News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

We just paid of a few million of it didn't we.

I'm suspicious that job keeper and other government money may have been a help in debt reduction for a few of us. A couple of clubs with no gate takings all of a sudden make massive inroad into their debt.

Trout bought 15 Bitcoin in 2012 for the club but can remember the password

I met a guy that happened to through a mate. Had his password written down and couldn't access his wallet. He'd been paid $500 worth back when it was worth nothing as part of a loan payback and was sitting on an inaccessible fortune. He literally turned everything in his house over looking for a missing piece of paper. Never found it.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
I met a guy that happened to through a mate. Had his password written down and couldn't access his wallet. He'd been paid $500 worth back when it was worth nothing as part of a loan payback and was sitting on an inaccessible fortune. He literally turned everything in his house over looking for a missing piece of paper. Never found it.
My password for a crypto wallet is literally 16 random words. In order. It's not a significant sum, but it doesn't surprise me when I hear about people not able to access it.

My password for a crypto wallet is literally 16 random words. In order. It's not a significant sum, but it doesn't surprise me when I hear about people not able to access it.

My mate reckon's he's a bit of a prick anyway. He owns racehorses and stuff so he's no pauper but his marriage broke down and my mate reckons it's because he was going nuts about the bitcoin. Blamed her for throwing away the password and acted like a general nut job like pulling apart furniture and throwing away everything that he'd searched thoroughly. It's like a modern nightmare. It was probably about 5 years ago I met him and it was already in the millions then, it's probably increased since then. Didn't some guy buy a pizza as the first bitcoin purchase and it cost the equivalent now of an apartment or something?

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
My mate reckon's he's a bit of a prick anyway. He owns racehorses and stuff so he's no pauper but his marriage broke down and my mate reckons it's because he was going nuts about the bitcoin. Blamed her for throwing away the password and acted like a general nut job like pulling apart furniture and throwing away everything that he'd searched thoroughly. It's like a modern nightmare. It was probably about 5 years ago I met him and it was already in the millions then, it's probably increased since then. Didn't some guy buy a pizza as the first bitcoin purchase and it cost the equivalent now of an apartment or something?
Not much different to misplacing your 'stash'...whatever your poison maybe....can drive you to the point of seriously insane deeds!

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wanted to buy $1500 worth when it was .20c each, and right now it’s worth $77,400 each. I sleep easy at night because I know I would have panic sold once it hit .50c and dropped back to .40c.
I have less than $3000 in various coins and it’s worth about $9000 if I sold now. I think I’ll sit on it for 10 years and see what happens. I’m mainly in Cardano and I make about 5% interest on that each year because I’m Staking it.

I have no idea why any of it is worth money.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm suspicious that job keeper and other government money may have been a help in debt reduction for a few of us. A couple of clubs with no gate takings all of a sudden make massive inroad into their debt.
To reassure you somewhat, North have done a wonderful job in getting that debt down from $9mill in 2012 if the AFL article is to be believed.
Good effort and congratulations to them for achieving this goal.
But this current backslapping needs context.
The debt they paid off this year was $400k.
Yep, two thirds of a Crouch.

Context is everything.

s**t every time i need to use mygov i need to reset my password

Last edited:
Not much different to misplacing your 'stash'...whatever your poison maybe....can drive you to the point of seriously insane deeds!

I read Billy Thorpe's book, they had an enormous "plant" and decided to make hash out of it. They buried it in a vacant lot to ferment. When they came back to get it, the Toorak library had been built on top of it. Talk about misplacing your stash.

:D
Yep Billy and his girlfriend had a plant at their flat, when they moved they took it to his girlfriend's ( later to be his wife after the tackiest vegas wedding they could come up with ) parents farm, near Sunbury i think. They forgot all about it for some years while doing rockstar stuff, , until one day they went to visit , and Mom said, "oh by the way , you should take that plant of yours back". Mom had been caring for it , and it was like a small tree. They drove it back home strapped to the roof of the car. Then plucked it and smoked what they could and made hash out of the rest of it.
Billy died at 60 ( i think ) but he lived more in 43 of those than most of us will if we live to 100.

