News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting quotes below:

And if it seems the 22-year-old has been dotting up all over the ground this season, there’s reason for it.

After beginning the year as an inside midfielder, Clark has gone on to play across half-back – the position which made him such an integral part of St Kilda’s defence last season – and most recently, pick up a role as a wingman/forward.

“I’m loving doing that and playing a bit of everywhere,” Clark told saints.com.au.

“It can be difficult if you’re not settling into a spot or you’re moving into different positions throughout the quarter, but at the same time I’ve loved it.

A lot of the boys are doing that though, all playing multiple spots, so it’s not just me, but it’s good for my confidence that I can do that for the team and can have an impact.
- Hunter Clark
“It probably wasn’t the greatest watch (on Saturday), but you love playing in those games where you walk off the field and all the boys are just spent.”

“I have things where I know if I’m doing them well – which is my contest – and if I bring that, pretty much everything else will flow off that,” Clark said.

“If that’s down you can find other ways to impact the game, but I suppose for me every contest I get to, I need to put myself in the position to be able to win the ball or help teammates out.”

The courage to come off his man with less than a straight kick separating the Saints and Suns in the dying stages and flick a pass through to Crouch – who went on to seal the deal – was the prime example.

As has been the case every summer, getting fitter, getting stronger and improving his tank to play better for longer periods has been a focus for Clark, but added visualisation and meditation techniques have played a role in his on-field output.

While he admits some of last year’s final-quarter silk against the Suns was on his mind heading into this week, the young Saint’s pre-game visualisation isn’t about winning the game off his own boot or match-winning theatrics.

“It’s not so much ‘I’m going to do it and flip it around for us’, it’s more about ‘how can I impact the game’ and how can we all impact our teammates to lift,” Clark said.

“In that last quarter we didn’t change anything, really. We just started clicking a bit more with ball use and things like that.
https://www.saints.com.au/news/881741/dynamic-duo-ink-two-year-extension
“We knew we were capable and just had to help each other out.

“That’s been a focus over the last few weeks for us: how we can help each other rather than how we can help ourselves. That’s had a big impact on everyone.

“There’s a lot more selflessness around and everyone’s helping each other and our performances have probably indicated that.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"A constant supporter for Webster has been his long-time partner, Richael."

Richael? Like Michael with an R? Is that even a name?

In Irish Baby Names the meaning of the name Richael is: Name of a saint.

A month on from Rod Owen's disclosure that he was sexually molested by St Kilda Little League manager Albert Briggs, St Kilda is yet to make a decision on Briggs' life membership status at the club.
It’s on the backburner, no rush. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back