News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My understanding is that department was already understaffed and then we had to fire more of them last year, so I'm not surprised not much is coming out. I'm guessing they're outsourcing it now and that's pretty expensive.
Would explain why the social media posts that come out are almost a week old.
Keep getting excited for new news then find out it is just the same Billings article.

Hard to believe how much bad luck Geary has had in the last couple of years.

Broken leg, compartment syndrome, calf, hamstring etc.

Feel so bad for him and his family. Just hasn't been able to get a decent run at it.

Watching a podcast on Youtube called Donnie's Disposal, an American podcast about AFL football.
These guys know their stuff. Donnie Hess is the Des Moine USAFL coach.

Latest guest is a baseball writer who is a Saints fan. Knows more than most of us.

Talking about Father son, VFL and VFA, the Saints fan talking about Norwood v Port as the best non VFL teams. FMD the AFL bug has bitten these guys hard.

Really interesting take on AFL from American fans.

Last edited:
Watching a podcast on Youtube called Donnie's Disposal, an American podcast about AFL football.
These guys know their stuff. Donnie Hess is the Des Moine USAFL coach.

Latest guest is a baseball writer who is a Saints fan. Knows more than most of us.

Talking about Father son, VFL and VFA, the Saints fan talking about Norwood v Port as the best non VFL teams. FMD the AFL bug has bitten these guys hard.

Really interesting take on AFL from American fans.
Thanks that was really interesting seems like a die hard supporter!

Shame he’ll never get out here maybe we need to get him some merch signed on day??

St Kilda must improve on its drought-breaking Season 2020 to earn a pass mark, according to Dougal Howard.

The key defender, who finished his first year at the club with a third-placed finish at the Trevor Barker Award, says the Saints are hungry to build upon last year's positive foundations.

Douga.jpg

This article is about West Coast but mentions we are the other club where the players have agreed to take a higher pay cut this year. I dont think this has been reported anywhere else.

WEST Coast players have agreed to higher pay cuts across the board after being assured the club won't be saving money to splash on high-priced recruits at the end of the year.

In a move that has been praised for its efficiency and equitable nature, the Eagles have accepted a seven per cent pay cut across the list.

Clubs have been working through pay arrangements for this year after the AFL's salary cap cut at the end of last season, with many list managers altering contracts and back-ending deals.

The AFL last year slashed the salary cap by nine per cent to $13.17 million per club but players did not take a nine per cent pay cut. Instead, they had an average cut of 3.5 per cent when taking list-size reductions into account.

The AFL Players' Association also agreed to a model that has seen a range of players affected differently depending on when they signed their most recent contract, with pay deferments available.

It was left to the clubs to decide how to manage their pay decreases, with the Eagles undertaking their unified and player-supported model.
They have been widely commended by industry sources for their proactive approach last year to be one of the first clubs to sort their payments, with St Kilda also taking a higher list-wide pay drop, with uncertainty also surrounding the collective bargaining agreement from 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Saints fans. I hope it's ok I post in here.

In our latest podcast my mate and I do, we continue our 2020 club reviews, discussing St Kilda this time.

From the 23.48min mark, we talk about the year the Saints had.
Give it a listen if you have a spare 20mins & wanting to consume some external opinions on your club while you patiently wait for 2021 to kick-off.

Google Podcasts - Footy Focus Podcast

St Kilda @ 23.48
- 2019 recruits pay off with Saints ending finals drought
- Marshall-Ryder best ruck duo in game as Ratten's attacking game plan excites the AFL
- Will Hill & Crouch be elite midfielders to support Steele?
- Can new recruit Frawley & fringe Carlisle support Howard in defence?
- H. Clark Pendlebury-like & midfield move awaits while Gresham can push for AA
- Geary's injury could mean time is now to hand captaincy over
- Finals not guarantee in 2021, but improved M. King to help Saints reach September

Hey Saints fans. I hope it's ok I post in here.

In our latest podcast my mate and I do, we continue our 2020 club reviews, discussing St Kilda this time.

From the 23.48min mark, we talk about the year the Saints had.
Give it a listen if you have a spare 20mins & wanting to consume some external opinions on your club while you patiently wait for 2021 to kick-off.

Google Podcasts - Footy Focus Podcast

St Kilda @ 23.48
- 2019 recruits pay off with Saints ending finals drought
- Marshall-Ryder best ruck duo in game as Ratten's attacking game plan excites the AFL
- Will Hill & Crouch be elite midfielders to support Steele?
- Can new recruit Frawley & fringe Carlisle support Howard in defence?
- H. Clark Pendlebury-like & midfield move awaits while Gresham can push for AA
- Geary's injury could mean time is now to hand captaincy over
- Finals not guarantee in 2021, but improved M. King to help Saints reach September

Will give it a listen after i get over how sh1t my golf was today LOL
Pay no attention to the 1 percent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back