His books were an eye opener.
Huge brawls in Canberra with guns, and Bon Scott when he looked like this.
( the backup singer )

I read Billy Thorpe's book, they had an enormous "plant" and decided to make hash out of it. They buried it in a vacant lot to ferment. When they came back to get it, the Toorak library had been built on top of it. Talk about misplacing your stash.

He was meant to be a bit of a nutter back in the day.

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes

Saturday arvo’s at the Village Green, ahh the good old days. 🍻🍻🍻

FLICK I sound like my bloody grandfather when he used to say “ I remember when I was young “ 🥴🥴

Saturday arvo’s at the Village Green, ahh the good old days. 🍻🍻🍻

FLICK I sound like my bloody grandfather when he used to say “ I remember when I was young “ 🥴🥴
Had many a big day at the village green

Aston Martin dealer near Kings Cross "Get ya grotty hands off that car kid, you'll never afford a car like that "
18YO Billy Thorp. " Why how much is it "
Dealer " $xxx.xxx
few hours later
Billy " Will you take cash " ( they did).

Of course you have do drive your new Aston ( without a license ) to Brisbane to do burnouts on your old schoolground.
Of course when you crash your new Aston into a paddock, and a girl is telling you off for scaring her horse, you make friends with her in a special way.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Aston Martin dealer near Kings Cross "Get ya grotty hands off that car kid, you'll never afford a car like that "
18YO Billy Thorp. " Why how much is it "
Dealer " $xxx.xxx
few hours later
Billy " Will you take cash " ( they did).

Of course you have do drive your new Aston ( without a license ) to Brisbane to do burnouts on your old schoolground.
Of course when you crash your new Aston into a paddock, and a girl is telling you off for scaring her horse, you make friends with her in a special way.
Jordan DeGoey was born in the wrong era

FEmQESaVcAI97sy

maanco

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

ST KILDA
PICKS: 9, 55, 62, 66, 67, 85
KEY DEFENDERS: Dougal Howard, Callum Wilkie, Josh Battle, Tom Highmore, Darragh Joyce.
SMALL/MEDIUM DEFENDERS: Hunter Clark, Nick Coffield, Ben Paton, Jarryn Geary, Ben Long, Jimmy Webster, Daniel McKenzie.
MIDFIELDERS: Jack Steele, Brad Crouch, Zak Jones, Bradley Hill, Ryan Byrnes, Dan Hannebery, Seb Ross, Jack Sinclair, Jack Bytel, Leo Connolly.
KEY FORWARDS: Max King, Tim Membrey, Cooper Sharman, Mason Wood, Matthew Allison.
SMALL/MEDIUM FORWARDS: Jade Gresham, Jack Billings, Dan Butler, Jack Higgins, Dean Kent.
RUCKS: Rowan Marshall, Paddy Ryder, Tom Campbell, Max Heath.

The Saints’ list is an intriguing spot. A promising 2020 was followed by a disappointing 2021, although they did recapture form with a strong finish to their campaign. Delisting Luke Dunstan was a surprising decision given his resurgence in form, but the club’s engine room still appears poised to lead a September charge if Jade Gresham and Jack Billings can impact up the ground. They were the second oldest list behind Geelong in 2021. Josh Sinn is rising back up draft boards after sliding throughout the season – and would make sense, too, with St Kilda likely to look at outside run. Neil Erasmus could be available and provides a point of difference as a tall midfielder, while fellow West Australian product Matthew Johnson is a smart ball-user around the mark. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera offers long-term class on the wing and in time, would complement the Saints’ young inside midfielders like Ryan Byrnes and Jack Bytel. All of St Kilda’s picks to follow will revolve around matching bids for academy pair Mitch Owens and Marcus Windhager. Owens is a possible bolter and there is still a chance he is swooped on by a rival in the top 20. The Saints should be safe with Windhager, who comes from an elite junior basketball background but only resumed full training in February this year after returning from an ACL tear. He is an explosive athlete who could one day prove a draft bargain if he is not bid on until later.

Back