come back as soon as he did after back surgery , but he did to trigger his next year.
He is one guy that can take pain as he did the year before when he actually played with a bad rib injury.
He is also one of the only guys in the team that would take action if some gave a cheap shot on one of the kids around him.
But the main thing when he is on his game he is a top intercept mark.
Having a motivated Carlisle will only make the team better , he would of been knocked back a few steps because he thought in the open market he might of got a nibble , but nothing came , so he will be going out to impress this year.

I'm no big fan of Frawley but he is a handy pick up and most probably would want to show Clarkson he was put to pasture to early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back